Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4650325 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #19275 on: January 08, 2023, 05:45:57 pm »
Knife and stand finished, just needs sealer and hickory in the cabin to dry a few days before moving on. Hope yall had a good weekend also. :) I hadn't noticed till now the pictures in the back ground, it is GFred and my son Beau when he was 10 or 11 at Cloverdale IN.  and another when Beau was 35 at the cabin, hadn't heard Fred has passed when I took the picture, strange how things happen. :) Life is Good. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19276 on: January 13, 2023, 08:53:00 am »
Headed to the cabin but only for today and a short time tomorrow, tomorrow is Miss Joanie's 70th birthday so need to be home to do something, not sure what yet but something  :-\ Jesse in back in the states and is coming down today for a day or 2 of hanging out and probably some brain tanning, I plan on hunting this evening since it is the LAST day for deer this year, haven't been seeing many deer but who knows what this evening holds, also the TwinOaks squirrel hunt is tomorrow so I plan on hunting the morning with my 32 flint lock, it will be it's first real hunt and I am excited about getting it in the woods, It shoots well enough if I can do my part. :)  Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good.  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #19277 on: January 13, 2023, 09:51:16 am »
Please wish Miss Joanie a very Happy Birthday and many happy returns.  :OK 
 Good luck with the .32 and the squirrels, Pappy and on your last deer hunt this evening.  :-M   :-D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #19278 on: January 13, 2023, 05:22:12 pm »
I went to the Alabama Kentucky Longrifle show this morning, the guy who was second in line to buy your rifle asked me if you liked it, I sure am happy you ended up with it. For those reading this and don't know about Pappy's rifle, here it is.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19279 on: January 14, 2023, 10:15:00 am »
I love it Eric, very Blanced to carry and shoots very true, I am in the woods now , all I need is to see a squirrel 😉 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19280 on: January 15, 2023, 07:50:14 pm »
Great weekend, again no meat for the freezer but a good time rambling around in the woods, I am beginning to wonder about my hunting skills.  ??? :-\ :) :) Put some tip over lays on my Hickory project/started a new bow for Margaret Ann from a 20 year old piece of Osage I have hanging above my work bench since she was born, finely time to put it to use ;) also put my deer leg skins in a tanning solution, it's a chemical solution with salt and should do what I need it to, maybe not as soft as I want but we will see.  :-\
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19281 on: January 15, 2023, 07:53:04 pm »
Shawn and i have been doing a lot of splices, we have a lot of good billets and decide to put some together, also got Margaret Ann's bow on the form for some tweaking. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19282 on: January 15, 2023, 07:54:40 pm »
Decided to put some snake skin sheds on Margaret Ann's bow, I know I have heard of people doing this but it just didn't work out, they were so fragile that every time I tried to move them they would rip, fooled with them for several hours and then just scraped them off and going to plan B, real skins, I think they would have looked really cool but just wasn't in the cards. We also got a good snow Friday, snowed hard and covered everything but as normal in Tennessee it didn't last long, was sure pretty for a while. :) :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: January 15, 2023, 07:58:44 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19283 on: January 15, 2023, 08:01:03 pm »
Venison brats for lunch, it was chilly all weekend and the Girls had their favorite spot by the fire, Got some nice over lays on Margaret Ann's bow, deer horn. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19284 on: January 15, 2023, 08:15:35 pm »
Jesse showed up for a few days, back safe from Colombia S A. ??? got Margaret Ann's bow tillered out to 15@15 may have to take a little more off after I let her draw it but so far looks really good, R&D 42 inches T-T, antler over lays and shelf, of course pink 8 strand d97 with purple serving. ;) :) her favorite colors I will add some beads to the thread below the grip and a Turkey feather on the end of the bowers knot. Then Saturday went out on our squirrel hunt, seen no squirrels but had good time looking for them. Did shoot my flint lock when I got in and can say they squirrels would have been in trouble if the got 25/30 yards of me, spent some time cleaning it up and getting it ready for our next adventure. :) Had a great Saturday evening meal with Miss Joanie/Beau/Christina and the grand kids for her Birth day !!!  Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #19285 on: January 16, 2023, 04:21:19 am »
Lookin' good with that Flinter in Your hands there Pappy  :-M ! Thanks - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19286 on: January 19, 2023, 08:24:05 am »
Thanks Bob, I am a bow guy but do love this flint lock. It's a beauty and feels so good to carry around and shoot.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #19287 on: January 19, 2023, 08:50:12 am »
Looks good there Pappy.  :OK
How's your flint supply holding out?  ???

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19288 on: January 19, 2023, 09:09:14 pm »
Very good for now, not near as bad on flint as I figured it would be, I am supplied for now , thanks a bunch, one less thing to worry about as Forest Gump would say .  ;)  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19289 on: January 20, 2023, 08:29:58 am »
Headed to the farm this evening, got an ear doctor app. at noon in Nashville so messed up my normal schedule, ??? got to try and get these ears fixed, they have been giving me fits for the last few weeks. We got a club meeting in the morning and after the meeting our annual rabbit hunt, got a friend bringing his dogs, so with 8 or 10 with bows seeing if we can hit one it should be a lot of laughs and fun just to get out and roam around. I have a pretty good rabbit crop this year so hope we can have some action. Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good