Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4633890 times)

BearG and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #18900 on: June 03, 2022, 07:48:34 am »
 You are welcome bob.  ;)Hope yall have a great weekend, headed to the cabin for a few days, got some tractors to service and some small repairs,7 salt lick to freshen up , and of course some shop work.  ;) Life is Good.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18901 on: June 05, 2022, 07:12:16 pm »
Great weekend, got both my tractors serviced and leaks repaired, they are ready for the summer. 6 salt licks freshened up. Also got my neck knife finished and both Osage bow I have been working on ready to put the final touches and seal. Lots of good friends down to visit,shoot and work in the shop, just don't get much better. Neck knife just need a sheave .
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18902 on: June 05, 2022, 07:14:19 pm »
Jon came down and was doing some string work also making a new string jig, and Joe finishing his Osage bow after we flipped the tips, turned out nice.37@28, just what he wanted.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18903 on: June 05, 2022, 07:18:20 pm »
Both my bows shot in, 1 is a RD and the knotty one is straight limb. Both shoot nice and I think will make me a couple of fine hunting bows .RD bow is 50@26 and the knotty one is 47@26.
 Pappy
« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 07:30:53 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18904 on: June 05, 2022, 07:29:22 pm »
Had a guy show up that was at the Classic, he didn't get his bow finished, he lives the other side of Nashville so not to far. He wanted me to help him finish it so of course i did, It was hickory 66 N-N We finished it out to 48@27 and , he had never shot anything but a compound but after a little schooling he shot it well and I think he is hooked.  :) :) Late after noon several of my old buddies came by , these are some of my oldest friends and were founding members of TwinOaks but life changes and some are doing other things now, still great to get together with them and talking about old times,hunting stories and other adventures we had back when we were young men.  ??? ;) :)some of you that have been coming to the Classic for a long time will know some of these guys, great bunch and great long time friends.  :) Don't get much better. Life is Good. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #18905 on: June 06, 2022, 04:03:48 am »
Thanks Pappy  (=) ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #18906 on: June 06, 2022, 06:48:09 am »
Looks like another fine weekend Pappy.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Otis

« Reply #18907 on: June 06, 2022, 03:40:00 pm »
That's one heck of a crew right there!!!  Can say I know all of them and have had the pleasure of BSing with all of them.
Can't wait to get back to Twin Oaks.

David

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18908 on: June 07, 2022, 07:58:52 am »
Ya Dave it is quite the crew, known most of them for 40+ years, just a great bunch of guys. We laughed till our sides hunt, especially Jeffery and Woody, they are a hoot to be around and so full of crap, they will keep you laughing for hours.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Otis

« Reply #18909 on: June 07, 2022, 08:55:43 am »
I laughed so hard the night Woody put the bandana on your old cat I almost peed myself.  Never a dull moment with Woody around.  I know he and Jeffery sure get after each other.  Nothing like good friends.  Guess the only thing better is good
OLD friends.

David

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18910 on: June 08, 2022, 08:13:01 am »
I had forgot about that Dave, old Bubba, he was a great cat, just couldn't keep himself from chasing women and that finely got him ??? ;) :) :) thanks for reminding me of that.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18911 on: June 10, 2022, 08:13:10 am »
Was planning on going to Cloverdale this weekend but Miss Joanie reminded that I had 2 doctors appointments in Nashville today >:( so I guess when I get back from them I will just head to the Cabin, several of my buddies are going to Cloverdale so I will have the place to me and the girls. Guess I will have a peaceful weekend, hope yall do the same. Life is good.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18912 on: June 12, 2022, 07:22:37 pm »
Very peaceful weekend at the Cabin, got some work done in the shop and had a couple of good friends drop by to shoot and hang out. Mostly neck knives and some shooting, I found another old file hidden in my tool box, managed to get 3 neck knives out of it with a little tag work for length. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18913 on: June 12, 2022, 07:23:52 pm »
1 finished and 2 to go. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18914 on: June 12, 2022, 07:26:18 pm »
After getting 2 more blades laid out I took some time and wrapped the handles on my last 2 bows and took them out for a test run on the practice range. ;) Both Shot pretty well. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good