Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4610264 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #18960 on: July 06, 2022, 08:13:49 am »
Thanks guys, much appreciated.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18961 on: July 07, 2022, 08:17:01 am »
Headed to the cabin for a couple of day, going to do some shop work and bush hogging, what better way to clear the mind. My brothers funeral is Saturday evening , not really looking forward to that but will be glad to get it behind us. He will be missed for sure , I get a lot of time while i am doing my thing to remember the good times not what I am going to miss. Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #18962 on: July 07, 2022, 09:00:12 am »
Sorry for your loss Pappy.
Making rounds on a tractor  all day is a good way to settle things out.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18963 on: July 10, 2022, 05:15:35 pm »
Yes it dose Ed. Had a good weekend, got a lot done around the farm Thursday and Friday and although Sad Saturday it all went well and him and all the family seems to be at peace with it. After bush hogging a few hours Thursday I had a lot of alone time and spent most of it in the shop working on a couple of knives and bows. Got my knotty bow all finished up.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18964 on: July 10, 2022, 05:17:45 pm »
Got another blade all cut and trimmed out and one ready to put glue up the  handle .
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18965 on: July 10, 2022, 05:21:16 pm »
Bow all sealed up, 5 coats of tru oil and 2 coats of satin polly. Handle glues up and sanded and the stand finished. Deer leg bone handle and also leg bone for the stop on the stand.  :) Love deer leg bones, they are handy for lots of different things. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18966 on: July 10, 2022, 05:26:41 pm »
My girls were worn out from following me on the bush hog, they run every round and chase every thing I run out of the bushes. I sealed the knife and stand with lin seed oil, this is some Clint [Osage outlaw] gave me several years ago he found cleaning out his Grand Fathers garage I think he said :-\ . It was a lot of it and I use it on lots of projects, thanks Clint. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18967 on: July 10, 2022, 05:29:06 pm »
Knife all sealed up.  :) another stand in the works from and old Burl I have had laying around [ Persimmon I think] A good fire Thursday night, love just setting watching the fire. Then Friday morning some buddies came by and we went out on the practice range to fling a few arrows.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18968 on: July 10, 2022, 05:31:44 pm »
More out on the range, we all shot pretty well. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18969 on: July 10, 2022, 05:35:33 pm »
A few more out on the range. My 2 Osage ready for my trip out west, all I need to do now is finish my Yew and I will be set, I always like to build 2 or 3 bows for the trip along with a matched set of arrows for each, should be able to manage that over the next month and a half. Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #18970 on: July 11, 2022, 12:40:47 am »
I'm glad you are still using that oil Pappy.  You have got a lot more use out of it than I ever would have.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline chamookman

« Reply #18971 on: July 11, 2022, 03:28:09 am »
Thanks Pappy - aways a good start to My Week  (=) ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #18972 on: July 11, 2022, 08:14:17 am »
Nothing like sitting in a tractor for hours and hours to get your mind active. Sometimes it’s a good thing and sometimes it’s not. Hope you thought of a lot of good memories Pappy.

I know I have been thinking of my dad and brother a lot lately. The tractor is a place of solitude for me. I’ve spent a lot of my life there. For me I usually find what I’m looking for there. Always said you have to be able to get along with yourself with this job. Some people have a hard time with that.

Your girls look like they are plumb worn out. I’m sure they enjoyed the brush hogging and chasing critters. I’ve never had one that would do it, but I’ve seen dogs that followed their master on tractor all day long day after day. That’s a lot of miles.

Prayers for your brother and family

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18973 on: July 12, 2022, 08:08:36 am »
Ya BJ a good place to think, I don't ride one as long as you but do spend several hours at a time on one and love it.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18974 on: July 14, 2022, 07:44:43 am »
Headed to the cabin this morning for a few days, got a few things left to to to be ready for our event Saturday, it is a 25 target all traditional critter shoot, all small targets, the range is set and should be fun. We are usually all about big targets so this will be a little different ,plus was way easier to set up. ;) :) :) Also our practice range is open to all, It is just a 1 day shoot so don't expect a huge crowd but I have been getting a lot of good response so you never know. :-\  Hope yall have a great weekend also, if you are in the area please stop by for a visit. Life is Good. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good