Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4650624 times)

Offline BrianS

Re: Life is good
« Reply #16935 on: November 04, 2019, 05:23:20 pm »
Pappy,
God Bless You and all your Friends. I look forward every week to seeing what you guys are up to. I've never been much of a Traveler but thanks to your posts, I feel like I have been to your place (at least in my mind). Thanks once again for taking the time to make your posts.
Brian

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #16936 on: November 05, 2019, 03:59:42 am »
You are welcome Brian, glad you enjoy. Here is a picture of Keith [one of our members] took a nice buck yesterday with a HH selfbow. I think him and I are the only 2 members hunting with selfbows right now,all the other have went to glass for some odd reason. ??? Headed out in a few minutes, been seeing lots of deer and this time of year you never know what might show up.Seen several bucks and a couple of hot doe yesterday and also a Bob Cat which is the only one I have seen on my farm in several year, pretty cool, going to hunt till about 9 this morning and then Sister and I have a job to do. ;) Got a good friend that needs some help, he hit a nice buck yesterday evening , kind of bad hit he said so we are going to help if we can.  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #16937 on: November 05, 2019, 09:22:07 am »
Congratulations, Keith! That's a nice one.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16938 on: November 05, 2019, 07:17:42 pm »
Not nearly that big but I killed a nice fat 3 point this morning. Beautiful morning to be in the woods. Sister got a nice work out and more deer liver.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #16939 on: November 05, 2019, 11:00:00 pm »
Boy, Pappy you are kicking nut this season. That's 3 now isn't it? Good for you.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16940 on: November 06, 2019, 04:16:18 am »
Doing OK Pat, got to get it done before all my buddies show up this week and weekend I don't usually get a lot of hunting in while they are there. Headed out this morning, beautiful morning and supposed to be a pretty day, can't stay long it is Margaret Ann Wednesday  ;) :) but thought I would give it a little while. Love watching morning break in the woods. Then tomorrow it is supposed to storm and rain all day so a good time to process some deer at least that is my plan. :) ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #16941 on: November 06, 2019, 11:34:11 am »
Got my winter jammies packed.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline HH~

« Reply #16942 on: November 06, 2019, 01:52:56 pm »
Yep Pappy,

P & Y Tenn doe.

123lbs dressed after hanging one night. Big dry ol gal here.

Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16943 on: November 07, 2019, 06:33:33 am »
Nice doe Shawn. ;)  Headed to the cabin in a little while for a week or so. Got DaveO and Eddie Parker coming in today and Chris and Shane my buddies from FL. coming in Saturday morning.You know we will have a good time, lots of good food/tall tails and time around the fire. ;) :) It is raining here today and supposed to turn of very cold so them FL. boys will have to wrap up. :) This will be a prefect day for me to process 2 deer I have boned out and probably skin my 3 point. I love doing that especially when I can hunt. :) Also need to get something going for supper. :) Hope yall have a good week and week end also. I will have stories and pictures i am sure when I return. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16944 on: November 14, 2019, 04:42:31 pm »
The boys are all gone now, it was a great week with lots of fun, Killed some critters and will have stories and pictures up after the weekend. I came home this morning after they left but headed back in the morning for the weekend to hunt/club meeting and cut up and process more deer. The bucks are really on the move right now so should be a good weekend. Also My grandson was born on the 7th so I of course had to leave 1 day to check him out, fine young man.Nov.7 /7lbs 7oz 20 inches long. I cut his first bow down I am making for him to 20 inches and hope to finish it up over the weekend. Going to name it Lucky 7's. ;) Here is a picture of Him and his PapPap. :) Life is Good.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #16945 on: November 14, 2019, 04:59:40 pm »
He looks good in your arms Pappy. Congrats Grandpa and to Mom, Dad and Granny Joanie.   :OK   8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline chamookman

« Reply #16946 on: November 15, 2019, 02:17:59 am »
Congrats to all ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #16947 on: November 15, 2019, 05:53:35 am »
Much congrats! He will be a great addition to T.O. Make him work for it, Na go ahead and spoil him. That's what we are here for.

Offline GlennM

« Reply #16948 on: November 15, 2019, 08:34:36 am »
What a blessing!  Please extend my well wishes to Christina and Beau.  I love the picture.  Such a proud Pap Pap!

Glenn

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #16949 on: November 15, 2019, 09:34:46 am »
He is a beautiful baby! Congrats! and you even got his first bow coming! your prepared! whats the little guys name!
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.