Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4633564 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #16245 on: November 19, 2018, 05:58:19 pm »
Muzzle loader coming along nicely. Case showed up for some spoon work, this one is walnut. He also gifted me with an old vice, needs a little work but I am up for that. ;) Chuck came to visit and do so more knife work and get our fire in shape. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16246 on: November 19, 2018, 05:59:44 pm »
Chuck got us a nice fire going for Saturday night, great time with friends. Hope yall had a good one also. ;) :) Life is Good.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16247 on: November 25, 2018, 05:18:46 pm »
Great Thanksgiving weekend, I have a lot to be thankful for that is for sure. Didn't do much hunting but got a lot done around the farm and a few things done in the shop. Kevin spent most of the weekend with me and kept me very busy clean gutters/blowing and burning and getting stuff squared away for winter in Tennessee. Here are a few pictures of the fun. A few deer hanging as normal around there and horns, even small ones are very handy. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16248 on: November 25, 2018, 05:22:39 pm »
2 more old vices in for refurbishing , all my latest handles sealed wit Lin seed oil. Sister love the stuff, I have to keep her away from what drips off, guess it won't hurt her :-\  because she has licked enough of it up over the years but still try and keep her away the best I can. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16249 on: November 25, 2018, 05:25:32 pm »
New soft jaws for one of the vices, also got the tip on my latest walking stick wrapper. Then a good fire for Saturday night. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16250 on: November 25, 2018, 05:27:42 pm »
Then steak and baked tatters for supper to top off the weekend. Hope yall had a good one also and have lots to be thankful for. Life is Good. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #16251 on: November 26, 2018, 02:04:51 am »
Thanks Pappy  :OK ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16252 on: November 27, 2018, 03:28:48 am »
You are welcome Bob, stay warm up North. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #16253 on: November 27, 2018, 05:00:49 am »
I'm glad to see that linseed oil getting used Pappy. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #16254 on: November 27, 2018, 11:28:11 am »
Had a great Thanksgiving to Pappy. Might have been a though year but still lots to be Thankful for.

Are those soft pads nylon? Are they kinda slippery? I'm sure they'd work great if they can get a grip good. They probably would compress and fit odd shapes good to.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #16255 on: November 28, 2018, 05:21:44 pm »
Pappy, hope you're well, I was sitting here thinking of Sadie, specifically her girls Sally and Zoey, it's been 6 years since we were there and picked Zoey up during the Classic, we've talked each year of coming back down to see you all and bringing her with, but I haven't been up to par. Can you tell me what Sally weighs? Just wondering how they compare. I included a picture of her, greatest dog I've ever had.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16256 on: November 29, 2018, 03:23:09 am »
Wished you could make it back and hope you get better with what ever is going on with you, we need some more fried Cabbage ;) :) and glad to see the pup doing well. Sally is about 80 lbs right now and doing well, one of the sweetest dogs I have owned, always under my feet and looking for a rub. Headed to the woods this morning before the rain comes in, went yesterday and it was the coldest day we have had so far, about 18 when I left the cabin and wind out of the North 8/10 Burrrrrrrrrrr, nothing moving but a few birds, seen 3 doe 4 toms and a coyote the day before, maybe they will move this morning, we will see. :-\ Up early and nothing else special to do so I just well be in the woods, can't get much better that that. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16257 on: November 30, 2018, 05:54:58 am »
By the way Mark, Sadie passed a few years back, very sad day for me. Well it's Friday and headed to the cabin, looks like rain here the next couple of days so plan on some shop work, also need to cut and process a deer, story later  ;) :) Life is Good.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16258 on: December 03, 2018, 05:09:02 am »
Great weekend, lots of rain so got to spend a lot of time in the shop, pictures of the fun a little later once I get them sized. Very warm here for December but the weather is turning colder again this week so some hunting will be in order. Do have a nice picture of BigA's grand daughter's buck taken Friday evening, her first deer and a mighty fine buck for sure. :) Life is Good.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16259 on: December 03, 2018, 02:33:18 pm »
Here are a few pictures of the fun weekend.My girls at play, Got a text the other day from a scout leader in Clarksville to see if I could build 4 arrows for some cub scouts that are moving up to boy scouts, although I have my own personal issues with the scouts, :-\ it's not the boys fault so I said I would be glad to, sour wood with Turkey feathers/self nocks and napped point supplied from Bill.[thanks Bill] They turned out nice and I think the boys will like them. :)I had forgot how much I enjoy making sour wood arrows, need to get on the ball and make myself some more. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good