Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4649893 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #18870 on: May 15, 2022, 06:21:29 pm »
Knife finished , Knotty bow shot in and ready for finish work and my next Osage out to 45@20 [the one i left the sap wood on the handle area and tips] looking good as of now, we will see how it goes.  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18871 on: May 15, 2022, 06:24:16 pm »
The scouts showed up and went right to work on first add, fire building and knots and pole attachments, I had about 70 total, a large troop and all well behaved young men.  :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 06:44:38 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18872 on: May 15, 2022, 06:26:02 pm »
They stayed really busy and even rebuilt my front fire pit for me, been a while and needed some attention.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18873 on: May 15, 2022, 06:30:30 pm »
I got them the rock and they done the building. ;) I had a guy at the Classic give me a large sack of Morel seed and told me how to plan and care for them so I put them out Saturday 10x12 patch, he showed me where and said they would make more than I can eat, we will see next spring, wished i could remember his name but thanks just the same, i am awful on names. ??? :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18874 on: May 15, 2022, 06:34:39 pm »
Every thing is looking good around the farm, my Yucca, fig trees and fish ponds are loving this weather.  :) I had a lot of alone time this weekend except for a few hours Saturday morning, I love friends of course but I sure get a lot more done when I am alone with just me and the girls. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18875 on: May 15, 2022, 06:41:54 pm »
The TwinOaks group that went to Buck Hollow Saturday morning, Just me and Mike had selfbows and yes Mike beat me  ::), so brag on him next time you see him, ;) he don't care how he comes out in a shoot as long as he beats me, I told him he needed to set his gold's higher.  ;) :) Lot of fun and laughs for sure, I just love it. Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #18876 on: May 16, 2022, 03:28:01 am »
Does My Heart good to see there are still good Scout Troops, enjoyed Scouting too many Years ago. Shoot looks like it was a Great time  (SH). Thanks as always Pappy. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #18877 on: May 16, 2022, 07:29:32 am »
You have a pretty special place there Pappy. Really great that you share it with so many.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18878 on: May 16, 2022, 08:05:03 am »
Thanks, yes BJ I feel very Blessed to have it and can't imagine not sharing it.  ;) Bob, does me good also to see such a bunch of fine young boys, give me hope for the future.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #18879 on: May 16, 2022, 09:41:30 am »
Oh also really curious about he Morels to. Like to see a update about them in the future.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18880 on: May 20, 2022, 07:19:11 am »
I'll let you know how they come out BJ. Got most of my chores finished up around here so headed to the cabin this morning for a couple of days. It should be a peaceful weekend and hope to get another knife finished and the final tillering on the 2 bows I am working on. One just needs to be shot in to see if all stays in place and the other is 45@20 so needs 6 more inches and some weight taken off. We also have a club meeting in the morning and supposed to have a club shoot on the practice range, that is always fun and Lord knows I need the practice. Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18881 on: May 22, 2022, 01:04:08 pm »
Great weekend, hot so spent a lot of time in the shop under the fan, got a lot of projects finished up, also had a good meeting Saturday morning with the Club and then went out for a club shoot, always fun shooting with you buddies. PatB is to good to me, Thanks Pat, along with a antler handle he also gifted me a few items that needed handles at the Classic, I get in the mood to make handles once in a while and this Meat head caught my eye, handle is some old yew scrap I had laying around.  :) I stayed busy along with this handle i also got another knife and stand finished and both the bows i have been working on tillered,shot in and ready to seal up, 1 is 45@26 and the other is 48@26. They both seem to shoot nice and if all goes well will make a trip out west with me in the fall. ;) :)
 Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18882 on: May 22, 2022, 01:06:38 pm »
Blade finished and heat treated , ready for tempering, handle fitted [deer leg bone] and stand started.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18883 on: May 22, 2022, 01:10:50 pm »
Another blade started in my spare time, ;) and stand parts all ready to put together, Jon is making knives and gives me all his scrap pieces , I have been making pretty good use of them, waste not want not. :) About out of old files so i use what I can get.  ;)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 01:28:43 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18884 on: May 22, 2022, 01:17:24 pm »
Knife finished with 3 rub in coats of linseed oil. Then to some bow work, Joe showed up to work on his Osage, we got it out to 35@20, he is looking for 40@28 so lots of wood left to come off,that's a good thing, way better than not having enough.  ;) :)I got the handle and shelf done on my sap wood handle Osage, it's a little bigger than I like but for sure don't want to make it to small and have it bend in the handle area so I guess I will have to live with the size. ??? :-\
 Pappy
« Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 01:29:56 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good