Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4649174 times)

Gsulfridge and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #16035 on: August 24, 2018, 05:50:20 am »
Friday and instead of heading to the cabin I am heading to a funeral for my oldest Aunt, 97 years young and passed this week. It is also Miss Joanie and my 45 wedding anniversary so we plan a little trip somewhere tomorrow. We were leaving today but life happens. Seems when it rains it pours, Got sad news yesterday that Woody [lots of you know him] lost his youngest Daughter , I can't even imagine how that would feel , keep him and His family in your thoughts and prayers. :(  Not sure what the weekend will hold but looks like very little time at the cabin. That is OK, a man has to keep him priority's in line that is for sure. Hope yall have a good one also. Life is tough sometimes but always good.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #16036 on: August 24, 2018, 06:40:52 am »
Please give Woodie our condolences. I can't imagine.
Congrats to you and Miss Joanie. 45 years is quite an accomplishment. And sorry for your loss too Pappy. If we could all live to 97.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16037 on: August 25, 2018, 05:27:41 am »
 Thanks Pat. I will do that.Headed to Hazel KY. and a few other places this morning to see what we can find, I usually find some pretty neat stuff in Hazel. The picture was yesterday morning, don't clean up like that much. ::) She does but I don't. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #16038 on: August 25, 2018, 05:56:43 am »
You better watch out Pappy.  Looks like some fancy guy has his arm around Miss Joanie  ;D
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline HH~

« Reply #16039 on: August 25, 2018, 07:09:11 am »
Sounds like a neat weekend. Want to hear the story of you out haggled em for some old steel.

Jeez, those overalls look just like a suit?

SaM~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16040 on: August 26, 2018, 05:48:13 am »
Ya we had a great time yesterday, I will have some pictures of my haul, got a bunch of things that others thought was Junk ??? Caught one guy as he was packing up , prefect!!!  because he didn't want to haul his stuff back, So I hauled it back for him. ;) Hammers/ax heads/traps/scales/black smith tools and more. Probably only spent 30 bucks or so. i love it when it works out like that. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #16041 on: August 26, 2018, 06:08:28 am »
GREAT, I wanna hear the" followed me home" stories. See the haul as well.
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #16042 on: August 26, 2018, 08:41:06 am »
Lets see that stash of rusty treasures Pappy
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #16043 on: August 26, 2018, 08:52:51 am »
You dress up real nice Pap! As to traps - you got any #1s you might be willing to trade away? I keep looking around here but most are in ANTIQUE shops and those folks want a lot of money for their junk. I have to keep using different traps to keep the ground squirrels outta my garden.....

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16044 on: August 27, 2018, 05:35:31 am »
Headed to the farm this morning for some bush hogging and still getting stuff together, I will post some pictures of my haul as soon as I take some. Ben not sure I know what a #1 is but will post some pictures and you can tell me. i got these for 2 bucks each and look to be in working order. Most I fine they want 10 or 12 sometimes more. Had a great weekend with Miss Joanie, 2 funerals  :(that wasn't so much fun but good time in between. Woody isn't doing very good as would be expected so please keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers, he is going to need some time that is for sure. Life sometimes takes some bad turns, but still I say Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16045 on: August 28, 2018, 04:52:17 am »
Very few pictures of the weekend, Miss Joanie kept me busy. Did get a few of the tent I plan on taking if we leave Spike camp and stay a nigh or 2 up high on the flat tops. Last time I was there the elk were high at timber line and no way to get there by day light so we plan on going up in the evening and being there for the morning. Also my haul from the weekend shopping. Sally just watching me sort my stuff.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16046 on: August 28, 2018, 04:54:29 am »
Very cool hand grinder that needs a little love and traps that also can use some attention.  ;) :) That's it , now back to bush hogging.  :)
Life is good.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #16047 on: August 28, 2018, 09:58:40 am »
My thoughts and prayers are with Woody and his family, very sad. And sorry for the loss of your Aunt, Pappy.

Congratulations to you and Miss Joanie and y'all have a good time.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Mo0se

« Reply #16048 on: August 28, 2018, 10:01:32 pm »
Shawn showed up with a friend that wants to build a bow so I gifted him a winged elm and he went right to work with some guidance from Shawn and myself. We got it roughed in and  floor tillered in a few hours and man was he proud, got to love that. Bill cut a couple of logs out of the road on the way to the stable and also brought back a cedar tree pulled up by the root, I saved it and decided to make another walking stick. I am getting older and can't have to many walking sticks. ;) :) :)
 Pappy

Shawn is good people! You too Pappy! Still shootin that Osage aero dispenser Shawn and you made! It’s awesome! Can’t wait to see you all again next year!

Jeff

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16049 on: August 30, 2018, 05:16:50 am »
Ya he is a great guy and very good shot, glad you are enjoying the bow. Headed to the farm for some more bush hogging, got about 12 hours in it so far this week and probably like 4 or 5 more to finish all I want to do this year. Also having a pond dug, He has been there 4 days and I hope he will get it finished  today, It is turning out pretty nice with some nice shaded areas around it, I am going to call it Margaret Ann's park. ;) I plan on a dock and small picnic area in one of the shaded areas, A kid has to have a place to fish. ;) :) Should be about a acre if it fills and holds, got my fingers crossed, had some bad luck with ponds in the past. ???
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good