Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4610304 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #17805 on: December 10, 2020, 06:34:10 am »
 Ya he about ripped the shed down,Not good Clint, he went on my naughty list  >:(, gave me one more project that I hadn't planned on. ??? I was mad at first but wandered off by myself, took a deep breath and got over it pretty quick. ;) That's why I don't like anyone operating my tractors, I was gone for just a few minutes to check on my heads boiling, he was only trying to help so I quickly forgave him, ;) still sucks though. Headed down today to haul out some logs Bill has cut for fire wood, got 7 or 8 12/15 foot logs to drag up close to the wood pile, every year I have several
Big trees go down , Bill gets them cut to length and I drag them to the pit, Miss Joanie says it is the Good Lord telling me it is time to timber again. :-\ :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #17806 on: December 10, 2020, 06:47:55 am »
Wow, Most of us were running Havester's, Fords and Deere's before we even rode bicycles. That's a hard break. Lucky he knows how to do carpentry work.

HH~

MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17807 on: December 11, 2020, 06:18:35 am »
O Goober knows how to operate equipment, he just had a laps in concentration , I have had that also from time to time, cool thing is , it isn't something that can't be fixed with a little work. ;) :) Headed to the cabin this morning, got lots of little projects to do, dragging more logs, boiling another head and some hide work to top the list,also another deer to process if the rain comes in like they say it will, who knows what else, I like staying busy  ;) :) :) Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #17808 on: December 11, 2020, 06:46:49 am »
Pappy I love my brother and he’s been running equipment since he learned to ride a bike. However he had those moments to. Sometimes it makes me so mad. Often if he would just say my bad I’d get over it quickly, but he always has a excuse. And he always “just bumped it “. lol sometimes that’s all it takes to completely destroy something.

Like you said though at least it was something that can be fixed. Gotta be careful around people though. It’s so easy to miss something and get someone hurt.

Have a great Margaret Ann and Bodhi wen.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #17809 on: December 11, 2020, 07:24:27 am »
Hard to believe someone let Goober operate a tractor. Bless his heart, shizam, guess poor, ol’ Goober can be like his cousin Gomer at times.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #17810 on: December 11, 2020, 07:29:57 am »
Every now and then I bump something with the bucket on my tractor that I hadn't planned on touching. Nothing but skinned trees and a slightly off kilter rock wall so far but I don't let the guys I hire for yard work run my tractor anywhere close to my house, it is too easy to goof up if you aren't used to not being able to see exactly where you are going because of the bucket.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17811 on: December 13, 2020, 02:56:03 pm »
Ya Eric I do the same thing with my new JD, my old 20-30 JD don't have the bucket or roof, so I really have to keep my head on straight when I am on the new one, lots of stuff to watch especially when I am in the woods on my trails. Great weekend, got everything I wanted to get done,done plus a few other odds and ends. A few pictures of the fun. Jesse and I have hides racked everywhere trying to get them in the sun. He got 2 done and I finished my 8 point hide and ready for tanning when I get around to it. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17812 on: December 13, 2020, 02:59:32 pm »
Got my deer head ready to boil. :) Running out of hide racks so Bill cut some cedar, new racks on the way. ;) :)Also hauled out some logs for the wood pile, I have a lot of trees go down and we don't let them go to waste,Wood pile is looking better now. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17813 on: December 13, 2020, 03:03:12 pm »
I have a couple old home places on my farm, Shawn and I hauled out some chimney  rock to make a small wall and level for the equipment we plan on moving around in the shop. Head in the boil. ;) Shawn back on the hickory staves. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17814 on: December 13, 2020, 03:05:43 pm »
Hide work, arrow work and bow work, we were all busy. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17815 on: December 13, 2020, 03:08:43 pm »
Got Dan's Osage back on the form for some final tweaking. I got my big 202 lb buck on the rack and Jesse just doing what he does. ;) :) :) That boy is stout. ??? :) :) We also got the wood lath moved and leveled up, trying to open up the area by my work bench, just need more room. ::)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17816 on: December 13, 2020, 03:13:00 pm »
Got my deer head finished also made a sheath from some left over hide,turned out pretty good, just needs some stitching up now.  :) Then I moved to the kitchen to process a deer. Seems that never ends this year, I guess it's a good problem to have. :) :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 03:27:42 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17817 on: December 13, 2020, 03:14:59 pm »
Put up 16 more lbs of burger and lots of steaks and roast. Then back to the shop to help Shawn out on the Hickory staves. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17818 on: December 13, 2020, 03:18:14 pm »
We got a lot to do on the Hickory staves but are coming along. Got my new sander put into place, seems to be working out good. :) Sister full and in her favorite spot. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17819 on: December 13, 2020, 03:20:52 pm »
Sally in her favorite spot also. Hickory stave's left to work, I think we have 50 or so to do. My big hide didn't quite get ready to scrape, I guess that will be this weeks project it the weather will work out. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good