Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4647621 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Life is good
« Reply #16860 on: September 30, 2019, 04:21:32 pm »
Hope your not gonna put the plant with the purple flowers in your pond. You won't like it. The state of Florida has spent millions of dollars trying to control and get rid of Water hyacinths since it was introduced to the waters by someone that thought it would look pretty. The problem is it does look pretty but multiplies real quick.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #16861 on: September 30, 2019, 06:11:25 pm »
No plans for that Eddie. ;) Great weekend, very very hot but still a good weekend . We had 14 deer checked in ,4 on the compound side of the White tail Classic and 9 on the Traditional side, 1 nice 8 point with self bow. Good food and good friends, hard to beat that. Few pictures. I got down Thursday so I made a little time in the shop working on splitting some Osage and working on some billets .  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16862 on: September 30, 2019, 06:14:38 pm »
Me trimming up a stave for Shawn'r new long bow. Found this rack in the woods on the way back from my morning stand. Then the deer started coming in Saturday morning. :) We weigh them and most leave them in our cooler over the weekend.I love that because I had 5 given to me over the weekend. Now I have a full week of skinning and processing deer. :)

Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16863 on: September 30, 2019, 06:21:54 pm »
Jon got a nice little doe and also a larger 1 ,no deer for me but my son Beau killed a 146 lb 7 point feeding under 1 of our Persimmon trees. :)He said I may not kill as many as I use to but still know how to pick and set up a stand. :) Will killed a nice 8 point and a doe, Will checking out the cooler, it was filling up. ;) Big A also killed a doe, Keith a nice 8 point and Grant a Button In all the club guys took 8 deer over the weekend
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16864 on: September 30, 2019, 06:25:29 pm »
Then on to the awards and big Feed Sunday night, we had venison brats and venison Bar B Q with all the fixing. The team winners and over all winner on the Compound side. ;) The trophies were had made By Michael and the cedar came off the farm.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16865 on: September 30, 2019, 06:29:02 pm »
Big A , Keith and Will won the team award and Will won the over all Traditional shooter. Great time for sure. This was 27 years we have been doing this and it is still as much fun as the first. Now if the weather will cool a bit it will be back to hunting for me but in the mean time I got deer to skin. Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #16866 on: September 30, 2019, 09:55:30 pm »
I sure wish I could have made it Sunday night. 

My whole family finally made it home and I had all my grown kids and grandbabies, along with my seven kids still in school.  We had family picture day where my older kids payed a professional photographer to take kids and family pictures.  We try to do it once a year.

So I went hunting and I'm fortunate to have friends who when I called came to help me out so I could hunt both Sunday morning, and still make it for picture time.  Yep I'm sure blessed.

I must admit it was awful hot both days this weekend, but worth the fun.

Thanks Pappy for all your work, you know it's appreciated my friend.
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline chamookman

« Reply #16867 on: October 01, 2019, 03:03:06 am »
Good start to the Season Pappy - lookin' to be in the 50's here by the week-end  :-D ! Thanks for sharing - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline GlennM

« Reply #16868 on: October 01, 2019, 06:12:16 am »
WOW! Great hunting boys.  Our seasons opens today in NY. Its supposed to be a record high temp at 84 and humid today.  I wont get out to the weekend. Too many kids need learning! Its supposed to be 60's and 40's for the weekend.  Much better.  Bets of luck to all during this harvest season.  Be safe, use your climbing harnesses, and bring back some memories.

Regards,

Glenn

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16869 on: October 07, 2019, 06:50:54 am »
Great weekend, still was kind of hot but made it out a couple of times. GregB and Shawn both took nice doe's, nothing for me but some very close encounters so that is always exciting. Now I got to work up and wrap 5 deer today, it finely is raining so a prefect day for that. Also Jesse made it in with is son Alex Saturday evening so we had a great reunion around the fire.  ;) :) :) He is staying at the cabin a couple of days until he gets his house set up so I will get to spend some time with them today. I got a few pictures I will post later in the week of the fun. Hope yall had a good one also.
Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16870 on: October 09, 2019, 05:33:02 pm »
Running a little behind this week, hunting season Ya Know, here are a few pictures of the weekend. A couple of old tool projects I have been working on, put some scales on 1 and clean and re pinned the other. The scales were Elk antler . Also some billets Shawn andI have been working on, we have about 15 more to do. Hunting season has slowed us down. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16871 on: October 09, 2019, 05:35:20 pm »
More of the multy tools. Not sure how old but both made in the good old USA.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16872 on: October 09, 2019, 05:38:37 pm »
Me skinning some deer for Jon and Shawn's big doe 105 lbs, he made a great shot on her with his HHB bow. Also they may not have horn but they got brains and I save them all. Waste not want not. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16873 on: October 09, 2019, 05:40:41 pm »
My girls full of deer scraps and just taking a rest. The boy scouts showed Saturday for some target shooting. Always good to have them down. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16874 on: October 09, 2019, 05:42:37 pm »
Then I helped Shawn glue up a lam bow, Boo/Hickory and Osage long bow. A great supped, deer back strap. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good