Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4611252 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #16410 on: February 03, 2019, 03:38:55 pm »
Great weekend, ya Eddie it make it tougher for sure. I got it clean but will give it one more once over after the first braining, You have 1 chance to clean up anything you have missed. It was beautiful here this weekend and I spent all day Friday and Saturday in the shop, we had our squirrel hunt going but I didn't even go out, I did stand my 22 in the corner , just in case one showed up around the wood pile. ;) Here are a few pictures.
 Finely got the big and smaller hide scraped and ready to make Leather, also laid out 2 more to thaw Friday. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16411 on: February 03, 2019, 03:41:38 pm »
My girls, With some instructions from Kevin H. I got my file knife blade tempered, turned out nice, thank Kevin. Chucks latest project, love the blade and the handle also.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16412 on: February 03, 2019, 03:44:15 pm »
My blade after tempering, and then in vinegar for a couple hours. The big hide finely dry and soft and ready to smoke, once the weather dried it came along nicely. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16413 on: February 03, 2019, 03:46:58 pm »
Bill and Garret  doing some bow work, Garret laying out an Osage bow and Bill doing tip overlays on one of James Parker's bows. 2 of Garret's latest bows, that boy just can;t get enough.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16414 on: February 03, 2019, 03:49:38 pm »
Got the 2 hides in the rack and should be ready to scrape this coming week. Got time finely to seal the Hammer handles I have been working on, now I need more hammers. ??? ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16415 on: February 03, 2019, 03:53:45 pm »
Got my Knife blade mounted in the handle, just needs of sanding and finish work, I am very pleased how it came out. Then a good fire Saturday night waiting for the boys to come in from their hunt. 25 taken in all and Michael won with 8 , 6 head shots and 2 body. Congrats Michael, all said it was slow and seems it was, we usually take 40 or more on this hunt.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16416 on: February 03, 2019, 03:55:41 pm »
Grant made us a big pot of Gumbo for supper to top off a great weekend. Hope yall had a good one also. ;) Life Is Good  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16417 on: February 04, 2019, 05:21:32 am »
One last picture, I thought this was cute, Sister has figured out where to warm, if the fire isn't to big she digs a bed in the pit. Ya ll have a good week. Dan and I are headed to Nashville this morning to go to Wood Crafter's, Never been before but looking forward to seing what they have. Heard is was a great place to look and shop around.  ;) Like I need more tools  ??? ::)  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline KHalverson

« Reply #16418 on: February 04, 2019, 04:10:20 pm »
the bowie knife looks like it"s coming along nicely.

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #16419 on: February 06, 2019, 04:28:40 am »
Looks like another fine weekend Pappy.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #16420 on: February 07, 2019, 09:05:48 am »
One of these days I will make it out there!

Offline cracker

« Reply #16421 on: February 07, 2019, 11:39:12 am »
Hi Mark looks like time just stands still. Everything looks just like it did the last time I was there!. Your ol buddy Cracker
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #16422 on: February 07, 2019, 11:52:30 am »
Hey Ronnie. Love to see you back at the Classic again. Hope all s well with you and yours.   :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline cracker

« Reply #16423 on: February 07, 2019, 12:11:33 pm »
Hey Ronnie. Love to see you back at the Classic again. Hope all s well with you and yours.   :OK
all is good work has setteled down now if I can just find some more help I’ll be able to take some time off and do something I wanna do.
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16424 on: February 08, 2019, 06:01:40 am »
Ben hope it works out for you someday, love to meet you in person. Ronnie , it is so good to hear from you, like Pat , would love to see you again, think about you often and yes not much changes around the cabin, I kind of like it that way. ;) Glad all is good with you and please try and come visit anytime. I have retired and am there most all the time. By the way it's Friday and headed down in a bit for the weekend, it was 78 yesterday for a high and 30 today for high, what a difference. I have several things going on and plan on smoking some hides this weekend, got 3 ready to smoke,2 on the rack and another ready to flesh and rack up, the weather has really held me back, 3 inches of rain the last day or so. The good thing is my new pond is fuller than it has ever been so far, still just a little over half but with more rain coming Sunday through early next week it might just get there. Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good