Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4650213 times)

Offline PaulN/KS

Re: Life is good
« Reply #19230 on: December 10, 2022, 02:18:00 pm »
It's a "Law of The Universe" that plumbing jobs, once started, require at least 2 or more trips to the hardware store.
(And I used to be a plumber...  ::))

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #19231 on: December 11, 2022, 03:52:07 pm »
I like that law, ;) that's the way it always seems to work out for me that's for sure. Had a great weekend, lots of rain for most of it but did get some hunting in, seen a few deer, no shots but still seeing tons of turkey, stopped counting at over 100 hens withsome jakes mixed in and 7 long beards, seems they are everywhere when you can't hunt them. It's pretty slow this time of year at the cabin, everyone busy getting ready for Christmas but did have a few friends drop by. :) I spent most of the weekend working on knives in between trying to hunt, guess yall are getting tired of seeing my knife work but that's about all that's going on for me other that hunting and ant killing nothing to get pictures of. ??? ;) :) :) Here are a couple of knives I finished up this weekend. First one and old saw blade and the 2nd another old file, 1 with elk antler scales and the other hidden tang with deer leg bone handle. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19232 on: December 11, 2022, 03:54:19 pm »
Hidden tang ready for finish and stand of old barn wood/deer antler shed and deer toe for the stop. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19233 on: December 11, 2022, 03:56:37 pm »
Got the scale knife finished up also with stand, old barn wood, deer antler shed and deer toe bone for a stop. All the antlers and stops are glued and also pinned with a brass pin going through the board and Antler and stops so the don't pop loose if hit. ;)They both turned out pretty nice and should make a good gift for someone.  ;)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 04:23:10 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19234 on: December 11, 2022, 04:02:00 pm »
Finely got my Turkey fan/feet and beard dries and cleaned up, ready to mount on something, haven't decided yet  :) Mark dropped by for a little bow work and also get some arrows tuned for the bow he made for his daughter in law for Christmas . Had a few other buddies drop by so got a little time around the fire just shooting the bull, very relaxing weekend for me. Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Parnell

« Reply #19235 on: December 11, 2022, 06:09:01 pm »
Been awhile since I've caught up on here, Pappy.  Sure been plenty going on just settling into a new feeling for things around here.  We are doing fine and moving through the work.  Time sure has moved super fast over the last 2 and a half months!  Still amazed to see how much damage still has yet to be cleaned up by the beach from the hurricane...crazy.  Been putting in a fair amount of time volunteering still and helping my buddy start to rebuilt some basics.  They aren't in their house but luckily his folks aren't far away so they have a place to rest at night.  I hope we can get one room livable so they can live basically and simply while they renovate the house and raise it up to a second story for the future.  As people say...it will take years.

Very happy to see that you have had an enjoyable Autumn season.  As always, great pictures, and its super to see what you and yours have been up to.  Knife work is looking really nice and enjoyed seeing the picture of your granddaughter with the bb gun!  Good stuff.

Take care, be looking for you all down the road.

Parnell

1’—>1’

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19236 on: December 11, 2022, 06:54:31 pm »
Thanks Steve, think of yall often, make me fell even more blessed that I haven't been hit with that kind of damage around here.
That kind of thing brings out the best and worst in people, seem the best in you. Stay safe and stay in touch when you can. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #19237 on: December 12, 2022, 03:40:32 am »
Thanks Pappy  (=) - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19238 on: December 13, 2022, 08:23:09 am »
You are welcome Bob, glad you enjoy, think of you every week when I post this thread.  :) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #19239 on: December 13, 2022, 10:34:32 am »
I remember right after I bought my old farm house. I was remodeling by myself. I was putting in another bathroom and just ready for the final connection to the old cast iron sewer line.

To my horror as I wiggled it just a little, the cast iron sewer line broke off right where it went out the basement wall.

Ended up being a blessing as I dug it up outside and replaced the entire sewer line

Sure didn’t feel like it when it happened though

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19240 on: December 14, 2022, 08:19:44 am »
Been there done that BJ, seems everything I touch when it comes to plumbing turns in to a big deal, I did finely get it all repaired at the cabin though so now can move on to some things I enjoy. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Stoker

« Reply #19241 on: December 14, 2022, 10:07:33 am »
I feel your pain with the plumbing. It teaches you tolerance and inner strength.
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19242 on: December 15, 2022, 07:42:42 am »
For sure Stoker, patients and deep breaths help me along.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19243 on: December 16, 2022, 06:21:51 am »
Got everything about caught up around the house and farm, the rain has finely stopped so headed to the woods this morning to see if i can find a doe that wants to come close and play. ;) Tough time of the year to bow hunt but I just love the woods in December, very peaceful.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19244 on: December 18, 2022, 04:57:41 pm »
No luck on the deer but had a good weekend just the same, got some stuff done in the shop and had a good meeting for TwinOaks Saturday mid day, making plans for the coming year and of course for the Classic. Got my Turkey mount started and another stand for the new knife I am working on, it came from old smoke broke down house on the farm, very old oak .
 Pappy
« Last Edit: December 18, 2022, 05:13:04 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good