Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4609762 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #15645 on: February 19, 2018, 06:19:40 pm »
Great fire/great meals and got some stuff done to boot, great weekend, I really enjoyed it, thanks guys for coming and hanging out.  ;) :) Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #15646 on: February 19, 2018, 07:13:25 pm »
Thanks again for letting us come for the weekend.  It was a much needed break from daily life.  Why do you always make me stand next to the tallest club member for a picture  ???   
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #15647 on: February 19, 2018, 07:27:16 pm »
It must be from working all of those 800lb osage logs that makes you look shorter than you are.
By the way I'd bet on you any day on a arm wrestling contest. ;)
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #15648 on: February 19, 2018, 07:37:40 pm »
Can't believe y'all burned all them good spoons and forks " Bamboo "
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #15649 on: February 20, 2018, 03:07:18 am »
Thanks again for letting us come for the weekend.  It was a much needed break from daily life.  Why do you always make me stand next to the tallest club member for a picture  ???

Clint notice how he's standing just a little closer to like those fish pictures. Looks like you all had a good time. I remember that stave from Marshall Clint. Hopefully it's a shooter by May.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15650 on: February 20, 2018, 06:53:20 am »
Never though about that Guy, it was not in any shape to back bows so with my clean up I just cut it up and burned it. ??? I have plenty more that is still green. ;) :) Really coming along with the clean up, I am working on my little area now just as you go in the shop and am finding stuff that I have wondered where it went, :o  another hatchet head and all sorts of other goodies that have been lost in the pile. Problem is I can't seem to make myself throw anything away , so I guess I will just straighten and re stack. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #15651 on: February 20, 2018, 10:01:16 am »
Has big Will gotten even taller? It sure looks like it in the picture with him and Clint. :)
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15652 on: February 22, 2018, 06:31:12 am »
No I don't think so Pearl, I think he is just stretching out because of Clint. ;) :) Had a very wet day yesterday so spent some time in the shop, got a new bow bench finished with a good vice on 1 end and a bow press on the other, it is going in the new area, it was delivered yesterday and Bill and I plan on getting it leveled and fix into place today if the rain will slow. :-\  I also got my new knife sanded and ready for sealing and a camp ax handle [Osage] fitted to the old head I found while cleaning. Good day !!!!!!!!!!
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15653 on: February 23, 2018, 07:08:36 am »
Friday and headed to the Cabin, got lots to do if the rain will stop. :-\ Just about done with the clean and re organizing and I have to say the place looks better.Found stuff I had forgot about and now have it in a place where I can probably forget about it again. ;) :) :) :) But at least I got to see it again after many years for some of it. ;) The new shed cam in also, just need to get it set and fixed into place. It is going to open up a lot of new options in the bow working area. I am headed out to Birmingham AL. in the morning at 3am to the Spring Fling, that should be a good time but a long day for sure. Driving down in the morning [3 1/2 hours] and then back late tomorrow evening. Hope yall have a good one also. ;) Life is Good. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15654 on: February 25, 2018, 05:58:09 pm »
Great weekend, got a lot done in the shop Friday and went to a good shoot Saturday, long day, left the cabin at 3am and got back at 6:30pm but well worth the drive. Here a few pictures of the fun, sorry no pictures of the shoot, forgot my camera.  :-[
Started another ax handle and also moved the chain saw chain sharper to a fixed bench and mounted some vices on the old bench, that will come in handy at the Classic.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15655 on: February 25, 2018, 06:00:12 pm »
Got my tool area and supply shelves all straightened out and Bill showed up for some bow work. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15656 on: February 25, 2018, 06:01:45 pm »
Bill also working on a knife. Got my camp ax mounted. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15657 on: February 25, 2018, 06:05:00 pm »
Got my bone pile area an straightened up and also made a pendant from a deer center skull I found in the pile, waste not want not. ;) :) :) I love them things, most folks don't have a clue what they are. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15658 on: February 25, 2018, 06:07:13 pm »
The new roof showed up, now to get it in place, project for this week if the weather holds, Also got the bow building area all cleaned up and ready for the party to begin. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15659 on: February 25, 2018, 06:10:03 pm »
Final area clean and ready, straighten some shims and put the bow Jigs back in place and the shop should be ready to mess up again. :) Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good