Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4649154 times)

Offline Otis

Re: Life is good
« Reply #16140 on: October 01, 2018, 10:02:00 am »
Eddie, it's where it's always been.  West side of the road by the tobacco barn.  Right where you didn't shoot that jake the first time you hunted there. :-M.  I'll show you in about a month. Looking forward to getting down there next month.

David 

Offline chamookman

« Reply #16141 on: October 02, 2018, 01:37:36 am »
Pond is lookin' good. Girls look healthy too  (=) ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #16142 on: October 02, 2018, 03:38:47 am »
Right below the Dark fire Tobacco barn Eddie, I got the structure I built and 2 ERC stumps put in place yesterday and the spill way sewed down. It already has 5 feet of water, hope it will fill over the winter. Got 2 deer to process this morning , I will get them all cut up and Miss Joanie will wrap them this evening, but up early so may go to the woods for a while this morning before it gets to hot. It is supposed to be in the mid 80's today and high 80's by the end of the week , so early morning hunting is all I can take. ??? Guess it will cool down someday, at least as My old uncle use to say "It always has before " ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #16143 on: October 02, 2018, 08:11:35 am »
Your uncle was a wise man Pappy.We'd have no problem filling new ponds here either lately.The nice cool weather is here but the rain is continuous at the moment.Congrats on the 2 deer.Shot with your latest bows made I presume that you took out west?Knew you'd get in there.
They should put up a 2018 hunting pics thread!!!!Some pics of your kills would be nice then.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 08:23:34 am by BowEd »
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #16144 on: October 02, 2018, 11:40:37 am »
Oh, I thought you were digging a new one somewhere else. It does look nice and I looking forward to leaving this 90 degree weather.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16145 on: October 03, 2018, 05:39:17 am »
No Ed, none for me yet, these were 2 that friends didn't want. I always get a few given to me every year, can't figure it out but happy to take them off their hands. ;) I got it all cut up and Miss Joanie got it wrapped and put it away yesterday evening. Eddie if the weather don't change it is hot here also. Not sure it is as hot as where you are but hot for us, I think about 10 or 12 degrees above normal and not supposed to change until maybe next week. ??? I have better luck hunting most times in the evening but until this weather cools a bit I am only hunting the mornings, may get back after them Friday morning, got Honey Do's around the house that I plan on doing today and tomorrow, also today is Margaret Ann Wednesday !!!!!  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Parnell

« Reply #16146 on: October 04, 2018, 06:47:35 am »
Enjoyed the pictures and story of the trip very much, Pappy.  Thanks for sharing. 
1’—>1’

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16147 on: October 05, 2018, 03:44:27 am »
Thanks Steve, glad you enjoyed. :) Friday and headed to the cabin, it is going to be very hot here this weekend but headed to the woods for at least a couple of hours this morning, not to bad until the sun gets up, at least it isn't supposed to rain. ;) :) Probably won't hunt much except the mornings, so maybe some shop time where I have some fans. Hope yall have a great weekend. Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16148 on: October 08, 2018, 05:35:43 am »
Had a good weekend, to hot for me to hunt except for the mornings, even then I got ringing wet walking to the stand so spent some time in the shop. Into to walking sticks at the moment and got a few roughed out and a couple finished up. Got some pictures I will post later. Still hot so plan on working on the pond some more today. Supposed to rain mid week and then in the low 70"s for highs and high 40's to low 50's for lows I can deal with that. Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #16149 on: October 08, 2018, 07:16:23 am »
We've been dealing with the heat also Pappy.  I've only hunted one evening so far and I was wearing shorts and a tank top in the stand. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16150 on: October 09, 2018, 04:46:31 am »
I hear ya Clint, it is supposed to cool off tomorrow evening and back close to normal, hope so, can't wait. A few pictures on some projects. This is the center skull from a deer I used for an end cap on one of my sticks. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16151 on: October 09, 2018, 04:48:01 am »
Stick finished, Bill and Linda always at something , hot or cold.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16152 on: October 09, 2018, 04:50:50 am »
Bill and Shawn going through the bug covered Osage out of my barn, most of it fire wood but did get a few billets.  ;) Still quite a lot more to go through, I appreciate them helping me clean out the barn. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16153 on: October 09, 2018, 04:53:18 am »
Sister hunting something to chew on ??? and another stick in the works. :) This one has an antler burr for the top cap. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16154 on: October 09, 2018, 04:57:27 am »
Some of that bug eaten wood I saved for walking sticks and a few I have finished. :) i need to get off the walking sticks and work on the 7 or 8 bows I have almost finished but it has just been to hot and humid in the shop to work on bows, hopefully that is about to change. :-\ Hope yall have a great week. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good