Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4632819 times)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Life is good
« Reply #18570 on: January 02, 2022, 07:42:08 am »
Happy New Year  Pappy. I’m way behind on this thread . It’s always fun catching up though.

Wishing everyone a Happy Healthy New Year.

Bjrogg

PS I like the neck knives.
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #18571 on: January 02, 2022, 08:08:57 am »
Thanks , been on a knife kick lately but am about out of old files so guess it's time to move on to something else until I can resupply.  ;) :) Ya Ben it was in the 70's here yesterday and a big front came through yesterday evening and highs in the low 40's today dipping down into the teen or low 20's for a while, I like the cold but just wished it would do one or the other, never know how to dress or get use to anything.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #18572 on: January 02, 2022, 09:24:24 am »
By the way Pappy. Went back a little bit. Love your pictures. Please keep it up.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18573 on: January 03, 2022, 08:48:34 am »
Thanks BJ, enjoy sharing them. Snow on the ground here this morning, got a couple of inches last night, just beautiful. Headed to the farm to let the girls out and play,they love it , and maybe do a little walking around. Regular deer season ending yesterday now we have 5 days of doe only for land owners/private land , then the last youth hunt Saturday and Sunday.It has really flew by. ??? I may get out another time or 2. Love to get out this morning but got to take Miss Joanie to town, she don't drive if their is a speck of snow on the road  ;) :) I love driving in it so when it snows I am her driver. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #18574 on: January 03, 2022, 08:55:48 am »
Driving Miss Joanie.    8)   :OK
Snow all around us right but none here.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18575 on: January 03, 2022, 11:27:50 pm »
Yep that's me Pat, ;) she puts up with some much from me I have to be there when she needs me, we got a couple of inches but nothing really on the roads but a little ice for the night freeze.  :) Going down into the high teens tonight, guess winter in finely here at least for a day or 2. ???
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18576 on: January 06, 2022, 06:16:45 am »
Snowing this morning (S) and I am headed woods and to the cabin for a few days, don't get to hunt in the snow much here so i am going to take advantage of the last couple of days of the season, winter has come to Tennessee, high 30 today and low in single digit tonight so the deer should be moving, going to give my new bow one last change . ;) :) Hope yall have a good one also. Life is good.  ;) :) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Parnell

« Reply #18577 on: January 06, 2022, 11:37:48 am »
Hope it’s successful for you, Pappy.  Looking forward to the post.  Hope 2022 treats you and the gang very well and looking forward to seeing you this year.
1’—>1’

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18578 on: January 09, 2022, 03:20:38 pm »
Look forward to seeing you also Steve.  :) Great weekend no deer ???  killed but had fun trying. It was cold and really snowy for us, got about 6 inches at the cabin and that is a lot for us now days. Got to hunt in it so that was special for me, lots of squirrels and saw a couple of deer at 40 yards or so but just didn't come together. Hung out at the fire and shop, also got in some shooting which is cool for us because we hardly ever get to do that. Few pictures  ;) Good fire and got another neck knife ready to finish, brats for lunch and then the snow came. (S) :) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18579 on: January 09, 2022, 03:22:41 pm »
Got the neck knife all glued up. My girls love the snow and just wander around digging and looking for something to chew on. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18580 on: January 09, 2022, 03:27:59 pm »
Spent some time in the stand, had lots of trouble keeping my feathers dry  ;) :) Man it was beautiful though. Then back to the cabin for the last of the fish my FL. buddies left me when they were up in November, very tasty. fried fish/corn bread and pinto beans, hard to bet that for food to warm you up. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18581 on: January 09, 2022, 03:30:02 pm »
Neck knife finished and ready for a sheath, then some fun with my buddies shooting the practice in the snow, very much fun and different for a change. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18582 on: January 09, 2022, 03:34:39 pm »
Neck knife and sheath all finished, I embedded and earth magnet in the sheath to hold the knife , I have lost to many and got the idea from Kevin H. on a neck knife he gave me, works really well so I do it to all my neck knife sheaths now. Hope yall had a good one also, I know I did. ;)
Life is Good.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #18583 on: January 09, 2022, 06:27:58 pm »
Pappy, looks like your north of the mason dixon. Gone all yankee on us.  :oBob

Offline chamookman

« Reply #18584 on: January 10, 2022, 03:52:33 am »
Wow - looks like up here Pappy. Supposed to be a High of 7deg - Brrrrrrrrrr. Thanks as always for sharing  (=) ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.