Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4611382 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #17325 on: April 19, 2020, 03:09:13 pm »
Lots of supplies. ;) :) Thats it for the weekend, hope yall enjoyed and had a good one also.  Life is Good. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #17326 on: April 19, 2020, 03:21:56 pm »
Looks like a good weekend Pappy.  I'll sure miss seeing you and the guys this spring.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17327 on: April 19, 2020, 03:23:15 pm »
Yep you would be rolling in , in less than a week. :(
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #17328 on: April 19, 2020, 05:55:19 pm »
Guess I'll have to be there through the pictures again this year at least until November. I was really looking forward to the Classic this year. Y'all be safe, looks like more bad weather headed your way.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline chamookman

« Reply #17329 on: April 20, 2020, 02:55:02 am »
Thanks Pappy  :OK ! Everyone is starting to get Stir-Crazy up here  :'( - Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline BrianS

« Reply #17330 on: April 20, 2020, 05:24:19 am »
Pappy,
We have the same thing going on up here with the birds pecking out holes in the 3d targets in the necks.
Your target repairs/painting look very good. At one time, We had a crew of guys who repaired and painted targets every Winter inside our Clubhouse. We used a small block of high density foam inserted into the worn out vital and then covered the section with great stuff foam spray insulation. One Summer, we tried a paint sprayer outside similar to what is in your pictures. The sprayer worked very well. Much better results than with a brush. Only problem we had was that it used a bunch of paint. The last few years, we have sent out the vitals to a guy in Ohio to repair with some sort of foam he developed. He repairs the vital, puts score rings back and they turn out pretty good. With the high cost of targets you have to squeeze out as much as you can out of them.
Thanks as always for posting.
brian

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17331 on: April 20, 2020, 06:07:05 am »
Will miss you Eddie, yes it looks like a rainy week , but ha it is the week before the Classic week what do you expect. :) Ya Bob same here. ??? Ya Brian we try to keep a nice 25 target practice range up and it requires a lot of work, lucky we have Dan right now that loves repairing them. We buy mid's for the ones that take them but some of the bigger older targets don't have them , so Dan cuts the worn kill area out and fills it with some kind of foam he gets from where he use to work and then takes great pain it trying to paint them back close to the way they were. He does a great job at little cost. We have a shed full [around 180] of new or almost new Rinehart's but as you said with the cost of targets and of course this year with no income :(  we need to get all we can from the old ones. Hope yall have a great week, I am headed to the farm to see what I can get into. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #17332 on: April 20, 2020, 07:30:05 am »
This will suk but I bet since the Classic is off the weather that weekend will be glorious. Funny how that stuff works. There's a way to get back at the rian gods. Break out that Brown Water Jug and throw the cork into the fire.

HH~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17333 on: April 20, 2020, 08:33:45 pm »
You are probably right Shawn. ??? The weather will most likely be beautiful. O well I got things to do to keep my mind off of not having the Classic. Got my RD bow out to 42@20 today and the handle and tips worked down a bit then helped Dan work on the practice range to get ready for Saturday's club shoot if anyone shows up. :-\  That should be fun. Also killed a bearded hen this morning [my first bearded hen] and had to get her taken care of so had a pretty busy day. :) Life is a little different right now, but still Good. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #17334 on: April 21, 2020, 05:15:45 am »
Congrats on the bearded hen.What are you doing to the bearded hen?
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17335 on: April 21, 2020, 05:54:30 am »
Nothing really special Ed, got to much stuff mounted already :)  just skinned and got the meat , of course saved the wings and tail feathers and will do something with the bread and feet, not sure what yet. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #17336 on: April 21, 2020, 07:37:05 am »
Yes I hear ya.Things accumulate.Seen some pretty neat different ways of showing a turkey mount without actually mounting them fully.A full mount is rather expensive really.
A buddy of mine showed one of his with the wings/breast feathers/and feet against some old barn wood.Something a person could do themselves.
It's about like shooting a doe with spike antlers.Which happens now and then.I think you've done that too correct?
Guess I just like oddities.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 08:10:22 am by BowEd »
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline chamookman

« Reply #17337 on: April 22, 2020, 02:16:14 am »
I used the Beard from a Jake, to make a Pan Brush for My Flinter -works real good ! :G Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17338 on: April 22, 2020, 06:58:34 am »
I like odd stuff also Ed,all the stuff I have gathered I guess when I am gone won't mean much to most but it means a lot to me and that is really all that counts. never shot a doe with horns but shot one once with white legs, made a gun rack out of them. :) I will do something with it, just ant figured out what. That sound cool Bob, now if I just had a flinter. ???  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17339 on: April 23, 2020, 06:07:14 am »
Hope yall have a great weekend, headed to the cabin for a few days, Shawn and I plan on Turkey hunting in the morning and Dave O [Otis] is coming in sometime today also. We have a club meeting and club shoot Saturday morning if anyone shows up  :-\  so between shop work /Hunting and some shooting it should be a fun weekend. Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good