Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4633299 times)

Offline HH~

Re: Life is good
« Reply #16050 on: August 30, 2018, 11:33:38 am »
Great Pappy
Need to take walk over and look at that new hatchery! We get some cats and stock it if you can keep otters out of it.

Post that hedge apple shootin stick Mo0se with the quiver on it. I shot an outrageous 2018 Classic with that Stik. If I shot like that in WV with you it woulda been a dun deal up there.
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #16051 on: August 31, 2018, 04:49:21 am »
Friday and headed to the cabin in a little bit, got most of the bush hogging done yesterday so I plan on finishing gathering my stuff up for Our trip , We leave this coming Wed. so I need to get everything together. Also some shooting before I pack up my bows and arrows. Other tan that just a laid back weekend I hope. The pond should be finished today and will need the banks sewed , can't do that until I return  :( Also had a big Anvil gifted to me by a first cousin , it belonged to my Great Grand Pap Poole, He got it from my Uncle Ed's shop when he passed, he was my moms next to oldest brother and WW2 veteran, not sure on the weight but I know I will need help to load it. He said he had no use for it and wanted to keep it in the family , and he couldn't think of a better place for it to be than in my shop, Made me feel good knowing that he knew I would always keep it and cherish it, and also use it :) Hope y'all have a good one also. :) :)
Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #16052 on: August 31, 2018, 06:16:00 am »
Good luck to you and Beau, Pappy. And y'all be safe.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16053 on: September 03, 2018, 05:25:55 am »
Thanks Eddie, we will have a good time I am sure. We are headed out Wed. morning early so I will check in from time to time but no service they say where we are headed, so talk to yall in a couple of weeks. Few pictures of the weekend. I did take a little time to work on another walking stick and put a cow horn tip on Don's he is headed west also in a few weeks. Good fire and good friends made for a great weekend , the last I will have at the cabin for awhile. Rechecked my packs, 1 for spike camp, 1 day pack and also a 3rd for overnight above timber line. I think they are all set and ready when the time comes. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16054 on: September 03, 2018, 05:28:57 am »
Trailer all washed and packed all except for the coolers. Don with his new stick fitted with a cow horn tip. He has been working hard as I have to be ready for the mountains.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16055 on: September 03, 2018, 05:33:37 am »
Will showed up to hang out , he has gotten into Abo napping and needed some leg bone for notching, I just happened to have some. ;) People wonder why I save all that kind of stuff, ??? Well if I done use it someone will. Hope yall have a great week. Will miss ya and see ya in a few weeks. Westward bound !!!!! Life is Good. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #16056 on: September 03, 2018, 06:39:52 am »
Safe travels and a successful hunt to you and Beau, Pappy. We'll be waiting for the stories and pics.   (=)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline amateurhour

• Administrator
« Reply #16057 on: September 03, 2018, 06:47:56 am »
Safe trip Pappy!

I'll keep the fire going next weekend during the Whitetail classic. I might just bring my tent and set up camp for the night since I'm the mountain man.

Come back with some Elk steaks!

Offline HH~

« Reply #16058 on: September 03, 2018, 11:26:50 am »
Looking forward to hearing and seeing the fire stories upon you feller's safe return.

I will have a few story and pics from the jungle of the Pacific. Will see if I can get into my old 100 ft Yellow Bamboo thicket and cut some and Waiwi to have my son slide in a crate coming to Mainland? Worth a try. Think he can box a bunch of Boo in a 6ft box, cut and fire it back here at farm.

You fella's watch yern topknots in God's country. You knows them's mountains is the backbone of the world!

Luck
Yer Friend
Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #16059 on: September 03, 2018, 07:26:52 pm »
Cant wait to hear the stories.  Be safe.  Have fun.  Make some meat and some memories.
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline chamookman

« Reply #16060 on: September 04, 2018, 02:36:48 am »
Have a safe Hunt Ya'll - May God speed  :OK ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #16061 on: September 04, 2018, 08:53:58 am »
Have a safe and enjoyable trip Pappy. Will miss you to.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16062 on: September 05, 2018, 04:40:58 am »
Thanks guys, headed out in about an hour, dread the 26 hour drive but looking forward to the mountains /cooler weather and of course spending a couple of week hunting, fishing and hanging out with Beau. I just need 1 more PA fix before I pulled out. ;) :) :)I Will miss yall also ,No phone service where we are camping so see ya in a couple of weeks. :) Life is Good.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #16063 on: September 05, 2018, 07:41:23 am »
Bon voyage!   :OK  -C-  (R  (-S  (W  (S)  (SH) and maybe  )F(
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16064 on: September 05, 2018, 01:38:37 pm »
Thanks in Kansas City and moving right along. Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good