Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4632579 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #15675 on: March 05, 2018, 02:26:16 pm »
My girls and Greg showed up for some bow work on a stave Cody gifted him a few years back. :) I think Hawthorn he called it.??
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15676 on: March 05, 2018, 02:31:08 pm »
The shed all graveled and leveled. More walnut and cherry saver from the fire . ;) Little John showed up for some ax work. Saturday we went early to set up at the Expo, first person I see there was Byron Ferguson. Hardly know him without his hat. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15677 on: March 05, 2018, 02:32:29 pm »
Setting up at the expo, lot of different vendors there, some pretty cool stuff. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15678 on: March 05, 2018, 02:33:46 pm »
More vendors and more of our set up, folks seemed to really like our stuff. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15679 on: March 05, 2018, 02:36:10 pm »
 Folks really liked my flint knife collection, got lot of looks.Got back to the cabin and Chuck was there working on some projects. :) Knife/ax and nice little bendy handle bow. Little John still cleaning on his ax head. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15680 on: March 05, 2018, 02:41:03 pm »
Found some splatted wood [ I am pretty sure it is Ash] in the burn pile, I just couldn't burn it so I sliced it up into knife scales.
Then back to the expo Sunday, got to see Bryon's shooting demo, very cool. Had a good crowd Sunday also and GregB really done a good job meeting and talking to folks. Great time. Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #15681 on: March 05, 2018, 06:26:22 pm »
The new shed looks great Pappy.  You guys had a nice display set up. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline chamookman

« Reply #15682 on: March 06, 2018, 02:22:27 am »
Cool weekend Pappy ! I've seen Byrons show a couple of times - Guy is amazing  (SH). Thanks for posting as always  :OK - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #15683 on: March 06, 2018, 05:55:58 am »
I used to work the booth for our state bowhunters asso. back in the day. It can be a long cold day in March in the buildings at the fairground but it was always good to see folks from year to year. You would not think that listening to turkeys calling all day would get old, but it does real fast. Great pics. Thanks for the memories.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #15684 on: March 06, 2018, 06:03:20 am »
You guys always got something cool going on Pappy. Thanks for the pictures. I really like the knapped eagle very cool. Would love to see Byron's show.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15685 on: March 06, 2018, 06:55:44 am »
Yes it was a good show, been where Bryon was several times but never took the time to watch him, glad I did, he had a good talk also. Ya Chief, it didn't take long for me to try and tune the Turkey and Duck call out . ;) :) Thanks Clint /Bob. We try to set up something a little different that folks will be interested in looking at. As for the new shed, I started moving stuff in yesterday and soon found out 18x22 ant as much room as you think it is. ??? But it should help some at least. :) We are having a 2 day open shoot March 17/18 so will be busy cleaning ranges and setting up targets this week and weekend, we always like to get the ranges set at least a week before, it gives us time to tweak them a little if needed. :) For safety and looks.  ;) Nothing worse than going to a event and looks like they have just thrown the targets out 15 minutes before you got there with no thought given to the set up or safety. :(
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #15686 on: March 06, 2018, 01:33:13 pm »
New shed looks great, Mark.  Can't wait to break her in!
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #15687 on: March 06, 2018, 04:10:28 pm »
Man it is good to hear from you Tiller, look forward to you making it back some day. We had a great weekend, got my shed all set and ready to move in and had a great time at the Expo, I will have some pictures up in a day or so. Running behind for some reason. The expo wasn't over until 6pm yesterday and then had to get all our stuff back to the cabin and put away so it was a late Sunday for me. Hope yall had a good one also.
 Pappy

Good to be back! Hoping I can get my bow table set up and start making bows again. I will put up some pictures of the new Homestead when i get a moment. Lot of work to do on the place. I expect I will be done sometime in the next decade or so....maybe more?!?!?!

D. Tiller
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15688 on: March 07, 2018, 07:14:06 am »
 Ya Matt all it needs is some shaving on the floor and it will begin to look like home. I got all my Brain tanning stuff moved out of it yesterday and that really opened it up.  :) I hear ya Tiller, work never seems to be done, even when you think it is you can always find something else to do. Love to see some pictures. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #15689 on: March 07, 2018, 08:00:41 am »
A little over a week until a Twin Oaks fix
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.