Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4650718 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #16500 on: March 11, 2019, 05:05:00 am »
Knife Handle shaped and ready for finish, great time we had  ;) Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good.  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #16501 on: March 12, 2019, 01:54:33 am »
The Girls look Fat & Sassy - Thanks for sharing   (=)  :OK - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16502 on: March 12, 2019, 05:16:33 am »
Yes Bob they are getting fat and are sure enough Sassy. They love hide fleshing time, they keep everything cleaned up.  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #16503 on: March 12, 2019, 07:08:43 am »
What is the thinking on the hog back hide. Just a way to make a trophy out of it or some primitive use. Just wondering. I am happy you got all the hides to a point you can store them away without freezing. I know that was a huge project and a big thing off your list.  I am looking forward to seeing what you use them for now. Have a good shoot this weekend.

Offline HH~

« Reply #16504 on: March 12, 2019, 09:43:15 am »
Was thinkin of using it in a Quiver or for some Ooga Booga headgear? Or on a HHB walking stick as a wrap? No specific plans. Looks nice just like it is.
All scraped and ready for some project.

Already looking for washed coral hide softening stones!

Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16505 on: March 12, 2019, 02:18:43 pm »
Thanks Shawn, used one the others you brought today. You have a good vacation.  :)Yes Chief it was a big job but almost finished. 2 More but not going to rack them until the shoot is over this weekend. Getting a lot of call about it so should be a good one, the weather is looking good,30's and 50's and no rain, hope the Classic will turn out as good on weather but ant holding my breath. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #16506 on: March 13, 2019, 05:11:18 am »
Thanks Shawn. It would make a great OOga Booga hat. You could lay it out on a table and get a lot of creative guesses to what critter it came from.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16507 on: March 14, 2019, 04:17:22 am »
Well it's Friday for me and headed to the Cabin, we have our 2 day open shoot this weekend and still have a few thing left to get ready so I am headed that way to stay a few days. Got a few others coming down to camp also so should be a fun time. Wind and rain today so may even get a little shop time. Then the weather is supposed to be clean and cooler, 30's for lows and mid 50's for highs, but at least no rain. :)prefect walking and shooting weather. ;) Hope yall have a good one also. See ya Monday.  ;) :)
Life is Good. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16508 on: March 18, 2019, 05:34:38 am »
Beautiful weekend, our event went well with a good mix of old and young having a great time. We had 162 shooters so was very pleased with the turn out I even managed to get some stuff done in the shop in between my shifts in the kitchen. I will have some pictures up in a day our two of the fun. May will be here before you know it and we can do it again only in a little bigger way. Life is Good.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16509 on: March 19, 2019, 04:20:33 am »
As said, great weekend, didn't get many pictures of the shoot but several of stuff going on before. Here are a few. My girls just waiting for the crowd and dreading it because they know they have to be put up. I started on another knife stand, I don't do leather work so stands will have to do for now, also started on braining another hide. Nice big one. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16510 on: March 19, 2019, 04:25:23 am »
Stand finished, I also cut up a couple of splatted short logs Otis gifted me, turned out very nice for handles and such. Also started another knife. We had most of the stuff ready for the shoot so Friday had some time in the shop. ;) :) Only in and out on Saturday and Sunday with all that was going on. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16511 on: March 19, 2019, 04:28:59 am »
Arvin Gifted John and I a very nice bow each, I put a shelf pad on it and striker plate and got it all tuned in, I shot it in the tournament and shot better than I have in a while, very smooth and shoots where I am looking. Thanks Arvin. I also got my blade ready to heat treat.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16512 on: March 19, 2019, 04:31:16 am »
Also got the handle fitted and ready after heat treating. GregB showed up for some knife work, he has several in the works. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16513 on: March 19, 2019, 04:38:34 am »
Got 1 of my Alligator tails ready to hang somewhere on the wall. Got the hide brained and stretching until it is dry, by the way Bob FYI the rope works nice. :) knife blade heat treated and ready for the handle and Jon got all the arrows wrapped and ready for the points to be put on, I did them yesterday so they are ready to the Tennessee Classic plaques, one less thing.   ???
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16514 on: March 19, 2019, 04:44:46 am »
Got my blade glued up and ready for finish, now need to make a stand for it. ;) Like I said great weekend, not as busy as the Classic but a very good turn out, Little John and a few others came and stayed the weekend so we had a good time around the fire evening and at night and always good to have some shop time. One last picture of me on the range with My sweet Margaret Ann, that was so much fun just watching he with all the animal targets, she loved them. She was our official score keeper.  ;) Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good