Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4708614 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #18810 on: April 17, 2022, 05:40:38 pm »
OK Pat and thanks. Good to here from you Brian, hope you can make it back some day.  ;) Yes Ed we are Blessed with a lot of big targets and go all out on this event on setting the range, I think last count Saturday we had around 130 targets in the woods, there is 1 main target at most of the stations [42] to shoot , the rest are just for looks although they do get shot at. ??? ;) :) :) I had a great 3 days and got a few things done in the shop, also had a great working Saturday and most everyone was there. I think we are about ready, just a few more little things left on my list and can call it ready !!!! Hope we have good weather but as prepared as we can be in case we don't.  :) Here are a few pictures. :) Shawn and Joe came by Friday to work on some Osage and I got my Osage ready to brace, also a small piece glued on the handle, Never know but I think this is going to work out, we will see when I get time to get back on it. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18811 on: April 17, 2022, 05:49:05 pm »
Jon and his daughters came down Friday , the girls cleaned the cabin for me, it was in need that's for sure, thanks girls. :) Beau came out and we went in the last bottom across the creek where the Pre 1840 folks camp and set up our new white wall, it was pretty easy to set with just us 2 and i think will make a great Base camp when we go out west, it is a Davis tent out of Colorado   14x16 so plenty of room as the grand kids get older. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18812 on: April 17, 2022, 05:54:17 pm »
I put a deer leg bone handle on a flint blade and also got another blade ready to heat treat and temper. Then Saturday the work really started. We have a great bunch of guys who have done this for many years, we just break up in crews and go at it, it is amazing how much can get done when you all pull together.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18813 on: April 17, 2022, 05:57:56 pm »
We got all the mulching done on the drives and vendor areas , all the flags and other stuff up around the cabin and the ranges set and still took time to shoot a little and set around the fire.  ;) Got to take the time to fit that stuff in. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18814 on: April 17, 2022, 06:02:41 pm »
Has a few that live close coming in setting camps and my friends from AK. came in to turkey hunt, Bo killed a nice one Saturday morning, 9 inch beard,7/8 spurs and weighed 21 lbs. Some shots of the B range the earlier pictures are from the A range. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 06:10:33 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18815 on: April 17, 2022, 06:07:04 pm »
Hope to see some of yall in a week or 2, really looking forward to it !!!! Hope yall had a great weekend also and a Blessed Easter Matt.28:5-6.  :)
Life is Good.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #18816 on: April 19, 2022, 03:19:39 am »
Place looks great Pappy ! love those Wall Tents with a Wood Stove, wonderful thing on a Cold/Damp November Night. Know Your going to be BUSY for a couple of Weeks, so I wish You and Everyone coming to the Farm, I hope For no Rain & safe times  (=) ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18817 on: April 19, 2022, 06:55:19 am »
Thanks Bob, wished you could make it, ya I hope we get dry weather but we will make it through either way and i am sure have some fun along the way. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #18818 on: April 21, 2022, 10:04:06 pm »
One more day and I'm Classic bound.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline BearG

« Reply #18819 on: April 22, 2022, 02:15:46 pm »
Longest day ever  :'(
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18820 on: May 03, 2022, 08:00:48 pm »
Well 1 more Classic in the books, :) had 757 register and lots of others came just to visit and see all the fun. Great weather and done well for the Club, see a lot of old friends and seems everyone had a great time. I am tired but well worth the effort. Here are a few pictures. I stayed down for 14 days and got a knife finished in between getting things ready,I wound up putting this one in the raffle along with another big knife, nice and peaceful early the week before but that didn't last long. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18821 on: May 03, 2022, 08:03:33 pm »
Knife about finished, Will was around doing his thing. My girls just enjoying before the people started showing up, I put them up when it starts and they know that and don't like it much. :( ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18822 on: May 03, 2022, 08:05:35 pm »
Knife finished and stand made. Getting everything set and all the signs out. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18823 on: May 03, 2022, 08:08:45 pm »
Some of mine and Will's bows. My good friends son killed his first turkey the Saturday before the Classic, nice bird. The  folks started rolling in, Out back Bob was one of the first. Great seeing him again, such a great guy and good friend. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: May 03, 2022, 09:03:16 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18824 on: May 03, 2022, 08:10:50 pm »
Davy and Ryan showed up also from NY and PA. Man it was great seeing all these old friends, like a family reunion.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good