Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4648646 times)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Life is good
« Reply #16830 on: September 09, 2019, 08:45:05 am »
It's been just a little chilly here lately Pappy. Feels like fall. Dry here to. Funny how it always seems to go. Was way to wet this spring and then the spigot was turned off. It's getting to the time of year rain just makes me trouble and is to late to help much anyway. Sugarbeets would sure like a nice drink. To late for beans. Would probably help some of the really late planted stuff.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline HH~

« Reply #16831 on: September 09, 2019, 06:54:53 pm »
 Tell the fella’s HH will be hunt ready when he hits ground on Red River Country!

HH~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #16832 on: September 10, 2019, 06:18:11 am »
OK Suffer dude  ;) :) Good to hear from you Shawn, hope you are having fun in Hawaii . Ya BJ our beans could still use a little ran but noticed yesterday that some have already began to tune , so probably wouldn't help much, just maybe hold them a little longer. They usually are all yellow buy late September. In the mid to upper 90's here all week. :) Bill and I cut the big tree up yesterday , but we started early and it wasn't to bad until toward the end. We plan on hauling some early this morning before it gets to hot . ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #16833 on: September 10, 2019, 08:12:43 am »
oooooh! Hawaii! volcanic and active! must be some obsidian!  >:D
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16834 on: September 13, 2019, 06:00:19 am »
Friday and headed out in a bit, we have the shoot part of  27th White tail Classic tomorrow and then the Bash [our last big get together for the year] tomorrow evening, always a lot of fun and big feed, we are doing deep fried Cat fish this year. Yum !! I have some stuff to do today so I feel sure I will stay busy. Started a bow for my new grand son this week, he is due Nov.15 so I needed to get it going. It is 25 inches long right now and on the form, I will cut to his body length and finish after he gets here, hope he ant over 25 inches long. ;) :) :) I am guessing 21 or 22 but we will just have to wait and see. ??? I hope yall have a great weekend also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16835 on: September 15, 2019, 06:37:38 pm »
Had a great weekend, got a few things done around the club/farm Friday and the White tail Classic went well Saturday, had 13 teams of 3 get in on it. It is always fun and really laid back kind of event. Then Saturday evening we gathered for the TwinOaks Bash, sort of our last event for the year. Hunting season starts in a couple of weeks and we get pretty scattered until the first of the year. Here are a few pictures.Bill and I got a lot of wood hauled cut Friday. Good start on the years supply. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16836 on: September 15, 2019, 06:42:39 pm »
Also made some head way on my new grand son's bow[due Nov.15 ] rough tillered/on the form to shape and tip over lays ready to glue on. Then went out and spread some oats in my bean fields, I don't do food plots usually, but spread the oats in the beans before they are cut, after they are cut the oats will come up right behind them, makes a nice easy,cheap food plot.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16837 on: September 15, 2019, 06:45:15 pm »
Supper Friday night and my girls resting after a long Day. ;) Then Saturday evening everyone starting gathering for the Bash, finely got a little Class show up. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16838 on: September 15, 2019, 06:47:17 pm »
Then after a nice blessing we had one fine meal, deep fried Cat fish [supplied by GregB] and all the fixings.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16839 on: September 15, 2019, 06:49:26 pm »
What a great bunch we have, everyone pitched in , in the cooking and clean up and man what a feed. Good time and memories for sure. Hope yall had a good one also. :) Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #16840 on: September 16, 2019, 02:34:01 am »
Dang - made Me Hungry  -C- ! Girls are lookin' good - Thanks Pappy !
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #16841 on: September 16, 2019, 08:06:33 am »
do you just always have people over pappy?! that looks fun! might need to tell my dad that we should go to a Tennessee game with a couple of days extra! but then again, got that school work.
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #16842 on: September 16, 2019, 09:19:26 am »
Man, looks like a great weekend. Miss you guys and can't wait to get up there. Hope to see Jesse, too. And I won't have to worry about getting back to work after November 1st, either.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #16843 on: September 16, 2019, 11:47:11 am »
Gonna have to get down and visit your place sometime. Looks like some good food and some good eaters to. Gotta see my retired army buddy in Clarksville again. To bad I didn't know about your place last time I visited him.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16844 on: September 17, 2019, 06:19:01 am »
Love to have you DH21 and BJ, Ya Eddie can't wait to see ya, Jesse is supposed to be in the 10th Oct. Be good to have him back. On another note
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me. ;) :) 67 today and as far as I know all is well. :-\  I sure would have taken better care of myself if I had any clue I would have lived this long,[well probably not] ;) :)  been a very blessed life for sure and I thank the Good Lord every day for life,family and friends that are like family to me. :) Life is good for sure. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good