Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4633513 times)

Offline Buckeye Guy

Re: Life is good
« Reply #19290 on: January 20, 2023, 08:39:20 pm »
Hey Pappy good to see your still at it
just checking in
life has been interesting
I / we have made some changes and sure hope it works out to be on here more as I've been missing y'all
we moved our place of residence not far but after 43yrs any change is big
on different internet now with a different computer
now if I can get my shop set up and get to scraping some wood it will all be good
Take care my friend
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #19291 on: January 22, 2023, 04:48:59 pm »
Man it is good to hear from you Guy, think of you often and glad to hear you are doing well. Had a good weekend at the cabin, Jesse was around so we were doing some hide work, him brain tanning a couple and me getting some scrapped i have racked up along with a little knife work. We also had a good club meeting and annual rabbit hunt, no one killed any but had a lot of fun trying, the guy with the dogs did kill the last one the dogs ran with his shot gun. Jesse pre smoking a hide and me working on another file knife. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19292 on: January 22, 2023, 04:52:33 pm »
Jesse working on a big hide. I got my deer leg/feet tanned, they turned out pretty cool, not sure what I will do with them but will find something. :-\ also got my new knife all put together with stand made. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19293 on: January 22, 2023, 04:58:35 pm »
I also made another side quiver from an old bow quiver someone was going to throw away.  :) I had and old post vice gifted to me last year, it was missing some parts and in pretty bad shape, it had a bushing missing so it wouldn't close up properly, Lucky we have a member/good friend in the club that is a retired machinist , we measured and he made me just what i needed, nice to have good friends. ;) :) Jesse with his big hide almost finished and me with another scrapped and off the rack, only got 5 more to do. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19294 on: January 22, 2023, 05:00:59 pm »
Jesse finishing up his big hide, turned out nice with a good dark smoke.  :) I skinned the 1 rabbit that was killed and saved the hide, the rabbit went in the crock pot with all the fixings . ;) :) Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #19295 on: January 23, 2023, 03:13:35 am »
Thanks Pappy  (=) - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #19296 on: January 23, 2023, 11:52:19 am »
Sounds like another interesting weekend Pappy. Really is nice to know a variety of people with a variety of skills.

Those hides look really good.

Thanks for sharing

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline BrianS

« Reply #19297 on: January 23, 2023, 07:18:25 pm »
Pappy,
Hides and knife look great! Thank you for posting. I always enjoying seeing when the Life is Good thread has something new on it.
Take care, Brian
also Thanks for the kind words about our club up here.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19298 on: January 24, 2023, 08:25:01 am »
Thanks guys, yes BJ it is, we have a very diverse group at TwinOaks, makes it nice with all the projects we have going on, always someone that knows how to do what ever it is that needs to be done.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19299 on: January 27, 2023, 08:18:27 am »
Headed to the cabin this morning, got a few things on my mind to get done, I am building Margaret Ann a new bow and of course the great thing about having 3 grand kids is that if you do something for 1 you have to do it for all so i started 2 more yesterday for Bodhi and Tanner.  :) I built them all 1 when they were born but they have quickly out grown them.  ??? ;) :) Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19300 on: January 29, 2023, 04:58:22 pm »
Beautiful weekend at the cabin, spent most of it working on my grand kids bows, also some hide work, down to 3 left in the rack to get scraped and made into rawhide, also helped a couple of buddies on bows they have in the works and took some time out to shoot the practice range , it was good getting out and shooting with good friends. Got Margaret Ann and Bodhi's bows all tillered out and ready to seal, 1 is 12@15 the other is 15@15 should be just right, also got Tanners ring chased and laid out, ready for the form. I got a while on his, he is going on 2. ;) :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 05:22:15 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19301 on: January 29, 2023, 05:03:13 pm »
Tanner's bow is out of some 10 year old Osage, fine rings and very clean wood, should make him a good bow for several years. Got another hide scrapped and ready to tan.  :) Just doing 1 is a job but when you get several to do it gets over whelming.  ??? ;) Deer brats for lunch, we eat them almost every Friday/Saturday, guess I need to get on it and make some more. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 05:23:12 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19302 on: January 29, 2023, 05:07:47 pm »
Brown beans with ham and fried deer steak in bear grease for supper, hard to beat that. :) Then on to another hide, almost got this one done before I gave out, I will finish it this week if the weather cooperates,  :-\ I use to be good for a full days work, seems now I am about a half day guy.  :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 05:24:05 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19303 on: January 29, 2023, 05:10:39 pm »
Back to the kids bows, got Margaret Ann's sealed up and Tanner's off the form and read for nocks and tillering.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19304 on: January 29, 2023, 05:17:26 pm »
 My girls was worn out as I was. ;)Mark showed up for some bow work and some of the guys just to shoot and hand out, we have a new member this year and the cool thing is he has 2 girls, 9 and 5 , prefect, most of us in the club and getting older and have only grand kids so they aren't there as often as we would like, it is great to have some young blood with interest. These girls are as sweet as they can be and will be the prefect age for our grand kids to hang out and run around with.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good