Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4649084 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #17595 on: August 30, 2020, 04:33:23 am »
Thanks guys, I am off !!!!!! , see ya in a couple of weeks. Life is good. ;) ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17596 on: September 05, 2020, 12:17:35 pm »
Came into Meeker for some supplies, had some close encounters but can’t close the deal yet,seeing elk, mule deer and even Moose, have a great time with Beau and putting lots of miles on these boots. See y’all in a week or so with stories and pictures . Life is good . Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17597 on: September 12, 2020, 05:33:06 am »
Well we are back, got back yesterday, was up for 36 hours so needed some rest, I will have pictures and stories when I catch up here a bit, we didn't kill anything but had some close encounters and just an all round great time, the mountains are so beautiful and peaceful , we got to hunt in some snow also so that made things even more special, left the 40's and hardly any humidity to the 90's and humid as heck, quite a change .Put about 85 miles on my boots and Beau over 100 in the mountains , that boy is like a mountain goat, I tried to keep up best I could but just to many years I guess, ???  done really good over all and didn't hold him back much. ;) Can't wait to share some pictures. Life is Good. Now down to the cabin this morning to do some unpacking and putting away and planting a couple more food plots before the coming rain, also the 20 target part of the 28th annual White tail Classic is today!!! It's almost time to hunt something I know a little more about (White tail)  ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #17598 on: September 12, 2020, 06:14:14 am »
Welcome back to you and Beau. Looking forward to pics and stories.  (=)   :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline chamookman

« Reply #17599 on: September 13, 2020, 01:48:57 am »
Glad You had a Great trip  :OK ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline HH~

« Reply #17600 on: September 14, 2020, 08:09:36 am »
Classic was gud fun. Gil shot that Coffey bow very well. Thought there be more Selfbows?

Coyote did not fool the Hedge. He knows a sucka shot when he sees one. Think that shot prolly cost “Shooter” high SB round.

Welcome back from high country. Good to see you ready for big Tennessee Whitetails.
Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17601 on: September 15, 2020, 06:14:54 am »
Ya the Deer Classic turned out well, I shot like crap but O well, never seen anyone win it on target score alone, need to take a deer. I am glad to be home but lots to catch up on after 2 weeks being gone, Got my last 2 food plots out and bush hogged yesterday, now get the grass mowed and the pool closed and just maybe I can call myself caught up, ::)  not sure how I did all this when I had a real Job. ??? :-\ ;) :) I am working on pictures and will have them up soon, got some great shots of some beautiful country, now back to catch up for another day or so. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #17602 on: September 15, 2020, 06:39:57 am »
Lots of deer abouts this year here in central Tenn. Lack of any winter in 19-20 and plenty rain in summer 20. Corn will be out very early thanks to May frost and wet ground. Seen where they are shelling alreDy.
Yep gotta get my pool closed but water temp is still 80 so i will swim another week or so. Do my laps and such. Will pull some cards and see what sector these deer are using most now. I betting its these very late beans this fella near me planted. Dont think they will even make. Deer food im guessing for gun hunters come Nov.

C ya in a day or so.
Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17603 on: September 15, 2020, 06:46:17 pm »
Ya , got no cards to pull but I can see from the sign they are in the corn right now, very poor mass crop this year, a few red oaks loaded and that's about it, I suspect the corn will be the answer at least for the early part of the season. Still have trouble getting my pictures of the camera I took and used mostly out west, need Miss Joanie's help, hope to get the downloaded in a day or 2. I have a few of the early part I will share off my old reliable camera.Getting packed up for the trip, the girls know something they ant going to like is going on. ;) I also want to thank Bill and Shawn for taking such good care of them while I was gone, nothing like having good friends you can count on. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17604 on: September 15, 2020, 06:47:52 pm »
Note the signage on the back, :) inside you would think we were going for the winter. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17605 on: September 15, 2020, 06:49:01 pm »
Coming into the mountains. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17606 on: September 15, 2020, 06:50:34 pm »
Base camp set up, 12x20 so plenty of room for 2 folks.
Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17607 on: September 15, 2020, 06:54:14 pm »
Beautiful camp grounds, you could hunt right out of camp if you wanted, and some do, we elected to spike camp 4 or 5 mile in and would come back to base camp every few days. Got lots more pictures and stories and soon as I can get the processed. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #17608 on: September 16, 2020, 01:55:33 am »
Cool Camp _ welcome Home & Thanks for sharing  (=) ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #17609 on: September 16, 2020, 05:06:09 am »
Thanks Pappy! Great stuff so far. Can't wit to get to spike camp.