Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4632868 times)

Offline osage outlaw

Re: Life is good
« Reply #16125 on: September 25, 2018, 08:53:00 pm »
That sure was some beautiful terrain you guys covered.  Thanks for the pictures.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline chamookman

« Reply #16126 on: September 26, 2018, 02:21:14 am »
Thanks for sharing  (=) :OK ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #16127 on: September 27, 2018, 03:41:44 am »
You are welcome. Had a good day with Margaret Ann yesterday, we get her every Wednesday !!!Then back to the farm and finished getting Beau's Mule deer all wrapped and put away, only got 2 more white tail to take care of now, I haven't killed anything yet but it always amazes me that others don't seem to want them and ask if I do. Of course I do I always say. Steak and burger, yum yum. Headed to the woods, see yall in the morning with stories I hope. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #16128 on: September 27, 2018, 05:33:55 am »
Your making me hungry now Pappy.
Happy Hunting
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #16129 on: September 27, 2018, 05:48:07 am »
I hope you get one of your own in the freezer soon Pappy.  Our season opens Monday.  I'm scrambling to get stuff ready. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #16130 on: September 27, 2018, 06:56:40 am »
You bet I know what you mean Pappy and I'd look forward to the future for those hunks on meat too.Did you notice much more meat on that muley?I brain tanned a muley hide once long ago at it was definitely larger.Seeing them in Colorado in the past I cold see they were bigger animals too.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 07:11:26 am by BowEd »
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline GlennM

« Reply #16131 on: September 27, 2018, 08:08:05 am »
Our season in NY doesn't open until October 1st as well.  But, a nice woman in a Ford Escape and an accommodating police officer helped me put one in the cooler before the season started.  Only damage was to the front leg.  Lots of good meat left to make Italian sausage with onions and peppers after work today.  We typically get our venison from field, or in this case road, to freezer as quickly as possible.

Davey and Barb have been doing well.  He's been tinkering with alot of reloading lately.  Chuckie found a lucky horseshoe.  Last week he won a shotgun on Saturday and $1000 in another raffle on Sunday.  I could use some of that luck.

Good luck hunting this weekend,

Glenn

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16132 on: September 28, 2018, 06:07:58 am »
God to hear from you Glenn and tell all my Yankee buddies I said ha. Good luck on the hunt and hope to see yall in December. Ed It was about like a good size buck it Tennessee, maybe 180 to 200 on the hoof and 150 or so field dressed. Not much different than a white tail, about 40 or 50 lbs of good clean meat once all bones and junk/sinew /fat  cleaned up.  It's Friday and headed to the cabin, I plan on doing some scouting and see where the white oaks/*persimmons are dropping and put up a few more stands. I got behind because of the trip and ant as ready as I usually am, but it was well worth it.  ;) :) I also need to put some structure in my newly built pond I had planned on doing that before it got water in it but the Good Lord had other ideas and sent rain the last 5 days, The Rye and wheat are up and looking good on the banks but it will be muddy putting in the structure in the bottom where I want it, we will see how that goes, may have to wait and use a small boat to get it in. :-\ Already got  4 or 5 feet of water in it but the sun is supposed to shine the next few days and a little cooler so maybe I can get it done without to much of a mess. Hope yall have a good one also.
 Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #16133 on: September 29, 2018, 09:23:47 am »
It could be your friend shot a yearling muley too.At any point still a good hunt.Congrats.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16134 on: October 01, 2018, 06:08:17 am »
Great weekend, rain finely stopped but turning warmer again so I have decided to lay off hunting this week and work around the farm [my pond] and the house, supposed to be in the high 80's all week so a good time to get everything ready for winter, if it ever comes ??? :-\ Here are a few pictures of the pond in the works. Got 4 or 5 feet of water and the wheat and Ry are looking good. I plane on sewing some different grass  in the spill way today that will make good roots and hold in the spring and hot weather. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16135 on: October 01, 2018, 06:10:21 am »
Also plan on putting in some structure, I made one of these out of Osage and cedar, may make another one today. Hope I can get close to where I want it, may still be to muddy, we will see. :) Good to see Woody back at it, he made a Osage Mallet for Brandon with and old Oak handle that came from one of my barns. :) Very nice and handy. I use mine all the time.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16136 on: October 01, 2018, 06:13:35 am »
Walking sticks in the works , then me and the girls enjoying a Saturday night around the fire. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16137 on: October 01, 2018, 06:17:31 am »
I went out Saturday and gathered up a couple of ERC stumps and root balls for the pond also. If it holds, I plan on starting the stocking process in the spring, already have 5 or 6 wood ducks that seem to be calling it home. Hope y'all had a good one. Life is Good. :) By the way I have officially been retired 1 year yesterday, where does time go. ???
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #16138 on: October 01, 2018, 08:02:15 am »
The pond looks great, Pappy. I like that you are adding structure. That will make a difference with the survival of the smaller fish.
Boy, a year already. Where does the time go.  (A)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #16139 on: October 01, 2018, 09:34:50 am »
The pond looks real good, Pappy. I'm trying to picture in my mind exactly where it's at but guess I'll see it soon enough. That wheat looks good, too.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?