Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4610934 times)

Offline HH~

Re: Life is good
« Reply #18090 on: April 13, 2021, 01:38:27 pm »
Yep, you get run over by that bush hog or that big tiller and yer meat on a stick to be sure. See ya in a day or two and let me know when that bark starts getting trucked in!

Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #18091 on: April 15, 2021, 08:46:28 am »
Hopefully it will start coming in today Shawn, we will see.  :-\ I have been busy this week working on my old Dodge, it has given me fits , if I can't get it going by this evening it is just going to have to wait. Got to much to finish up around Twinoaks, I got another truck anyway so no real big deal, just love my Old Dodge. Headed to Sam's today for the final supply run and then this weekend we are finishing up the ranges. Hope the mulch is in also, that is the last BIG job for me around the place. Got people coming in as early as the 23rd and several over the 24/25 so we need to get stuff finished !!!!!!!!!!!
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #18092 on: April 15, 2021, 08:52:50 am »
Hope we can start spreading Friday. Monday or Tuesday I have to go to Huntsville and pickup some junk. We get the bark done this coming week and purdyed up no worries.

It always gets done and it works out just fine.  Gonna be a big show for sure! After a year of lockups and downs yer going to have a huge Bow show .

Hedge~

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18093 on: April 15, 2021, 11:37:14 pm »
No wood chips when I left today but I did get my last trip to Sam's done and put away, also got another distributor for my Dodge, don't happen often but the first new one was bad, I thought so but just wasn't sure. :-\ I put the new distributor in and it started so fast it scared me, made my day!!!!! :OK Like I said I got bigger fish to fry right now and don't need to be spending time wrenching on my truck. If the wood chips come in I plan on working on them this weekend, if not I will be working on putting up vendors tents and ranges, we got several things in mind that I think will make the courses special and people will like. ;) Not sure what to expect, of course you really never do, but this year seems different, getting calls for all over and it seems after talking to several, people are just wanting to get out. Looking forward to the Classic either way that is for sure. :) Last year was so sad and this year is full of anticipation and excitement.  (SH) (=)Headed down early in the morning so I will see yall Monday Good Lord willing. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #18094 on: April 16, 2021, 08:27:46 am »
I be down soon. Need to put that battery and cables in that dump trailer. Tracy left the stuff with me before going Sucker Gigging up north for weekend.

Emmmmn, Pickled Cold Water Spring Suckers.

HH~

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18095 on: April 18, 2021, 06:25:49 pm »
Great weekend, got a lot done to get ready for the Classic and also a few things done in the shop. Got the TwinOaks raffle bow finished and ready for the table, 4 coats of tru oil and 3 coats of Satin Polly.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18096 on: April 18, 2021, 06:28:10 pm »
Last coat of tru oil going on. GregB still doing bow lay outs and Shawn working on a block for a handle. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18097 on: April 18, 2021, 06:30:32 pm »
Jesse working on his napping skills  ;) :) :) Got the vendor tent up and most of the signage complete.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18098 on: April 18, 2021, 06:32:46 pm »
Buck eye trees looking good. Took some time to help Shawn do some steam bending of some hooks in a Hickory bow, they came out nice. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18099 on: April 18, 2021, 06:35:50 pm »
Then went out to check out the ranges, they are looking very good. I think we have 87 targets on the A range and around 80 on the B range, mostly for looks but some pick ones and a few bonus shots.  :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18100 on: April 18, 2021, 06:37:10 pm »
More from the ranges. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18101 on: April 18, 2021, 06:39:24 pm »
More on the ranges, if you want to see more , guess you will just have to stop by. ;) :) :) :) My girls after a long day in the woods, they were worn out. :o
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18102 on: April 18, 2021, 06:43:25 pm »
Both tips on Shawn's bow finished and Jesse mounting a blade he just finished up. Both turned out nice.  :)

Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18103 on: April 18, 2021, 06:45:45 pm »
Mark2 doing a small matching repair on a pin knot and Jesse work on his fire building skills.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18104 on: April 18, 2021, 06:47:22 pm »
Nice little fire drill fire to end a prefect weekend. Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good