Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4652376 times)

Offline chamookman

Re: Life is good
« Reply #16380 on: January 23, 2019, 01:19:11 am »
Yep - been colder than a Well Diggers You know what  (A) ! Warmed in the night tho - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #16381 on: January 23, 2019, 06:04:10 am »
Warm today with heavy wind 30-40 and rain, then the bottom drops out this evening and tonight with snow again, O well it is Margaret Ann Wednesday so I don't have much planed for the day at the cabin except go down to check on my girls and let them run and play a bit. Got one of the hides about half scrapped yesterday before the wind got so bad I thought it was going to blow me and it away, one advantage is all the hair blew away so no mess, just had to stay up wind of it. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #16382 on: January 23, 2019, 08:23:36 am »
The wind and rain is really blowing down here, too. I'm trying to work off an airboat but we can't hold it still in this weather.

Bob, we don't dig wells by hand anymore, we use a drill rig, now. ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline chamookman

« Reply #16383 on: January 24, 2019, 12:24:25 am »
Yea I know Eddie - always used the term to aggravate a Buddy of Mine that drilled wells  O:)  :OK. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16384 on: January 24, 2019, 02:58:39 pm »
Great day yesterday, a picture yall won't see much.  ;) :) :) I can be gentle at times . Also went down to the cabin today to do a few things, Linda and Bill showed up and Linda decided we needed to clean the big band saw and make some more fire starter out of the dust, this is what we found when we opened it, yes it needed cleaning , but beautiful. Lots of different wood has gone through over the last few weeks.  ;) Wished I could have kept it all together. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #16385 on: January 25, 2019, 12:45:09 am »
Great pic Mark ! Bob

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #16386 on: January 25, 2019, 03:21:05 am »
My grand daughter calls me Pappy. Pappy duty is the best duty. I was on duty yesterday.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16387 on: January 25, 2019, 05:32:20 am »
Ya they didn't want her to call me Pappy like most everyone does so she calls me PapPap and yes i love the time I get to spend with her, as all grand parents think I feel sure, she is the best.  :) :) :) Very cold this weekend here , headed to the cabin in a bit and a good fire will be in order. The sun is supposed to shine  which will be a change so i hope to get my hides made into at least rawhide, I started this thinking the weather was going to be good but as it turns out the weather has stunk and been a real challenge to get the hair scrapped . Hope I can get that done today and then will wait before racking any more. I really need a place inside if I am going to do this in the winter, it has always worked well before but not this year and this may become the norm. :-\ :-\ If I can't scrape hides I am sure I can find something to do.  ;) Hope yall have a good one also. ;) :) Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #16388 on: January 25, 2019, 07:30:52 am »
Looks like a good book Pappy. Good Luck with the hides. That ERC dust mixed in there really does add to the beauty. Kinda like on of those colored sand thingys.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #16389 on: January 25, 2019, 07:53:49 am »
Great pic with Margaret Ann and Pap pap.  :OK  The sawdust in the bandsaw looks like some 1960's psychedelic vision.   8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16390 on: January 27, 2019, 04:39:25 pm »
Ya the 60's Pat, how well I remember those years, well most of them. ;) :) Great weekend, cold but sunshine which was nice for a change. Only got 1 hide scrapped but did get the other started and the one I had brained almost dry, just got side tracked a lot. Maybe get the other one done tomorrow, supposed to be pretty then back into single digit/snow and wither weather all week. ??? Here are a few pictures. Made another Honey spoon out of cherry and done some handle work on my new knife. Bill showed up to make more tip over lays and some knife handles for his flint blades.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16391 on: January 27, 2019, 04:41:53 pm »
Got plenty of horn for Bill to work with. Honey spoon ready for finish , knife handle fitted and almost ready for the blade. Shawn showed up with his latest IW, bow, turned out really nice and shoots well. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16392 on: January 27, 2019, 04:44:26 pm »
Handle on IW bow, walnut from the farm. Dan showed up to work on the practice range targets, won't be lone before we set them out and they needed some repair. Shawn laid out a splice on a set of Osage Billets and I cut them for him. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16393 on: January 27, 2019, 04:47:14 pm »
The splice work OK, We still need to work on that, but they will get by. Another big hide into rawhide, it is about the size of the one I have braned, so should make a good shirt with Leather left over. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16394 on: January 27, 2019, 04:50:30 pm »
Glued and pinned the crown on my handle, just need some touch up and should look good. Also put a new storm door in the back of the cabin, I couldn't through the upper glass away, to much history so I plan on framing the glass with barn wood and put it over one of the back windows. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good