Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4651088 times)

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
Re: Life is good
« Reply #1635 on: May 28, 2008, 09:53:38 am »
Looks like a great time in NY. Now I recognize several faces in them pictures ;D. Chuck's bow turned out nice - man them puppies sure have grown :)..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Ranger B

« Reply #1636 on: May 28, 2008, 10:24:14 am »
Great pics Pappy.  It's great that you got to take this trip with him just before tying the knot.  I foresee a trip in the future with grandkids ;)   They'll tell tall tales of GRANDPappy, the great Bowyer from the sticks of Tennessee and all the other kids will envy them and their sacred experiences with the gray bearded primitive hunter.
Ranger B

Offline The Singing Bowyer

« Reply #1637 on: May 28, 2008, 10:48:18 am »
Those old buckskins seem pretty natural on Ryano. I'd like to see them in a few hunting photos...

Good to see so many familiar faces at the shoot.
Chad K. Slagle
"The Singing Bowyer"
www.TheSingingBowyer.com

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #1638 on: May 28, 2008, 11:25:04 am »
Wish you could have made it Chad. Maybe some other year.
About the buck skins, I need some pants before I can were them hunting. The shirt isn't real brain taned leather, so its not as good as the real thing but I still may try it someday.

I hope to see some more of you fellow primitive archers next year! If I know we have a good sized group comming, I'll bring up my band saw and some tools so we can get some bow building going on. Maybe even have some maple staves from the club property to give away....
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline BearG

« Reply #1639 on: May 29, 2008, 10:53:27 pm »
Ya Pat we had a lot of time to talk,You know he is getting married and I had to have that Father /son talk. ;D ;) Tiller got your package ,thanks.Now my house smells like Tiller,just got the smell out of the cabin. ;) ;D ;D Just kidding,Joanie broke some of it out last night and liked it alot.Thanks. :)
    Pappy
Beau getting married?
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #1640 on: May 30, 2008, 02:14:55 am »
Glad ya all liked the package! Make sure ya tell Joanie the lotions are super concentrated, a little dab will do ya!  ;D  I sent one for Greg your way since I could not get the adress for him to work right through the USPS website. Thing kept saying it could not mail the package out of country!  ;)

Congrats on Beau tying the Knot! Whens the big date?

David T
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #1641 on: May 30, 2008, 05:56:59 am »
I got Greg's also I will give it to him this weekend.The date is July 5th he knows better
than to do it in Hunting season. ;) ;D Well finely Friday and I have big plans.I had a ball at Ryan's last weekend but it will be good to be at the Cabin again.I have a Osage I plan to floor tiller and get straightened and a little back set put in and also want to tiller my IW.I have it ready to brace.Also working on 3 knifes.Greg has already came up with the idea of some dutch oven
cooking and I have the deer meat laid out so there should be some good eating also.I have
to mow our family grave yard but other than that it's scraping and shooting.Hope yall have a
good one.Life is good.
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1642 on: June 01, 2008, 12:24:22 pm »
Man we had a big weekend,lots of bow work,napping,knife making ,shooting and eating.I'll post some stories and pictures
in the morning. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Theo 3

• Crested Butte, CO
« Reply #1643 on: June 01, 2008, 03:44:09 pm »
Hi Pappy and all, Sounds like the Classic was a great success and everyone wishes they were still there...We are happy to have met you and some of the gang on our way thru, but wish we could have stayed for the shoot! I finally put the antler tips on the hickory stave you gave us. I will start tillering now that the new string grooves have been cut in. I have some questions about finishing that I will put on the Bows section for you, if you don't mind. It is probably time to buy some books on the subject...We are just sitting here in a half- depressed stupor knowing the last day of KS turkey season is now gone and we have to endure another long Crested Butte winter before chasing spring gobblers again... thank goodness we have archery season to look forward to! We cut more osage while on our first KS trip and tried to cut them at least 5'-6" and with no limbs: we hope they will make good bows someday. Have a great summer! We are collecting elk and deer leg bones for you... Love, The Evans family
Hunting cleanses the soul and rejuvenates the mind...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1644 on: June 02, 2008, 05:54:36 am »
Great to hear from you.Beau will be out that way in early August and plans to get in touch.I will
help all I can and I am sure anyone on here will chime in also.Can't wait to see it done. Well
we had a great weekend so here we go.I got my IW tillered out to 45@22 and heat treated the belly and flipped the tips,it is now ready to finish the tiller.I also got my Osage to floor tiller but
had John and Stacy there and needed some heat and bending work so we worked on them.
I can do mine anytime.Jesse mad a very nice knife of stone and several nice points,I mad a couple neck knifes out of leg bone and old broad heads.We also ate good.Big A got some lessons on napping and I think he is hooked.GregB was into everything,he done some finish work on a couple of his bows and splice a BL for John.Man we had a full day,even got time to shoot the practice course a couple of times.Life is good.Here are some pictures.
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1645 on: June 02, 2008, 05:56:26 am »
Getting supper ready for Sat. night and Jesse doing a little napping. :)
     Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1646 on: June 02, 2008, 05:59:49 am »
The 2nd picture was my IW just about ready to brace. Doing a little straighting and heat treating my IW BigA getting a lesson on napping and Greg and Stacy laying out an Osage bow. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1647 on: June 02, 2008, 06:02:27 am »
Getting supper going ,Tweaking our mystery bow and Jesse working on a new handle. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1648 on: June 02, 2008, 06:05:51 am »
Jesse new knife after finished,real nice,Stacy's Osage before and after straighting and Greg cutting in a splice on John's BL billets. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1649 on: June 02, 2008, 06:08:58 am »
Finely supper,Some of Jesse work for the day and my new shadow box with the heads for the contest at the Classic.Joanie done good on that one.  :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good