Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4649030 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #16320 on: December 31, 2018, 01:25:20 pm »
Beau and Christina brought Margaret Ann down to visit our friends and Gary had brought he a Christmas gift [Minny and Micky] She loved it and I got to spend some time walking around checking things out with her, she especially love the creek. Another spoon out of Sumac [Beautiful wood ] and Gary had at some bow shaping.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16321 on: December 31, 2018, 01:27:42 pm »
That's it for this week, great time I think had by all. I know it was great for me to get to spend some time with old friends, don't get much better than that for me. Hope yall have a blessed New year, see ya next year. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BrianS

« Reply #16322 on: December 31, 2018, 04:27:47 pm »
Pappy,
I hope you start many fires to enjoy with it. Thanks again for all your posts through out the year.
Take care,
brian

Offline chamookman

« Reply #16323 on: January 01, 2019, 01:14:47 am »
Thanks as always Pappy - good to see the "Snow Bird" is doing well too  :OK ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline HH~

« Reply #16324 on: January 01, 2019, 05:26:06 am »
Great to Gary, Davey and Chuck again. Loved that Hickory Syrup and Gary cooks good breakfast.

The Spoonman going to come down in May and will be very surprised that his spoon wood pile is all used up. That Hedge spatula is fantastic! Petra would love that one.

Looks like it's time Jerky making season?

Thanks for trimming up all those billets for me!

Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16325 on: January 01, 2019, 06:56:03 am »
Thanks again Brian for the fire starter, I am sure it will get tried out soon. You are welcome Bob and yes Gary seems to be doing well, good to see him acting like a kid in Love. ;) Shawn I plan on trying out my new dehydrator in a few day. Got the meat clean and plan on putting it out to drain a bit maybe Thursday and make some jerky this weekend. Got a lot of things around the house to catch up on the next couple of days and also a DOT physical tomorrow so won't be down much,don't know why I keep my Class A CDL  license but thought I would just in case I may need them at some point again. :-\  I will be down to check on my girls but that's about in for a few days. Happy new year to all. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16326 on: January 03, 2019, 06:24:32 am »
Yep Shawn, got all the supplies yesterday while I was in town and laying out the meat this morning to drain. Hope to get some jerky going tomorrow. Never made jerky this way before but looking forward to learning something new. Also got a bunch of new mid's and targets in for the practice range so it will be in good shape for us and the Classic and new Rinehart targets and mid on the way for the main ranges. Hopefully they will be here this week or early next week. It will be spring and Classic time before you know it. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16327 on: January 04, 2019, 04:52:43 am »
Friday and headed to the cabin, not sure what else I will get into but plan on making some jerky, got the meat ready to slice up, so plan on that this morning and hopefully get in the dehydrator late this evening on in the morning early after marinating. I usually make steaks and roast out of my deer so I hope this turns out, sure hate to waste good venison but want to give it a try. :) Life is Good. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #16328 on: January 04, 2019, 05:14:04 am »
I love making and eating jerky Pappy. I guess you got to try some of mine at Elm Hall a few years ago. I know most people don't make it as dry as I do, but that's the way my kids and I like it best. Seemed like you thought it was edible to.lol. Only problem is, it gets ate up in a hurry. I doubt you'll waist any.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline HH~

« Reply #16329 on: January 04, 2019, 06:15:32 am »
OK
I will be down later. Get a Medium tin ready to soak that meat after we slice it up. Will need to sit til Sat but if you let it sit in Kitchen it may go a little faster.

Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #16330 on: January 06, 2019, 06:58:13 am »
Some bad news Pappy, perhaps you already know, Topsy Newcomb has died.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16331 on: January 06, 2019, 05:24:05 pm »
Yes I heard Eric, very sad news. I first shot with him about 40 years ago and have always enjoyed his company, a finer man you won't find. :(
Other than that news we had a great weekend, the weather was beautiful and folks came out of the wood work. I done 17lb of venison into Jerky and ended up with over 7 lbs finished. All went well , just took a while. Also helped with some bows/cut some walking stick blanks and made another mallet for my wood working so all in all a fine time for sure. Here are a few pictures of the fun. Bill finely got the 3 kids bows tillered and ready to finish and I spent Friday morning get the venison ready to make jerky. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16332 on: January 06, 2019, 05:26:37 pm »
Meat ready, just need to set overnight, also of course had to whip up something for supper, beans and ham and also back strap wrapped in beacon to grill. Man they were good. ;) and my girls, they are such sweet dogs. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16333 on: January 06, 2019, 05:29:00 pm »
Starting of my mallet and another walking stick in the works. Case and Bill just doing their thing in the shop. Case working on a spoon and Bill doing a final check of the tiller of one of the kids bows. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16334 on: January 06, 2019, 05:32:01 pm »
More future walking sticks I collected. Bill and Linda still at it. :) Several of the guys showed up for some arrow flinging. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good