Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4647680 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #19245 on: December 18, 2022, 05:01:23 pm »
Also Shawn and I are making up some Osage blanks to have for the self bow challenge at the Classic, we have lot of Osage just needs to be worked down.  :) Also working on a handle for my knife, deer leg bone, love them leg bone handles especially for a hidden tang knife, already drilled  ;) :) :) :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: December 18, 2022, 05:13:52 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19246 on: December 18, 2022, 05:03:51 pm »
Knife handle ready to fit and glue up, Osage on the form and making some head way on my Turkey mount.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19247 on: December 18, 2022, 05:05:47 pm »
Knife and stand ready for finish. ;) Antler stand and cow horn stop.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19248 on: December 18, 2022, 05:08:14 pm »
Sally and Sister getting fat and lazy during deer season, bet the have put on 10/15 lbs. Lots of Osage work going on, Shawn is laying them out and I am cutting them/shaping and getting them on the form.  :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: December 18, 2022, 05:15:47 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19249 on: December 18, 2022, 05:11:57 pm »
Wound up with 4 finished, 1 ready for the form and 2 spliced in the handle and waiting on the glue to dry,not a bad weekend ;). I also made a sheath for my new knife, it is another neck knife, Love neck knives and can usually make them from scrap left over for a larger knife, waste not want not. :) Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: December 18, 2022, 05:17:04 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BrianS

« Reply #19250 on: December 18, 2022, 06:29:09 pm »
Turkey fan mount looks great!

Offline chamookman

« Reply #19251 on: December 19, 2022, 04:27:20 am »
Man - That pile of Yellow Wood around the Bandsaw, took Me back ! Had a Lab/Springer mix Dog that chewed and ate LOTS of Osage as it came off the Saw in My Shop. Matt always said, She should have left Yellow Piles in the Yard  ;D. Thanks Pappy  (=) - Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19252 on: December 19, 2022, 07:56:42 am »
Ya Bob we are making a bunch of kilning right now Bob, makes a great fire starter. :) Thanks Brian, Just had to do something with it and this seemed fitting and was fun to make. :) Now where to hang it, like you axes I am running out of room for stuff.  ???
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19253 on: December 21, 2022, 08:20:23 am »
Man it is fixing to get really cold in Tennessee  (S) I know some of you guys are use to it but not here, down to 0 tomorrow night and then not out of the low teens for highs for several days, I have been spending my time trying to get things ready, straw and heat light in my girls dog house, heat light under the cabin for pipes and straw bails and heat light around my fish pond on the side porch. Not sure what else to do, Frank the guy that gave me the fish said they would be fine as long as the pond don't freeze solid and around here that usually wouldn't happen but with this blast from the North it just might. :-\  Anyway it is what it is and all I can do is try and be ready, yall stay warm and hope everyone has a Blessed Christmas. WINTER HAS COME !!!!!
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #19254 on: December 21, 2022, 08:31:31 am »
Good luck with the freezing weather everyone and please be careful with heat lamps and thawing pipes.

Our neighbor lost their beautiful house in the woods Sunday morning. No one hurt but everything was lost. Burned right to the ground

Bjrogg
« Last Edit: December 22, 2022, 07:30:09 am by bjrogg »
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline BrianS

« Reply #19255 on: December 21, 2022, 09:29:35 pm »
Pappy, Hope you do not have problems with your pipes and fish during the cold snap. Looks like several places will be getting some Winter Weather. Mother Nature does what she does. Stay warm and safe.
brian

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19256 on: December 22, 2022, 07:49:17 am »
Thanks guys, done all I know to do, been here before just not normal for us to get this cold and stay that way for several days. We are supposed to get a little snow also.  :) Don't take much snow here to shut things down so glad my freezers and pantry are full and everything filled with gas. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19257 on: December 26, 2022, 08:52:15 am »
More snow today and still below freezing/ pipes froze in my cabin bathroom so looks like a space heater under the house and more plumbing for me today, ??? :-\ :) :) not what I had planned  >:( Guess it will all work out, supposed to be in the low 60's by Thursday through the weekend, quite a roller coaster ride around here.  ;) :) :) I always try and look at the bright side, it could have been a lot worse that's for sure, at least it's not the pipes in the ground and I can get to the ones that are the problem.  :)
Sometimes we have trouble in this world, but Life is still Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19258 on: December 31, 2022, 10:19:31 am »
Been a great week, got a lot of hunting in but the deer didn't want to cooperate but did get a lot done around the shop and cabin.
Got a lot of stave work done and started another knife. ;) A good fire was welcome most of the week  (S)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19259 on: December 31, 2022, 10:22:38 am »
Decided I need a new rasp and of course a good handle, leg bone attached with pine pitch glue, also got some very ugly stave tamed done a bit. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good