Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4650266 times)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Life is good
« Reply #16800 on: August 23, 2019, 09:58:58 am »
Enjoy your anniversary Pappy. That's a real accomplishment. Takes a good man and a good woman to make that work along with a little blessing from the good lord.

Also looking forward to seeing how your hunting season goes. Pretty sure you'll make it 38 years in a row.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #16801 on: August 23, 2019, 11:10:13 am »
Happy Anniversary Pappy and Miss Joanie. Must be a match made in heaven.  :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #16802 on: August 23, 2019, 04:39:29 pm »
Happy Anniversary! You don't look old enough to have been married that long! ::)

Offline gifford

« Reply #16803 on: August 23, 2019, 06:14:40 pm »
Congratulations on your anniversary Pappy. May you and Miss Joanie have many more.

Offline chamookman

« Reply #16804 on: August 24, 2019, 02:54:07 am »
Happy Anniversary Pappy , You are truly Blessed ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #16805 on: August 25, 2019, 05:52:55 pm »
Thanks Guys, we really had a nice peaceful time up in KY. this weekend, didn't do much but hunt for old, cool stuff and hang out with each other which we don't do a lot for any length of time. It was great. Few pictures of the fun. Started Thursday at the cabin,Bill and I got the last of the Hickory all debarked and ready for the shed and also my Yankee wild apple trees and pines are really liking their new Tennessee Home. Then i headed home and Miss Joanie headed NW to KY. We always stop by Fort Donaldson. Love that place , so much History.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16806 on: August 25, 2019, 06:12:38 pm »
Lots of deer wandering around, old encampments /trenches and fencing to look at and think about how it was 150+ years ago, I think about how the young and old boys must have felt laying in these trenches knowing what was headed their way.WOW, same as I do when thinking about all our soldier's when put in harm's way today and in years passed.Some of our History may not be pleasing to all , but it is still our History. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16807 on: August 25, 2019, 06:17:02 pm »
Then for some shopping, man they had the stuff and some really good prices if you look and negotiate a little and although I ant good at that, anyone that knows Miss Joanie knows she is very good at it. ??? We make a good team, I find it and she buys it. ;) :) :) :) Hope yall had a good weekend also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #16808 on: August 25, 2019, 07:15:24 pm »
Got some more old steel. Hope you and Miss Joanie had a good time.

Brandon and i shot for a bit Sat. That guy is getting really good! I peeled some more wood. Dan brought those targets off practice range.

Rain and more rain and we have not got a hurricane run up on us yet.

Beans on my road are up to my maval now!

HH~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16809 on: August 27, 2019, 06:10:52 am »
Ya we had a great time Shawn, now I am back and putting up stands today before the next storm hit, I hope. :-\ My girls was sure glad to see me yesterday, I think they missed me. ;) :) :) I figured they would want to get out and run but the instead just hung around under my feet looking for rubs. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16810 on: August 30, 2019, 06:10:17 am »
Friday and headed to the farm in a little while, only be there until noon tomorrow, got a family reunion to attend Saturday evening, always a big one, I have 39 first cousins on my Mothers side so it's big and fun to see all of them in one place. Got more stands to put up today and maybe some bush hogging of some trails. We have had a ton of rain and stuff has really grown up since I bush hogged a month or so ago. Hope yall have a great Labor day weekend, be safe. Life is Good. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16811 on: September 02, 2019, 06:19:19 am »
Had a great weekend, got most of my bush hogging done Friday and Saturday morning and then family reunions Saturday evening and Sunday evening so not much time shooting or in the shop. I enjoy that kind of time but also really enjoyed seeing all my family, don't see them often enough and makes me realize when I do how blessed I really am. No pictures but will make up for it next week. ;) Now I am headed out to finish my bush hogging and put up a couple more stands, then just waiting for deer season to open, 27 days !!! Hope yall had a good one also.  ;) :) :) Life is Good. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16812 on: September 04, 2019, 06:40:32 am »
Got all my bush hogging finished, now for a couple more deer stands and I should be set for the up coming season, no work today, Margaret Ann Wednesday!!! all play. ;) Hope all my friends down south and east make it through the Hurricane OK, you are in my thought and prayers, weather beautiful here for a change. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #16813 on: September 05, 2019, 02:46:52 am »
Congrats on the anniversary. I am 1 year behind ya. We need an overnight somewhere but it just feels so good to be at home. I have one more loc on to put up and I will be set. I bow hunted last week down state and spent one night in our tent. I won't hunt again till season opens here on the 15th. I am expecting to kill a doe opening day. But one of these guys would be OK. The velvet will be off by then. Probably won't see hide nor hair of any of them but I can dream I will get lucky. I would be in the hospital if I had to put up as many stands as you put up each year. Gotta learn to work smarter.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16814 on: September 05, 2019, 06:48:23 am »
O ya them are nice ones for sure, of course any deer is nice to me  ;) :) Not a trophy or horn hunter by any means but I also don't set in the stand dreaming about a spike or forky either, :) if you are going to dream just well dream big. I am like Glenn St Charles, I am a trophy hunter until something else comes along. ;) :) :) :)Ya it is getting tougher every year to climb and hang up side down  putting up stands, still can do it but pay for it.Miss Joanie reminded me the other day that I was not always going to be able to do what I do,  ??? I told her thanks and reminded her that I know that, but plan on doing it as long as I can, ;) maybe a little slower but still manage to get it done.  ;) Good luck on your hunts,a nice fat doe opening day would be great, ours opens on the 28th of September.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good