Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4611393 times)

trad_bowhunter1965 and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #15585 on: February 06, 2018, 07:46:27 am »
More of the cabin and the kids having fun. Then to the first lake. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15586 on: February 06, 2018, 07:48:15 am »
Man they have a lot of lakes up there. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15587 on: February 06, 2018, 07:50:46 am »
Caught quite a few fish the first evening. Cold and windy but fun just the same. :) My Micky Mouse boots worked just fine, no cold feet. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15588 on: February 06, 2018, 07:54:51 am »
Then back to the warm cabin. Very nice place to stay. Check out the Men and Women's out house signs. They worried about me having enough cloth and boots to stay warm, I assured them us folks from Tennessee did have winter cloth and shoes, we just didn't need them very often. ;) :) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15589 on: February 06, 2018, 07:59:16 am »
First time driving out on the ice, I wondered why they put me in the middle and rolled their windows down. ??? :-\ Then back to the cabin to clean up our fish. We caught some nice ones, several Sun fish I think they called them. ;) Rocky practicing with his new blow gun, in the cabin no less. ::)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15590 on: February 06, 2018, 08:05:57 am »
Rocky really knows how to clean fish. ;) We got quite the mess over the few days of fishing. Then we wake up to about 6 inches of snow the morning we planned on leaving, they said that was nothing. :-\
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15591 on: February 06, 2018, 08:13:05 am »
 More snow on the way home, snowed every day I was above the bridge but that seem normal to them that live there. :)It was great time, I really want to thank Rocky for the invite and Dave and Greg for sharing the cabin with us for the week. ;) :) Great place to spend some time and the hospitality was top notch.!!!!!!!  Life is Good
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BrianS

« Reply #15592 on: February 06, 2018, 08:38:45 am »
Pappy,
Great report and pictures from your trip. I enjoy seeing what others are doing and wild places. What a beautiful cabin. Thank you for taking the time to post it.
Take care,
Brian

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #15593 on: February 06, 2018, 10:52:20 am »
Looks like you had some UP style fun, eh?  It is a different world up there than at Tennessee.  Probably in part to why we enjoy coming to see ya'll so much. 
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Otis

« Reply #15594 on: February 06, 2018, 03:52:58 pm »
Great pictures Pappy.  I took a few but, not as many as you did.  I had a great time up there and just getting to relax and have fun with friends not a bow shoot were one set of us was working.  Glad you didn't get too cold.  Only time I heard him (Pappy) complain about anything cold was his hands when he caught fish and had to take his gloves off.  A good thing in my book.  Looking forward to seeing you again in a couple months,  should be a little warmer then.

David

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #15595 on: February 06, 2018, 04:14:46 pm »
Great that you got to experience a bit more of our state Pappy. They really don't like it when they don't get enough snow up there. A lot of their economy depends on snow in the winter for snowmobiler's and skiing. They have many many miles of groomed snowmobile trails. One real nice thing about fishing this time of year is no sketers.
Thanks for taking us along
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline cracker

« Reply #15596 on: February 06, 2018, 06:28:29 pm »
Hi Mark  just stopped by to see what you guys are up to. Snow was really pretty of course we didn't get any hope to see you guys before too much longer. Things are getting better around here  so a little more quality time is available. Your ol buddy Cracker
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15597 on: February 07, 2018, 06:16:58 am »
Dang Cracker, good to hear from you !!!!! We were just talking about you the other day.[All good of course] Miss you and hope you can make it back up someday soon. :) :) I have put most of my personal projects on hold for a few days trying to finish the refurbishing of the registration . Got it painted yesterday and cabinets are ready to go up so it is about finished. Also reworking the old target shed by the cabin, half of it will become storage for tables/signs and such and the front half will become an area for my stuff that came out of the registration, they ran me out. ??? :o ;) :)  Also got a new carport coming tomorrow for the bow shop area. We are trying to add more room without having to put up tents for the Classic, not there yet but hope to be in another year or so. ;) :) Thanks BJ, I love your state, it is really strange how it changes is just a shot distance, goes from swamp to sand dunes/cedar to pine and then all of the sudden hard woods and back again. Dave I really enjoyed our time together and thanks again to you and Deb. for the hospitality. Much appreciated. ;) :) Ya Matt it is different but some areas remind me of home and once out of the city the folks are not much different than us, they just talk funny. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15598 on: February 08, 2018, 06:25:22 am »
Got a good start on the shed clean up yesterday, got it all empty and sweep out and started putting it back together, I have never seen so much stuff, not sure where it all comes from but it had sure piled up in that building. ;) :) I found some things that I have wondered where they went  :-[ and also a lot of junk that will be discarded. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #15599 on: February 08, 2018, 10:20:56 am »
Really glad you enjoyed it Pappy. If you ever get a chance I'd love to show you around the "sunrise side"
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise