Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4649608 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #17940 on: February 07, 2021, 04:41:17 pm »
Nice fried cat fish supper. Yum. Smoke house still smoking the next morning early. Got more wood for the pile, we get this stacked up we should have enough for the year. Also got my 2 vices ready for the Classic, they work very good for debarking staves. ;) Old pipe fitters vice mounted on a truck frame. They are very stable but hard to move. ??? :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17941 on: February 07, 2021, 04:45:14 pm »
GregB wanted some big bones for some scrimshaw work, so I had my cousin that raises cows save me a few, I boiled them to clean them up. Big A showed up with his latest bow, he retired last week so I expect to see him around more often. Beautiful bow ;) ;).
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17942 on: February 07, 2021, 04:46:56 pm »
Jesse smoking his latest hide.  :) Turned out nice. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17943 on: February 07, 2021, 04:49:43 pm »
Me smoking my latest, it turned out very nice also, better even color on this one. The bones came out clean and white, I am sure Greg will make something nice from these.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17944 on: February 07, 2021, 04:53:41 pm »
Jesse playing for my girls around the fire, My hides out of the smoke house, not as much color as I was hoping for but they look much better and more even than they did ,so I call it a success.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17945 on: February 07, 2021, 04:55:37 pm »
Made a little head way on my knife, ??? I guess a project for this week. ;) :) Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #17946 on: February 08, 2021, 04:09:52 am »
Thanks Pappy ! Colder than a  You now what here - 9 deg for a high, with pretty high winds  (S) ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17947 on: February 08, 2021, 07:06:06 am »
Ya Bob I talked to Rocky yesterday from ElmHall, said it was -2 yesterday morning, burrrrrrrrrrrr, don't get that often here but it is supposed to be in the single digits later in the week , that's cold for us. ;) :) Have to get my girls more shavings and straw in their dog house.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #17948 on: February 08, 2021, 07:25:12 pm »
Those hides look great Pappy.

Yup it’s cold here now and it looks like it’s going to be that way for awhile.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17949 on: February 10, 2021, 09:41:16 am »
Ya BJ, looks like old man winter is settling in on Tennessee also, ice/snow and single digits by the weekend, guess it will warm up soon enough and we will be complaining about the heat. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #17950 on: February 10, 2021, 01:37:36 pm »
I've got an old .22 that looks just like that one.  My dad learned to shoot on it when he was a kid, then my brother and I.  Now it's on generation #3.  There's nothing like a single shot .22 for learning.  And it still can drive nails!  After about two shots, Katie was picking twigs of sagebrush at 20 yards.
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17951 on: February 12, 2021, 08:54:38 am »
Ya WB this one shoots very well, Headed to the cabin in a bit for a few days, cold and ice but I got a roof and will have a good fire. ;) Got a couple of projects going, making some head way on my new knife and put another hide in the brains yesterday so hope to get it soaked and pulled on and pre smoked this weekend, also hope to get the knife blade worked down and ready to re temper. ;) Not sure if I will get it all done but that's the plan, may even throw in a little shooting if the weather allows, supposed to have more sleet/ice and snow tomorrow so today is the day to get that done. ??? Hope yall have a good one. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #17952 on: February 13, 2021, 04:02:12 am »
Have fun Pappy ! Matt & I are heading out Ice Fishing today, hoping for a decent mess of Bluegills  -C- . Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17953 on: February 14, 2021, 01:48:42 pm »
Hope yall caught a bunch. Ya if the weather keeps up we can do some ice fishing here in Tennessee, not above freezing all weekend and through this week, also ice and sleet Saturday and calling for 6-7 inches here tomorrow and off and on all week. Been a long time since we had snow like that, guess we will just wait and see if they are right for once. ;) :) :) :) Had a cold but very good weekend, had a few come out to visit and embrace  the cold, I got done what I wanted so all a good weekend when that happens. Few pictures. Got my next knife laid out Friday and worked on it on and off over the weekend. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17954 on: February 14, 2021, 01:52:47 pm »
Got another hide soaked in the brains and also pre smoked after the 3rd soaking and ringing.  That was a cold job in these temps, working with wet hides in freezing weather is a challenge.  :o Shawn showed up to bear the cold working on yet another bow. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 06:53:35 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good