Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4650726 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #16695 on: June 23, 2019, 05:54:40 pm »
Had a very stormy weekend and don't seem to be over yet. Did get some bus hogging done but most of the time was spent in the shop or shooting in my newest bow between showers. Few pictures. Bill made it back, he has been gone a month to North WI. He brought me a couple of gifts, thanks Bill. Also got my limb bow to brace and just beyond but popped a splinter so it's toast. Lot of hours in that knotty thing but HA you win a few and loose a few. ???
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16696 on: June 23, 2019, 05:57:40 pm »
So I pulled out my next project, nice character piece cut in 09 and roughed out in 15. Nice looking piece of wood. Bush hogged all the bottoms before the first storm hit, got back just in time. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16697 on: June 23, 2019, 06:02:39 pm »
Pretty bad storm, Sally and sister didn't like it a bit and stayed close. I decided my last Osage deserved a nice skin and with the rain I had nothing else to do. I had put a couple hundred arrows through it and seems to be holding up fine, so I put the blue/green boa I had skinned a while back on it. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16698 on: June 23, 2019, 06:06:30 pm »
Blacked out the back of the bow and put a base coat of TB3, I usually don't wrap the skins but in this case I did. While that was drying we put one of Bills bows on the form for some tweaking and then the next storm hit, not quite as bad, but bad enough. Lots of straight line winds. (W Bill went out right after the storm and gathered some Cantrell's , they are just coming in here. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16699 on: June 23, 2019, 06:11:18 pm »
Made it through all the storms so far with little damage. Got the wrap off the skins and they turned out nice, put 1 coat of TruOil on and I think the color will really stand out, bluish green with little white specks all over and matches the Gator grip very well. Pretty cool and for sure different. Hope yall had a good one also.
Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #16700 on: June 23, 2019, 07:20:31 pm »
That's a unique skin.  I like it.  Should make a nice looking bow Pappy.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline chamookman

« Reply #16701 on: June 24, 2019, 12:46:05 am »
Thanks Pappy  :OK ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16702 on: June 25, 2019, 05:16:23 am »
Ya it is a little different Clint. :) You are welcome Bob. Rain finely gone for a few day so headed out to do some more bush hogging today, started another file knife yesterday and got it shaped out, but it will have to wait now that the sun is shining. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #16703 on: June 25, 2019, 05:31:34 pm »
Bow is real a looker! Gator bow.

I be down Thursday. Got a load of sugar maple for fire pit. Bring the Mrs. down. She wants to hunt shrooms.

Got a nice hunk of crotch burl from this 80-100yr old tree that blew over. Will set it by saw.

Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16704 on: June 26, 2019, 04:34:29 am »
Cool, Bill and Linda gathered 8 lbs of Cantrell's yesterday , gave me about a pound for my soup. ;) I need to get out and gather some myself, they should really be up good by Thursday. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #16705 on: June 26, 2019, 06:03:19 am »
A few years ago nobody mentioned chanterelles, now everyone has caught on. At Enid last weekend several of us picked the course almost bare.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16706 on: June 27, 2019, 05:16:45 am »
For sure Eric, Shawn and his better half are coming this morning to gather some, they are really popping right now on my place.  :) More bush hogging for me  :( That is what I am planing the next few days at least. :) I noticed yesterday that the black berries are going to be ready soon also and man have I got loads of them.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16707 on: June 28, 2019, 04:12:57 am »
Friday and headed to the cabin for some shooting/bow work and still some bush hogging left to do, hope to finish that up over the weekend.  :-\Should be fun. Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DC

« Reply #16708 on: June 28, 2019, 08:13:15 am »
When you finish brush hogging down there can you drive up here and do my neighbours blackberries. I'd appreciate it ;D ;D

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16709 on: June 30, 2019, 05:43:05 pm »
I will head that way DC. ;) :) Speaking of black berries, I will have loads in a few more days, it is a really big crop this year. Had a great weekend and just about got all my  bush hogging done. A few little spots that need some trim work but all the big areas done for now. ::) Also got my next knife worked down pretty good, last coat of sealer on my latest Osage bow and my snake vertebra strung up, I went to get it off the ant hill and by the time I got it back to the cabin in was in several pieces , it was like putting humpty dumpty back together again, :D but after a few hours I got it done. Few pictures. My blade roughed out, I also got the tapper about done. Bill gathered another 8 lb. of Cantrell's. They are really starting to come in now, they should really be goo in about another week.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good