Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4632288 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #18360 on: September 12, 2021, 06:38:08 pm »
My girls just hanging out. :) Can't get in right now to see my ear doctor because of all this junk going on so Miss Joanie brought me a cheaper pair just to try out, they work very well and I am hearing things that I haven't heard in years, pretty cool , the Deer better watch out, no slipping up on me now. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18361 on: September 12, 2021, 06:42:13 pm »
Bush hogged about 4 hours a day Thursday and Friday and got all my trails done for the year, now won't have to wade weed getting to my stands. Got covered up with chiggers last week putting up stands so this should help with that. Will showed up and had made a nice rock run, also putting together a knife from a blade he just finished.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18362 on: September 12, 2021, 06:47:06 pm »
Will also made a mushroom run and came up with a pretty good bunch, not sure what they are but he and Jesse said they were good ones  :-\ :-\ ??? Jesse and I also worked on a couple of big hides we had froze, made some head way but they still like a little being dry. Will working on his knife, he was putting the logo of his new band on the handle.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18363 on: September 12, 2021, 06:49:45 pm »
After the shoot was about over friends starting showing up for the bash Saturday evening, we had burgers/deep fried wings/fries and lot of dishes the ladies brought, very good feed. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 07:02:50 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18364 on: September 12, 2021, 06:51:07 pm »
Lots of kids and wives showed up, about 40 in all.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18365 on: September 12, 2021, 06:59:03 pm »
Margaret Ann and Bodhi were there along with several other kids about there age, they had a ball on the swing/bridge and in the creek. Of course Margaret Ann wanted to ride the Kobota, so we road all over the farm, I let her set in my lap and drive , this is her second time to drive it and is coming along nicely, I think by the time her legs will reach the peddles she will be good to go.
Great time for sure, this is something we have done for over 40 years about 2 weeks before Deer season opens, mainly because most all hunt pretty hard and we don't get to see each other a lot until Spring, kind of the last big get together before we all go out separate ways in the winter. :) By the way Margaret Ann had on what she calls her PapPap overalls , only they are pink. ;) :) That's my Girl.  :) Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 07:07:07 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GlennM

« Reply #18366 on: September 12, 2021, 08:32:19 pm »
Looks like  real time. We are trying to get all our chores tied up here to before hunting season. Splitting and stacking firewood is next weeks project. Have. Good one.

Offline chamookman

« Reply #18367 on: September 13, 2021, 04:09:53 am »
Thanks Pappy  (=) ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18368 on: September 17, 2021, 08:16:52 am »
Good to hear all is well Glenn, and you are welcome Bob. Headed to the cabin in a bit, got several things to do , also we are having a Nap in this weekend, Bill is kind of heading it up but I will be there for support if needed.Got several already showed up and expect more today, even on James Parker and family is coming in And Carson and June are already there, hope Bill didn't bite of more than he can chew, last year we had a bout 40, sounds like we may have more this year. Also on another note today is my Birth Day, 69 years old and man has it be a good ride, Miss Joanie ask what I wanted to do, of course I said the same thing I do most every day, go to the farm and enjoy My girls,friends and fellowship. ;) :) :) Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good. :) ;) ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #18369 on: September 17, 2021, 09:31:25 am »
Happy 69th Pappy. To me you are still a spring chicken. Wishing you many more to come.   :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #18370 on: September 17, 2021, 01:16:06 pm »
Happy Birthday Pappy!

Offline BrianS

« Reply #18371 on: September 17, 2021, 09:31:09 pm »
Happy Birthday! Enjoy your day!

Offline chamookman

« Reply #18372 on: September 18, 2021, 04:31:50 am »
Happy Birthday Pappy, I turned the same age a Month ago  (=) ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18373 on: September 19, 2021, 06:28:59 pm »
Thanks guys , it was a great birth day weekend. I worked on knives in the shop mostly and watching all the rock breaking going on around me, also took a couple of hours and hung a couple more stands around some good white oaks dropping. ;) Blade heat treated and tempered, ready for the handle.James and family showed up early for the Nap in, he went right to it. :) Don't think he ever slept over the weekend. ??? ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18374 on: September 19, 2021, 06:30:58 pm »
Handle glued up and another blade in the works.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good