Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4650576 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #15870 on: May 27, 2018, 04:59:58 pm »
Got my file knife re tempered and sharpened. Turned out pretty cool. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15871 on: May 27, 2018, 05:03:56 pm »
Dave's left hander ready for finish work.always a challenge for me to build a left handed bow for some reason, just got no feel for it. ??? and yet another Osage roughed out. I have been it the roughing out mood for a while, guess I need to finish some one one day. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15872 on: May 27, 2018, 05:13:36 pm »
I am doing something I haven't done in a long while, having a very special custom bow built for a very special person in my life, here are the supplies, Osage/Black walnut/Wild Cherry/splatted ash and Deer horn all from the farm, I am delivering  the supplies next week and hope to have the bow ready my Early August, we will see how that goes, I am calling in a big favor from a good friend to get this done so quickly. ;) 60 inch re curve 50@28 , should be cool. Hope y'all have a great Memorial day, Beau and I are making brats tomorrow so that should be fun, it will be Margrate Ann's first time being involved and I am sure she will have to get her hands into it. ;)  Life is Good :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 05:22:11 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Parnell

« Reply #15873 on: May 29, 2018, 06:26:32 am »
Who took the thunderchert title this year, Pappy?
1’—>1’

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #15874 on: May 29, 2018, 12:59:45 pm »
Steve, I think it was Scott.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #15875 on: May 29, 2018, 08:13:36 pm »
That file knife looks like it will be a good one. And it looks like Alberto is giving you guys a good soaking.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15876 on: May 30, 2018, 06:09:38 am »
 I think you are correct Pat. Ya it is doing pretty good Eddie, the worst seems to be going a little west of us that goodness. We have had enough rain for a while. Like I told Miss Joanie, we can live with to much water but can live without it so guess we shouldn't complain.  ;) :) Headed to Co op this morning to pick up some salt block for my licks and then this evening we are starting on weekly league shoot at the club [inspired by Elm Hall] it will run 8 weeks with a cumulative score for the club champion. 6-8pm Wed. evening. Should be fun and give us some time for fun and fellowship with no work.  ;)
 Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #15877 on: May 30, 2018, 06:16:17 am »
We've had over 20" of rain this month and over 8 1/2" in one day last week.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15878 on: May 31, 2018, 06:32:46 am »
Ya we got another pretty good one last evening just before the club shoot but it stopped in time and we got it in, lots of fun, we has 12 show up for the first shoot so that is a good start. Friday for me, I am headed to the cabin today and then to the Howard Hill shoot in AL. in the morning about 4am. Just going down for the day and hope to be back by 6pm tomorrow evening. I think 3 more are going with me so should be fun. Hope yall have a great weekend. ;) Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #15879 on: May 31, 2018, 02:35:42 pm »
Safe travels, Pappy.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15880 on: June 04, 2018, 06:15:51 am »
Had a great week and weekend, made the Howard Hill shoot in AL. Friday and then went to the Buck Hollow 2 day Traditional on Saturday. Both had good courses and had a great time with friends. Beau and I got 250 brats made and I also got all my 11 salt licks out. Saturday evening it was only me and my girls at the farm so so had a peaceful evening, got some bow work done and some Mullberry gathering with a very good supper to top it off. ;) I will have a few pictures up in a day or so. Hope y'all had a good one also. Life is Good. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15881 on: June 05, 2018, 05:15:58 am »
A few pictures of the week. Getting set up for brat making. 60lbs of ground venison and fixings.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15882 on: June 05, 2018, 05:18:31 am »
Then out freshen up my salt licks, they really need it this time of year.  ;) I keep 10 up on the farm and 1 at home for Miss Joanie. ;) :) She loves watching them come and scratch around in it. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15883 on: June 05, 2018, 05:21:55 am »
My girls love my retirement, they get to run every day now. The supplies I am taking to Big Jim for the bow he is building for me. ;) :) Osage/cherry/ walnut/Dog Wood and splatted ash from the farm, should make a beautiful bow. :) Also some rough sawed Popular for his use. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15884 on: June 05, 2018, 05:26:32 am »
Got a new Osage floor tiller ed and on the form, then me and the girls went to a peaceful part of the creek to cool down. While I was there I seen my Mulberry's were ready to pick so I got a basket and picked some that were ripe. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good