Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4630562 times)

Offline HH~

Re: Life is good
« Reply #17280 on: March 30, 2020, 08:57:03 am »
Good to see you guys Dave. Prolly see you in the woods next week. Leave me a uneducated bird to kill with selfbow!

Those whitetail tenderloins with onions over hot Osage coals hit the spot Sat for lunch.

Marks daughter just wore out that Vintage Bear bow. By end of day she was tearing up the elk foam outline from 25yds.

Had a gud time.

Think if found another big stave I threw in my deer skinning shed last summer. Was buried under a pile of studs i had left from framing.

Shawn~

MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Chosin1N

« Reply #17281 on: March 30, 2020, 08:27:18 pm »
Pappy,

Keely and I had a great time Saturday. She wanted to come back out on sunday to shoot again but figured out she had some college papers to do. Was fun just watching her have such a good time shooting

Shawn,

Thanks for working with Keely and loaning her a bow to shoot.

Mark
Mark

If you consider an unsuccessful hunt to be a waste of time, then the true meaning of the chase eludes you all together.   -Fred Bear-

Offline chamookman

« Reply #17282 on: March 31, 2020, 02:36:27 am »
I think You have that Splice thing down Pappy  :BB ! Thanks for sharing  (=) - Bob !
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #17283 on: March 31, 2020, 06:17:32 am »
Thanks Bob, ya they went well. You are welcome Mark, enjoyed her company. Yep Shawn the inner loins hit the spot. I got the snaky billets all laid out yesterday and worked down to the lines, it is going to be one wicked looking bow if it all comes together. :-\  I also got my new tiller un crated and hooked up to the tractor yesterday, It worked great. I got a little area all worked up for Shawn and my Blackberries, glad I done it yesterday before all the rain comes in today. Rain today so maybe some more shop time,either bow or knife, haven't decided yet. :-\ ??? ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17284 on: April 01, 2020, 04:36:12 pm »
Man it is peaceful around now. ;) :) Had a good day at the cabin with just me and the girls.  ;) Got a sheath finished for my big knife and also made some good head way on the snaky billets Will and I put together. I got it almost floor tillered and ready for just a little bit of tweaking of the limbs. Not going to do much, just straighten out a couple of the small kinks in both limbs, then tiller what I have. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17285 on: April 05, 2020, 05:10:09 pm »
Great weekend, a little slow at the cabin but had a few brave friends show up, also my buddies from AK.[John and Bo] showed up for some turkey hunting, also got a big surprise this morning before I left the cabin. Beau brought Margaret Ann and Bodhi down for a visit, guess he thought it was safe down there with PapPap and the girls. :) :) :) First time I have seen them in over 2 weeks and I loved it. Few pictures. :)Made some head way on my snake bow and also finished the sheath for my big knife.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17286 on: April 05, 2020, 05:12:58 pm »
Shawn and BigA showed up for some ax handle and bow work. Had to do some serious tweaking on one end of my snake bow. :)
Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17287 on: April 05, 2020, 05:15:24 pm »
Got it all straightened out, then lunch and started on the 2nd set of billets WILL and I spliced. Snake bow all lined up down the handle. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17288 on: April 05, 2020, 05:19:55 pm »
Got the 2nd bow floor tillered and ready for the long string, in between I made a stand for one of my last knives. Then went back to the snake bow and got it ready to brace. Shawn made me a string and I got it out to about 10 inches, had a few creaks in the hard hooks but so far so good, keeping my fingers crossed. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17289 on: April 05, 2020, 05:22:43 pm »
Shawn cleaning up some racks from last season, the girls love the scraps. I cut some nocks in my 2nd Osage and it is ready for the long string. My buddy John killed a nice Turkey Saturday morning, man them guys love to Turkey hunt. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17290 on: April 05, 2020, 05:25:09 pm »
Supplies for me, love it. :) Shawn working on a G Fred style quiver. :) He stays about as busy as I do. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17291 on: April 05, 2020, 05:32:48 pm »
Shawn getting his concave back Osage down to limb thickness and Mark hard at it on his daughters bow, he has it pretty bad, got 2 going now, the Osage and a Hickory, we told it it was addictive.  ;) Then Saturday evening Woody showed up with some fish for my pond, 5 nice 3/4 lb large mouth bass and 12 Blue gill and Shell cracker, that's a start. Great time for sure. Hope yall had a good one also. STAY SAFE Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #17292 on: April 05, 2020, 06:42:32 pm »
Those fish look great!  All of the bass and bluegills in Loch Badger winter killed  :'( just when we could have used them, too!  Always looks like a great time at your place, Pappy.

T
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour

Offline chamookman

« Reply #17293 on: April 06, 2020, 02:05:57 am »
That Snakey one is really coming along - gonna be a looker  :BB ! Thanks for sharing and stay safe Pappy ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline HH~

« Reply #17294 on: April 06, 2020, 09:58:40 am »
Yes my arms were a little sore after the weekend. Took a bit to loosen up on the range.

Wondering where our Blackberries are at??

HH~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW