Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4651140 times)

Offline osage outlaw

Re: Life is good
« Reply #15660 on: February 25, 2018, 08:08:57 pm »
The shop is looking great Pappy
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline chamookman

« Reply #15661 on: February 26, 2018, 02:33:44 am »
Lookin' good - don't get it too clean  :laugh:  :OK ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #15662 on: February 26, 2018, 07:00:55 am »
No worries Bob, it will get messy again soon enough. ;) :) Just like to start out clean once a year, this is as clean and straight as it has been in a long while and did find a lot of cool stuff I had lost or forgotten about. :) Headed down this morning to start on getting the shed in place, after it is where I want it I can finish moving and getting things in order, should give us a lot more space during the Classic and if it it is anything like the last few years we will need it. ;) :) Since it always seems to rain , more roofs to hang out under is always a good thing. ;) :)
 pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GlennM

« Reply #15663 on: February 26, 2018, 11:18:33 am »
I saw on the news this morning that the Clarksville area had a tornado touch down.  I hope all the Twin Oaks folks made it out OK.  Davey has his knee surgery last Monday.  He is comfortably in his recliner and is in good spirits.  He says it hurts like heck but hoping for a decent outcome. Miss Barb is taking good care of him.

I'm headed to West Point Military Academy at the end of the week with my daughter.  She was the top precision air rifle shooter in our area and is competing for a state high school title on Saturday.

I hope all is well,

Glenn

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15664 on: February 27, 2018, 06:17:00 am »
Yes Glenn we are fine, the storm split just as it got to us and went North west about 15 miles and due North. Lots of damage in those areas but only some limbs and small debris down around us and lots of rain. All good ,I had several calls from my friends from the North, it made the national new which Clarksville don't do very often . ;) :) Good luck to the Gal this weekend, hope she does well. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #15665 on: February 27, 2018, 12:49:32 pm »
Thats good to hear pappy.

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Mounter

« Reply #15666 on: February 27, 2018, 10:05:39 pm »
I wonder how many bows have been started, straightened, tillered tweeked and finished on that old work bench? Pretty cool to think about.

Offline chamookman

« Reply #15667 on: February 28, 2018, 01:55:43 am »
Glad to hear that Pappy - was thinking of You Folks ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15668 on: February 28, 2018, 07:37:28 am »
Many many Mounter, yep some good memories for sure. ;) :) Thanks guys for thinking of us, we have another round coming in today, don't look as bad as far as wind but lots of rain. We are going to set a record for the wettest Feb. since the late 1800's if we get as much as an inch today, they are calling for several inches. ;) Just hoping it is getting it out of it system before May. ;) :) :) :) I got the new roof set in place Yesterday, now all it needs is leveling up and secured into place, then I can start moving in and getting it set up. Looking forward to that, we really needed the room. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #15669 on: February 28, 2018, 09:38:05 am »
Lets get all this bad weather over with before May although we've been through it all before at the Classic.  (R  (-S  (W
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15670 on: March 01, 2018, 07:13:52 am »
Yep Pat about every year Pat, but none like 2010, the 13th Classic. 17 inches in 2 1/2 days, WOW. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15671 on: March 02, 2018, 07:15:07 am »
Friday I think  ;) :) Headed to the cabin, it has finely quit raining so maybe I can get some work done on the new shed. We are setting up a booth Saturday and Sunday at the Tuckasee Expo in Clarksville so that should be fun. Taking a bunch of stuff for display to let folks know what we do. Bryan Ferguson is going to be there also so it will be nice to see him again and see some of his shooting skills. I will try and get some pictures of our set up, it should be pretty cool the way we have it planned. Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #15672 on: March 04, 2018, 03:42:17 pm »
Lord, its been way too long since I had a chance to check in here. Sorry its been so long. My life has been a mad house for the last few years. Hope your doing well Pappy. I will be missing this year again for the Classic but I am saving up for the next on the following year. I really missed sitting around the campfire with all of you!

David Tiller
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15673 on: March 05, 2018, 06:23:10 am »
Man it is good to hear from you Tiller, look forward to you making it back some day. We had a great weekend, got my shed all set and ready to move in and had a great time at the Expo, I will have some pictures up in a day or so. Running behind for some reason. The expo wasn't over until 6pm yesterday and then had to get all our stuff back to the cabin and put away so it was a late Sunday for me. Hope yall had a good one also.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15674 on: March 05, 2018, 02:24:07 pm »
As I said a great weekend, here are a few pictures of the fun. Friday before time to load up I got the finish on my camp ax and knife and also got the shed leveled and set into place. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good