Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4649058 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #15885 on: June 05, 2018, 05:28:11 am »
Mullberry's gathered and Osage off the form and looking good so far.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15886 on: June 05, 2018, 05:31:41 am »
Then came back and fried up some Pheasant breast Rocky gifted me and mushroom gravy, man it was tasty. Nice peaceful Saturday evening. I love a crowd but just being alone with me and the girls sometimes is good for the soul. Life is Good. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DC

« Reply #15887 on: June 05, 2018, 11:07:37 am »
Do you always put the salt in a pool like that?

Offline chamookman

« Reply #15888 on: June 06, 2018, 04:37:05 am »
As always, thanks for posting Pappy ! Glad to see the Girls are well -  :OK Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15889 on: June 06, 2018, 05:58:23 am »
No DC, just where it has been there for years and they have licked and pawed it turned the holes into a little pond. It just soaks in the ground and then they paw and lick the dirt and rocks in the hole. The block itself don't last long, but no matter it is in the ground. I am really sore this morning, I have been out the last couple of day finely pulling my lock on stands and checking/loosing my ladders stands. I have 4 ladders up and had 14 lock on's to pull. I seem to always put it off till almost time to put them up again. ;) :) It is going to be early this year for some of them, Tennessee had added a buck only hunt it Late August, a Velvet hunt they call it. ;) We will see how that goes. :-\ Also got the word Monday that Beau and I have been drawn for Elk/Mule deer this year in Colorado for area 24/23/30 NE of Meeker so we will head west the first couple of weeks of September. This trip has been 29 years in the works for us and finely is going to happen if all goes well. The last time I went Beau was 4 years old and I told him when I got back I wouldn't go back without him, life happens and it has taken this long to get us both together to make the trip. I guess being sore is a good thing cause I need to get in shape. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GlisGlis

« Reply #15890 on: June 06, 2018, 07:58:30 am »
Pappy those mulberry's dont look too ripe. for raw eating I wait until pitch black. what do you use them for?
Are you making jelly? 

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15891 on: June 07, 2018, 06:29:10 am »
Nope just eat the raw, yes some were a little green but if I wait until they are completely ripe the birds get them all, they ripen a bit after they are picked. Had a great time at on weekly club shoot last evening, My shooting sucked but still a good time with friends, had about 12 again to show up, had some dogs and chips and then shot till dark.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #15892 on: June 07, 2018, 07:10:56 am »
Good shoot last evening. Got the #1 Elm shooting they way I am use to. Fun time with good folks. Will pull out the meat today to grind tomorrow for Brats on Sat Morning.
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15893 on: June 08, 2018, 06:17:56 am »
Friday and headed out in a little bit, very hot around here so most of my work and fun will be in the shop under the fan I imagine this weekend. I am working on laying out another Osage, that will make 4 blanks, guess maybe I need to start finishing up a few and may try to tiller at least 1 this weekend. We are planning on some weed/grass spraying around the club today and then I am helping GregB and Shawn tomorrow stuff some brats, that is always fun. :)Hope yall have a good one also.  Life Is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15894 on: June 11, 2018, 06:27:54 am »
What a great weekend, hot with some rain but still had a great time. Got a lot done in the shop and also helped make 600+ brats with Greg/Shawn and Don. Took most of the day Saturday but well worth the effort  ;) I will have a few pictures up as soon as I get time to down load them. Life is Good. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15895 on: June 11, 2018, 01:56:35 pm »
All my stands finely out and ready to look over and get ready to put back up. I had 14 lock on's  and 4 ladders up. My girls had a long day and were beat from following me around the farm. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15896 on: June 11, 2018, 02:00:07 pm »
Got another Osage to the ring and ready to floor tiller , also put a new handle on one of my horse shoe rasp. Elk horn. :) Then we took some time out to shoot Chuck's new Osage bow, shoots very nice. :) Smooth and fast. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15897 on: June 11, 2018, 02:01:45 pm »
Chuck work on a small diameter Osage and Don working on a walking stick. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15898 on: June 11, 2018, 02:03:45 pm »
My Osage floor tillered and Chuck's to a ring, then brats for supper and starting on the ones we made Saturday.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15899 on: June 11, 2018, 02:05:39 pm »
We stayed at it from about 7am till close to 4 pm, long day but lots of brats. :) We had about 150 lbs of meat to work up. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good