Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4632648 times)

bjrogg and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #17190 on: February 19, 2020, 06:21:09 am »
Ya I enjoy it BJ, that's the main reason I hunt , is to put up meat and supplies for the year. I like horns but meat and supplies come first. Got the handle on my Osage finished yesterday and turned out pretty good, now on to finish tillering and hopefully be shooting it by the weekend. Also laid out another small neck knife, can't have to many of them. :) Shawn and GregB are getting all their supplies together so probably more brats for them Friday. Turning cold again so may be a good time to be back in the kitchen. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17191 on: February 21, 2020, 06:15:56 am »
Headed to the cabin in a few, going to help Shawn finish up his brats and then some shop time I hope. ;) Hope to get my Osage shooting this weekend and also got a couple more knives in the works. We will need a nice fire this morning, about 20 here now and ant going to warm up much. Guess winter is running late this year. :-\ Any way it should be fun. Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #17192 on: February 21, 2020, 07:14:17 am »
Does your winter feel a lot longer than usual this year?  Usually it's at least starting to warm up around here by now (into the high 30s or 40s) but the cold is just hanging on forever!  It's not that brutal, -40 cold we get some years, but it just won't break.  Still about two feet of snow on the ground, including the same snow we got before thanksgiving.  Wondering if it's that way everywhere or if we're just lucky.   (S)
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #17193 on: February 21, 2020, 12:06:14 pm »
@WB - you are just lucky! we are in a false spring here in Yosemite. Hitting near 60 all week. Snowpack at 58%. River is well below the 102 year seasonal average.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #17194 on: February 21, 2020, 09:44:58 pm »
We've had a very warm, wet winter with over 20" of rain so far. We have had 3 snows, two were 4" and  2" yesterday.  Very few nights at 32 deg or below with only a couple in the 20s. 
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #17195 on: February 22, 2020, 10:02:28 am »
Ben and Pat--send some of that our way, will you?
T
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17196 on: February 24, 2020, 06:21:46 am »
Ya been wet and warm here most of the winter but calling for low 20's this week and snow Wednesday. Can't seem to make up it's mind. ??? Great weekend with lots of shooting , also got my new Osage ready to shoot and a couple of knives ready to shape. Got brats to stuff this morning for GregB, I think about 300 then I think we are all done with that. :-\ In a hurry and running late so I will have a few pictures of the weekend up later this week. Hope yall have a good one, I am off to the farm. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17197 on: February 24, 2020, 03:46:59 pm »
Nice day, got all Greg's brats done, a little over 200 , so I have been on the stuffing end of about 1100 total this year, WOW, glad they are done for now.Had some plumbing issues at the house also , got that fixed this evening so I am free again until the next thing. ??? ::) :-\ Here are a few pictures of the weekend, like I said good time but not much shop time. Handle glued up on my Osage handle wrapper with hemp cordage and tip over lays[deer horn tips] I usually don't do all that until after it has been shot quite a bit but this one was looking so good I think it will be fine, time will tell of course. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17198 on: February 24, 2020, 03:49:13 pm »
Sally hunting  ;) Chuck showed up with the 2 knife projects he has been working on the last few weeks and Mark showed up to work on the tip over lays on his new Osage. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17199 on: February 24, 2020, 03:54:39 pm »
My Osage ready to go, 49@ 25 and plane on shooting it in from there to about 26 inches, should come in a little over 50lbs and that is what I was wanting.Also got a couple more blades shaped and ready to taper the blades to an edge before re tempering.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17200 on: February 24, 2020, 03:58:09 pm »
That's it for this week, now got to pack and get ready to head over to Buck Hollow Thursday for the Spring Fling, that should be fun, cold weather but is supposed to be dry. YES,had enough rain for a while. Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #17201 on: February 25, 2020, 12:12:57 pm »
Thanks Pappy  :OK ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline KHalverson

« Reply #17202 on: February 25, 2020, 05:24:57 pm »
pappy
your knife blanks are really looking good
that chefs knife will look good with that snakewood.
the neck knife is really a looker also.

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #17203 on: February 26, 2020, 05:30:06 am »
Great pics. Thanks to all. This thread is one of the things that keep me grounded and enjoying life.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17204 on: February 26, 2020, 06:26:10 am »
Thanks Kevin much appreciated. Thanks Chief, this stuff I do does the same for me, keeps me grounded. ;) :) Got to finish getting my stuff together today and headed out to Buck Hollow for a shoot tomorrow about noon until about mid day Saturday. Going to be cold but really looking forward to the get away. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good