Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4650322 times)

Offline chamookman

Re: Life is good
« Reply #16545 on: April 01, 2019, 12:38:53 am »
Lookin good Pappy - Thanks !  (=) Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline HH~

« Reply #16546 on: April 01, 2019, 03:33:34 pm »
Pappy the knife brings new meaning to the term Leg Bone Shank! Very nice piece. Like the rasp maker data on the hilt.

Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Online BrianS

« Reply #16547 on: April 01, 2019, 07:36:54 pm »
All I can say is WOW! You sure do stay busy! Hides, Knife and Bow all look great! Even found time to cut firewood.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #16548 on: April 02, 2019, 05:10:23 am »
I try Brian, I got a couple of projects to do this morning early and then plan on cutting more wood today. We have a lot cut in the woods that need splitting before hauling but on my walk yesterday I found a big Hickory that is up rooted I plan to cut up and haul today, I think I can get most of it back to the cabin without splitting. My buddy Bill is gone to New Mexico for a week or so , so I will be on my own today.He is a big help and I sure will miss him today but we need wood so I just well get at it. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline KHalverson

« Reply #16549 on: April 02, 2019, 02:42:50 pm »
pappy
I sure hope I have your energy when I retire.
you sure stay busy,
great grand paps anvil looks good.
you get set up and I,ll load some tools and make a visit.
see if we can get ya a forged blade off that anvil.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16550 on: April 02, 2019, 03:15:45 pm »
Sounds good Kevin, love to have you down. We are getting there. BigA is working on a forge as we speak so hope to have it going soon. I also have a line on and old coal forge, he says it's in good shape except the hand blower, handy as we are down here we can probably repair that some kind of way. ;) :)  He said it belonged to his Grandfather and couldn't think of a better place for it to go, he had no want or need for it. ??? Hope that works out , we will see. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16551 on: April 05, 2019, 05:22:23 am »
Friday and headed down in a little while, was planning on going to the KY Trad fest but looks like plans have changed, ??? got to much to do to get ready for the Classic, we are having a working tomorrow and have a lot of big projects to finish up so we can move on to the smaller stuff. Got to get them done while the help is there. ;) Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16552 on: April 07, 2019, 03:48:31 pm »
Another good weekend, got a lot done and getting closer all the time to being ready for the Classic. Here are a few pictures. Got the plaques all ready for the self bow Challenge, look pretty good this year.  Thanks Bill for the points. :) My girls just doing their thing. ;)

Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16553 on: April 07, 2019, 03:50:30 pm »
My latest knife all finished and stand made. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16554 on: April 07, 2019, 03:53:37 pm »
Then I cut a load of Hickory, still lots to cut but making headway.  :) Had several show up Saturday for the meeting/club shoot and working. We had a good meeting and put up the skirting on the new shed. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 04:01:08 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16555 on: April 07, 2019, 03:59:48 pm »
Skirting all finished on shed. Big A with the beginning of our new forge and also he made us a new board for the TwinOaks Grand slam. This is the third time over 20+ years we have done this. To win you have to kill a doe/spike/3/4/5/6/7/8+ with your bow so it takes several years to fill it out. ??? Also late Saturday I put the last couple of coats of satin polly on the Osage I have been working on. It took 10 coats of tru oil and 2 coats of polly to make it like glass. ;) ;) Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. :) ;) ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #16556 on: April 08, 2019, 01:39:28 am »
Thanks Pappy  (=) ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #16557 on: April 08, 2019, 04:48:42 am »
I love your TOGS. I don't think I could ever to that in my lifetime. How long have you guys kept up with that and what is the youngest qualifier and what is the average age of qualifiers? I need to get to work on my own Grand Slam.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16558 on: April 08, 2019, 05:41:25 am »
A little over 20 years Chief, usually takes about 10 years or so to fill, it get harder when you need a particular one. ??? I have been blessed to win the first 2, this will be the third time we have done it. We put a plaque with you name on it when you fill one of the slots so it keeps a history of all the deer taken by Twin Oaks members over the years, fun to look back on, when you win yo get the board, you can take it with you but I elected to leave them hanging at the club. Most of us just deer hunt and are not trophy hunters so that also make it easier if you don't mind killing smaller bucks, which I don't. ;) :) :) :) Headed down this morning for a few days, got Dave[Otis] coming in to Turkey hunt for a few days so I am going down to hang out with him, may hunt some but really don't get into Turkey much so will probably just hang out and maybe get a few things done around the club and shop. Yall have a good one. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #16559 on: April 09, 2019, 03:19:28 am »
That Slam is a fun thing for members, I bet. Something worth bragging and ribbing about. I am sure it is something that comes up often around the campfire. Especially when someone is close to taking that last special deer. I can hear it now. I wont shoot anything but a 3 pt today. I sure hope a 3 pt comes by. Has anybody been seeing any 3 pts this year?