Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4650065 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #15690 on: March 08, 2018, 06:56:28 am »
Can't wait Bear, when y'all coming in ?? Great day yesterday, cold and windy so I spent some time in the cabin Cleaning and straighten up a bit. Didn't know how may knives I had, still don't , but it is a bunch for sure. Also made some good scores, had a large Mink a buddy gifted me/ a large Green colored Boa that belonged to a friend we go to church with die, they use to raise them and aren't going to do it anymore so I told her as they die off I would love to have them,they have over 100, she came through yesterday, a beautiful 6 foot awesome green colored. Also on the way home found a beaver road kill and got a nice large tail. Bill just happened to have the right tools in his truck to cut it off for me, thanks Bill. :) Good day, now I have some skinning to do. Funny I didn't know we had any Mink or beaver around home, guess I was wrong. ???
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #15691 on: March 08, 2018, 09:02:09 am »
Pappy it's funny how many people don't believe me that we have mink here. I catch them every year. I'm not a big long line trapper and have a lot of competition here but I've caught 19 one year. Usually kinda go in cycles. When muskrat numbers are high usually mink numbers are low. Then mink numbers pick up and rat numbers go down. Another funny thing is everyone thinks they must be worth a lot of money. I actually bought mink from my fur buyer the past two years. They are cheap. I can't pay the gas to trap them for what I can buy them for. I'm sure he's making a couple bucks off me to and that's fine with me.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15692 on: March 09, 2018, 07:13:30 am »
Ya BJ, I guess we have lots of critters here I haven't seen, but you would have thought after all these years I would have seen at least 1. Never skinned a mink so Shawn is going to lend me some advice and help. I would love to tan it and add to my collection of different hides. Don't have a mink. ;) Well it's Friday and I am headed to the cabin in a little while, we are setting the ranges today for next weeks 2 day event and I am also in the middle of a cabin clean up, that is going to take a while. :o I have to much stuff and to little space so everything has to be moved to clean and then try to figure how I had it to put it back. ;) Anyway I will get there sooner or later. Hope yall have a good one also. Don't forget to spring forward on your clocks Saturday night. ;) :) Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #15693 on: March 09, 2018, 08:46:52 am »
Can't wait Bear, when y'all coming in ?? Great day yesterday, cold and windy so I spent some time in the cabin Cleaning and straighten up a bit. Didn't know how may knives I had, still don't , but it is a bunch for sure. Also made some good scores, had a large Mink a buddy gifted me/ a large Green colored Boa that belonged to a friend we go to church with die, they use to raise them and aren't going to do it anymore so I told her as they die off I would love to have them,they have over 100, she came through yesterday, a beautiful 6 foot awesome green colored. Also on the way home found a beaver road kill and got a nice large tail. Bill just happened to have the right tools in his truck to cut it off for me, thanks Bill. :) Good day, now I have some skinning to do. Funny I didn't know we had any Mink or beaver around home, guess I was wrong. ???
 Pappy
Cool find on the beaver Pappy...On the way to the Wright city bow gathering I picked up a couple of wings off a road killed hen turkey.Gave them to the host.Seems the old road hunting habits never leave a person.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #15694 on: March 09, 2018, 09:34:20 am »
Pappy a mink is pretty easy to skin and tan although they do have scent glands on both sides of their anus that do give off the aroma of skunk, not nearly as long lasting though. Hope you can add him to your collection they are nice pelts.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #15695 on: March 11, 2018, 07:02:47 pm »
Pappy are you telling me that old guy in the pic is Bryan ?
How is it we are not so young anymore

we all have lots of differant critters that most folks don't know about the one that blows most folks mind is the flying squirrels,  the little buggers are every where but hardly nobody sees them
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15696 on: March 12, 2018, 07:13:12 am »
 Yep that is Bryan, hardly know him without his hat, :) and yes we are all getting a little long in the tooth, ;) Ya Guy we have a lot  of them fliers also, I see them mostly at night sitting on the rafters of the bow shop, just watching me work. ;) :) We had a great weekend, got the ranges all set and everything else about ready for our up coming event this coming weekend also managed to get a few more projects done. Worked on some tables rebuilding them and still working on getting the cabin cleaned. I will have some pictures up this evening of the fun. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15697 on: March 12, 2018, 04:35:20 pm »
Still cleaning the cabin, found over 20 more stone knives and I don't know how many steel ones. It's been a big job but fun, found stuff I haven't seen in years. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15698 on: March 12, 2018, 04:38:42 pm »
Got one of the picnic tables rebuilt and also the new bow arrow hanger finished in the registration, added 2 sets of arrows, one for UT Vols and the other for the TN. Titans. I think it Looks pretty good. :) Bill showed up for some napping, he and Will are supplying the heads for first place trophies at the Classic. ;) Thanks Guys. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15699 on: March 12, 2018, 04:43:54 pm »
Got the old target bails refaced and ready for some type of novelty at the Classic, also made a new rack to display my stone knives and a points and darts case to hang on the wall. :) Needed to get them off the shelf. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15700 on: March 12, 2018, 04:48:25 pm »
Got my book shelf and knife collection all straightened out and looking like something for a change, [can you tell I just love knives] also Little John gifted me a new/old File he found at a sale somewhere, I gifted him and old worn out one back to make a knife from. :)
 PAPPY
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15701 on: March 12, 2018, 04:50:52 pm »
After the Club working Little John went to work on a gun stock for his shot gun and a ax handle for a camp ax he found. I went to work on another file knife. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15702 on: March 12, 2018, 04:55:12 pm »
Got my blade all tempered and ready to clean up and put a handle on. Then I went on a deer shed hunt, didn't find any sheds [ needed Clint's eyes] ;) but did find some supplies, the girls just kicking back after a long day and long run. Great weekend, got a lot done and had a great time doing it. hope yall had a good one also. ;) Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #15703 on: March 12, 2018, 04:55:20 pm »
I've got that same rasp Pappy.  It's great for handle work.  Ill teach you the secrets to shed hunting at the classic  ;D
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Zuma

« Reply #15704 on: March 12, 2018, 10:06:19 pm »
OMG Pappy you need a standing ovation.  )P( )P(Not just for your ability to DO
but your graciousness to one and all. :( :) :) There is no wonder they call the
event The Tenn Classic. (AT) (SH) My hat is off to you Pappy. May I have the opportunity
to attend. A bucket list for me.
Zuma
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 12:07:36 pm by Zuma »
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.