Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4633569 times)

Offline chamookman

Re: Life is good
« Reply #18030 on: March 17, 2021, 03:39:10 am »
Thoughts and Prayers sent Pappy . Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline HH~

« Reply #18031 on: March 17, 2021, 08:27:09 am »
Sorry to here of this. I know you had spoke of this from time to time Pap. Please tell miss Joanie that we are thinking of her over here on the Adams side of town. If there's anything you need me to take care of the next few days give me a holler. You know I'm here abouts.

Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #18032 on: March 17, 2021, 09:08:27 am »
Thanks guys, much appreciated. Went well yesterday at visitation and if the rain holds off today it would be nice, but will be OK either way, got to do what you got to do. Got to thinking yesterday, man I am getting old, you know that when you can say you have know or been friends with someone for 55 years.  ???
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BrianS

« Reply #18033 on: March 17, 2021, 10:46:33 am »
Pappy,
Thoughts and Prayers sent.
brian

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #18034 on: March 17, 2021, 02:01:57 pm »
Prayers for your sadness. Remember her with laughter.

Here in my neck of the woods winter and spring are dukin it out. Flowers are poppin all over the place then we get a storm. It will be like this til mid April.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18035 on: March 18, 2021, 09:04:46 am »
Thanks guys, all went well. Headed to the cabin this morning to stay a few days and get everything ready for the Saturday shoot, the rain is finely almost all gone and is supposed to be sunny and a little cooler for the weekend, breezy today so maybe it will dry things out a bit, my farm is pretty rocky,  ??? bad when you are planting but good for drying up quick. ;) :) Mike Scott is coming to stay with me so I am sure we will get into something fun, who know what yet but I feel sure we will fine something. :) I am doing some revamping of the bow shop so hope to get the post pulled out and maybe a couple more benches made for vices before the Classic. I pulled 6 post and removed the vices Monday so got to fine a place for them, the post just wouldn't stay tight so got to come up with a plan for them. Hope yall have a good one also.  ;) :)
 Life is Good. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #18036 on: March 18, 2021, 04:20:31 pm »
George Kennedy farm has a bunch of telephone poles if you wanna cut some and roll em on trailer.
Prolly could get Tracy to haul em in dump trailer and just park it.
Shawn
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #18037 on: March 20, 2021, 08:56:01 am »
Sorry to hear about Miss Joanie’s sister Pappy.

Please give Miss Joanie a good hug from all of us.

Still to cold for flowers around here. My wife is the same way. I have found it’s the simplest gifts that make her the happiest. Especially if I took a little extra time to make them or pick them myself.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18038 on: March 21, 2021, 09:04:31 pm »
So true BJ. :) Simple is sometimes better. Had a great weekend, got some stuff finished up in the shop and the shoot Saturday went great. Had 144 total register so a really good start for the year. Also had the Boy Scouts camp for the weekend, working on mapping and other projects, about 40 boys plus leaders, great bunch of kids. Few pictures. Got my last blade heat treated and tempered and handle all glued up, turned out pretty nice.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18039 on: March 21, 2021, 09:08:41 pm »
Got all the vice post pulled out of the shop and a new bench built for the vices, still like a few , just need to figure the best spot to
 best utilize the room we have. We will get it figured out before the Classic.  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18040 on: March 21, 2021, 09:11:45 pm »
Lunch and a little break for me and the girls. Saturday morning Beau/Christina and my grand kids showed up for the shoot, had a great time with them on the range. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18041 on: March 21, 2021, 09:15:07 pm »
Margaret Ann is just learning but having fun for sure, :) you can tell from the last picture she is going to be a true instinctive shooter like her PapPap.  ??? ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18042 on: March 21, 2021, 09:20:20 pm »
The scouts had a great time also,Done a lot of mapping and fire wood splitting alone with all kinds of just goofing around the way 10/17 year old boys do and what better place to do it but in the woods and creeks,all in all a beautiful day that I truly enjoyed. Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Morgan

« Reply #18043 on: March 21, 2021, 10:50:55 pm »
Pappy, looks like y’all had a good weekend.Love that blade. You have better luck with files than I do, all that I’ve tried but one cracked in the quench right in line with one of the file teeth. I’ve ground the teeth flat where ya can’t tell it’s a file any more and not had that issue, but what’s the use in using a file if you can’t tell what it once was. Good job on it.

Offline chamookman

« Reply #18044 on: March 22, 2021, 04:00:06 am »
Thanks Pappy ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.