Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4649179 times)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Life is good
« Reply #16515 on: March 19, 2019, 05:14:16 am »
Thanks for taking us along Pappy. Looks like you saved the best picture for last.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #16516 on: March 19, 2019, 05:35:57 am »
That's a great picture Pappy.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #16517 on: March 19, 2019, 07:48:26 am »
Love the pics, Pappy, especially with Margaret Ann. Looking forward to seeing Twin Oaks in the near future and all the folks that come along with it.    (=)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline chamookman

« Reply #16518 on: March 20, 2019, 12:36:14 am »
What a picture Pappy  :OK ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline rebsr52339

« Reply #16519 on: March 20, 2019, 03:49:51 am »
Very nice photos Pappy. Will probably be seeing you again after a long hiatus. Good to be back practicing and shooting.  ;D
REB

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #16520 on: March 20, 2019, 04:43:53 am »
Thanks guys, ya I can't wait until she get big enough to tag along on all my adventures, Little girls and boy also seem to be really into this stuff until they are about 16 then off to other things for a few years and most come back to it once they are grown, so I should have good Lord will about 14 more years to enjoy , she will be 18 months the 22ND of March. Good to see you back at it rebsr52339.  ;) :) Pat it won't be long now, really looking forward to it,Yes BJ I was thinking the same thing. ;) :) Now that we got the 2 day open under our belt we are really focused on getting things ready for the Classic, gavel to spread/mulch to spread and also building a new shed for the portable shower, Bill and I are going to pick up the siding wood this morning and hope to get up somewhere close to finished this weekend, and of course we got wood to cut, going to be busy that is for sure.  :o
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Otis

« Reply #16521 on: March 20, 2019, 08:06:49 am »
Glad the wood turned out nice.  I'll keep my eye out for more as I'm spitting more firewood.  I showed Debbie the picture last night after you had cut it to show her what it looks like when cut.  She was helping me split when I found those pieces.  Looking forward to getting down there here in a couple of weeks or so.  Give me a shout when you decide if and when you are going to Kentucky and we can set a date for me to come down.

David

Offline BrianS

« Reply #16522 on: March 20, 2019, 10:43:56 am »
Great picture of you and your granddaughter

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16523 on: March 22, 2019, 04:44:08 am »
Thanks guys, headed down in a little bit, got lots going on with a few projects for myself and as always for TwinOaks, May even make a shoot at Buck Hollow tomorrow if not to much going on around the Club. Hope yall have a great weekend also. Life is Good. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #16524 on: March 22, 2019, 08:59:09 am »
Wait. it's still deer season somewhere?! I might still have a chance!
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16525 on: March 24, 2019, 03:04:27 pm »
Not open here Deerhunter21, it is an archery club and 3d event. ;) :) Great weekend, couldn't make the shoot at Buck Hollow, had 29 Boy scouts on the farm along with there leaders, great bunch of boys and I really enjoy having them, so i got time in the shop and some other projects for Twin Oaks. Here are a few pictures. Got a stand made for my latest knife and all the arrows ready for the plaques for The Classic. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16526 on: March 24, 2019, 03:07:52 pm »
Me and John team up on the trophies.  ;)Also Bill and I  got one of the old picnic tables rebuilt and knife all sealed up and finished.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16527 on: March 24, 2019, 03:09:48 pm »
Took some time for a little bow work, finished tillering one I am building for a good friend and dolled it up a bit with some skins. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16528 on: March 24, 2019, 03:13:13 pm »
Softened another file for my next knife. Finished another hide, it is ready for smoke. It had a lot of freezer burn and was probably the toughest hide I have every worked on, but tuned out as one of the softest and best I have done, go figure. ;) :) Also got another hind in the brains. ;)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 03:35:55 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16529 on: March 24, 2019, 03:15:14 pm »
Brain boiling, skins all trimmed up and ready to seal after they dry a bit more. Cut a big log for my shop anvil. GregB showed up still at his knife work. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 03:36:40 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good