Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4649199 times)

Offline Danzn Bar

Re: Life is good
« Reply #15975 on: July 23, 2018, 05:25:32 pm »
Pappy you missed at good time at MoJam…..That one has been on my list for a while.  Now I don't want to miss another. :)
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #15976 on: July 23, 2018, 06:51:24 pm »
Ya it is on my list also, hopefully next year. Here are a few pictures of the weekend. First of the week I gave Beau his new bow, all the wood/antler came from the farm along with the walking stick from the same Osage. I think he likes it. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15977 on: July 23, 2018, 06:52:31 pm »
I know it's not a selfbow but still pretty cool.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15978 on: July 23, 2018, 06:54:59 pm »
Even Miss Joanie liked it and of course I had to make her a walking stick. I made her's from the same tree also. ;)My girls just taking it all in as usual.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15979 on: July 23, 2018, 06:57:20 pm »
Antler handle and Moose horn tip. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15980 on: July 23, 2018, 07:00:43 pm »
I also started another one for a gift to ElmHall raffle table. Found this Knife set put away for 20 years, thought it might come in handy in a couple of months. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15981 on: July 23, 2018, 07:02:59 pm »
ElmHall stick finished . Chuck and Garrett showed up for some bow work. Chuck cutting out a Walnut bow and me helping Garrett flip some tips on his Osage. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15982 on: July 23, 2018, 07:06:22 pm »
Chuck working on an ax head and we need to cut a tree that was in the way for our new shed, it was a Black Cherry, not sure what kind of bow wood it makes but we still cut and split 4 really clean straight staves, waste not want not, if if worn't make a bow we can always burn it. Great weekend, looking forward to the next. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #15983 on: July 24, 2018, 03:20:36 am »
Really like Beaus Bow- Pretty cool  :OK ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline HH~

« Reply #15984 on: July 24, 2018, 07:52:41 am »
Lots of fellas asking about when IBO Worlds is coming back to TO this past weekend. Those Mts in WV are nice and Pipestem state park is as well. There were not as many selfbow guys shooting this year and the IBO A course and the Hunter Challenge were a little long in spots for selfbow shooting. Actually, I think the overall number was way down. Be lucky to hit 325 prolly. The Sat nite shoot downs had maybe 65-75 people watching is all.

Jeff saw a Yeti up there.

MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline GlennM

« Reply #15985 on: July 26, 2018, 07:03:28 am »
 We are headed to Denton Hill ETAR this morning with Davey and Barb. Always an adventure. The mountains are beautiful and the weather is unpredictable. They got lots of rain this week. I heard Big Jim got his trailer stuck. It's always a fun time regardless. Good friends, good shooting, good beer and good food. You can't beat it.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15986 on: July 27, 2018, 06:02:32 am »
Yall have fun Glenn as I know you will, tell Davy and Barb I said ha. I am headed to ElmHall MI. Sunday evening for a week up North. Really looking forward to it as usual!!!!  Hope to see a lot of good friends and meet some new ones, also shoot my arm off, Lord knows I need the practice. ;) :) As for today I am headed to the cabin and cut up the cherry tree we dropped last week and finish some projects I have going in the shop. The weather is nice so should be fun. Hope yall have a good one also. See ya in a little over a week. ;) :) Life is Good.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #15987 on: July 27, 2018, 02:58:05 pm »
That's a beautiful bow you got for Beau. Who made it? And that cherry will make a bow but I never got a selfbow to hold up over 40#. Tell Rocky and the guys I said Hi and have fn.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Parnell

« Reply #15988 on: July 29, 2018, 08:45:56 am »
That bow and whole deal you put together for Beau is really something special, Pappy.  I'm really excited for you guys.  Hoping it's a VERY special trip. :)
1’—>1’

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15989 on: July 30, 2018, 01:13:41 am »
Thanks Eddie/ Steve, I think he likes it and is shooting it very well. I am excited about the trip also. Not sure about what we might kill but know it will be fun all the same. I am at Elm hall right now, just rolled in at about mid night, got a good fire going so life is good, pictures in about a week. Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good