Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4609507 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #18885 on: May 22, 2022, 01:22:12 pm »
Got the grip wrapped on my other Osage, it is hemp cord, also the sap wood tips seem to be holding up good also on the other bow. Got the knife and stand all finished up and another blade ready to grind the tapper, it is going to be the same size as the last one, just a good working size blade.  :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 01:30:54 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18886 on: May 22, 2022, 01:25:51 pm »
I will get some pictures of the 2 bows and full draw pictures when I get someone around, I don't like taking pictures on the tiller tree, very peaceful late evening, all was gone except me and the girls, nice breeze and a beautiful day. Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #18887 on: May 22, 2022, 01:40:19 pm »
Nice work cleaning up the meat hammer and putting on the handle, Pappy. I knew you would find some use for it even if just to hang it on the wall. Another addition to your "Pappy's Museum".  :OK  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline chamookman

« Reply #18888 on: May 23, 2022, 04:37:39 am »
Thanks Pappy  (=) ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Stickhead

• Administrator
« Reply #18889 on: May 23, 2022, 04:23:34 pm »
Never tillered in front of anyone before, so I don’t know what it’s like.  I’d probably feel naked.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18890 on: May 25, 2022, 08:32:41 am »
You are welcome Bob.  ;)Ya Stick I had rather do it when I am by myself also, not really shy, just more focused, as far as pictures on the tilller tree, I just don't like holding them that long at full draw just to get a good picture ,so rather do it while i am shooting and it also gives you a better look at what is really happening when it is in your hand.  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18891 on: May 27, 2022, 08:02:06 am »
Headed to the cabin for a few days, hope yall have a great Memorial day and many thanks to them that gave it all for us, may you always be remembered  :) Life is Good.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18892 on: May 29, 2022, 05:55:36 pm »
Great weekend, lots of shooting, some hiking and some shop work, also several down so some good fellowship. Here are a few pictures. Last knife and stand finished and another ready for heat treating. I said I wasn't going to make any for a while but gave 2 away in the last couple of weeks and need to get my inventory back up.  ;) :) :) :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 06:23:26 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18893 on: May 29, 2022, 05:57:42 pm »
Stand finished on the second one and the handle mounted and ready to finish. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18894 on: May 29, 2022, 05:59:56 pm »
My girls just hanging, I helped Joe get his Osage shooting, this is the first shot out of it and it done great.  :) I think it will be a keeper.  :)
Pappy
« Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 06:24:33 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18895 on: May 29, 2022, 06:06:25 pm »
Some new arrows I am getting tuned for my out west trip. A good friend of mine and his son I let turkey hunt this year came by, I worked for his Father for 37 years, he passed away and they gifted me one of his guns, what a treasure, His name was Fred Detwiller and a very fine man that I miss. They also gifted me an ax/saw combo they said I might use on my trip, hope I get the chance to use it on a Big Elk. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 06:25:16 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18896 on: May 29, 2022, 06:12:25 pm »
Helped joe flip the tips on his bow, cooked some venison back strap  ;) and got the last 2 knives finished. I seem to get a lot give to me, and this bow fishing rig is no different, had a good friend cleaning out his dads garage and found this, he had no use for it so he gifted it to me,he knew I would love it, :) man I have a lot of good friends and feel very Blessed. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18897 on: May 29, 2022, 06:19:52 pm »
Also flipped the tips on my last bow, all it needs now is a little touch up on the tiller and weight and it should be good to go. Cooked some venison brats for lunch.  ;) Jesse came by and made some type of pipe, I said a crack pipe, just joking, ;) :) he told me what it was for but I didn't understand and don't get into all that strange  [to me] stuff he dose, :-\ :-\  any way he done a good job on what ever it is.  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18898 on: May 29, 2022, 06:22:52 pm »
No he's not high in that last picture, :) just really into telling us what this pipe was for. ;) :) Mark found this old skull [bull I think] while out looking for Osage,it is huge,  something else for the wall suppose. ;) Great weekend, hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good.  ;) :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 06:28:58 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #18899 on: May 30, 2022, 03:14:19 am »
Thanks as always Pappy !  (=) Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.