Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4650450 times)

Offline Chief RID

Re: Life is good
« Reply #17745 on: November 17, 2020, 06:52:01 am »
Great picks! I am so glad you are having fun. You are doing a great job of using and sharing what the Creator has made you caretaker of. Good job brother!!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #17746 on: November 22, 2020, 03:51:49 pm »
Thanks Chief, as I have said before I feel really Blessed to have this place and can't imagine not sharing it.  :) Another great week, full of hunting ,processing deer and work in the shop. Here are a few pictures. I have so much raw hide ready to tan that I have given Jesse the last 3 deer I got in for him to work with, he has been hard at it. He don't hunt any more so hide work is right up his ally , I usually work on them after deer season when I have plenty of time, very time consuming process.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17747 on: November 22, 2020, 03:57:03 pm »
Shawn got the splice we cut the other day all glued up, turned out nice, he is putting BL handle on it that will look very cool I think, we are also starting to add back to the wood pile, got lots cut still laying in the woods, just need to get it hauled and stacked, we go through a lot of wood over the year. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17748 on: November 22, 2020, 04:09:16 pm »
Had a great but short hunt with Shawn Tuesday morning, he was in what I call the Honey Hole stand [everyone has one of them] It is just a great travel area that many many deer have been taken from over the years. I was a couple 100 yards south of him in another stand , I had this buck pass me a 10 yards to the east but no shot, 5 minutes later Shawn text me and said he had just shot a nice one, this was 15 minutes after shooting light, so it happened quick, we went and got Sister, we could have sure found him without her but she need the practice and reinforcement , so when we do need her she will know what we are looking for. He made a fine shot and the Buck was down with in 50/60 yards.Great time for sure. 140 lb 11 point.  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17749 on: November 22, 2020, 04:15:54 pm »
By the way Hole in the Bow Chuck took his first TN. deer from this stand, Eddie Parker took his first bow kill deer from this stand and many youth
 have taken their first from it, just a special place.  Then a nice lunch and some shop work. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17750 on: November 22, 2020, 04:21:39 pm »
A couple times a year I do arrows for cub scouts , for some kind of ceremony to move up to boy scouts, this is the first 3 for this year. Dave [otis] brought me some new potato's when he was in last week, I got them all cleaned up and ready for use, man they are good. I also had another deer given to me, it is now boned and in the cooler waiting processing. :) Hope that's the last for a while, my freezer is getting full, guess that's a good problem to have. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17751 on: November 22, 2020, 04:23:43 pm »
Girls are fat and sassy, broke my Kobota key so had to make another, deer antler. Shawn and Mark laying out Mark's next project. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17752 on: November 22, 2020, 04:29:35 pm »
Got my Yew bow to brace, now just need to take some weight off and keep it even. Jesse on another hide from the deer given to me. That will be 3 and should keep him busy for a while.Dan gave me this he got while in the service, thought it would make a good addition for the cabin, if I can find a place to hang it. I helped Mark skin his RD bow, it was his first time and he caught on quick, I told him it ant rocket science , just take a little patients.  ???
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17753 on: November 22, 2020, 04:32:39 pm »
Skins turned out nice, Brandon showed up and doing a little work on his recurve. Jesse brought his girls down, man that little one has grown, hadn't seen her in about a year, she is a real rounder for sure.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17754 on: November 22, 2020, 04:36:02 pm »
Mark's skins all dry and ready to trim, Jesse done some mushroom hunting and came home with this,[ Lions main] he said it was good for lots of stuff, I ant sure so I will take his word for it, I JUST ANT EATING IT.  ;) :) :) :) little resting around the fire and me getting ready for a nice quite supper, the new potato's and really good mashed. :)  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17755 on: November 22, 2020, 04:44:33 pm »
I use my Granny's masher for potato's , it works great and brings back lot of memories of her in the kitchen using it, along with green beans and venison stake, man what a supper. Don't hardly ever hunt on Sunday, day of rest ya know :)  but will be back after them in the morning, supposed to be 35 here in the morning with light NW wind, should be good and I am sure it will be Deer or not. :) Hope yall had a good one also. :) Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #17756 on: November 22, 2020, 06:44:22 pm »
Pappy, Jesse sure makes framing deer hides look easy, nice and even and square. Nice Buck HH

Offline chamookman

« Reply #17757 on: November 23, 2020, 01:39:52 am »
That Tater Masher is way cool  (A) ! Thanks as always Pappy - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17758 on: November 23, 2020, 04:15:19 am »
Thanks Bob , and yes O Bob he makes it look easy, I learned from him but still can't do it as fast and efficient as he can.  :)Headed to the woods, hope to have more stories to tell.  ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Chosin1N

« Reply #17759 on: November 23, 2020, 11:17:50 am »
Really happy with the way that bow come out Pappy. Whole lot of firsts with that bow. First billet bow, first R/D, and first with skins. Absolutely happy with how it's coming along. Much thanks to you and Shawn for the tips and tricks to get that one where it is.

Mark II
Mark

If you consider an unsuccessful hunt to be a waste of time, then the true meaning of the chase eludes you all together.   -Fred Bear-