Main Discussion Area > Primitive Skills

Life is good

<< < (3864/4007) > >>

Pappy:
Got the files softened, I let them cool slow in a hot plate filled with sand, I warm it to 200 and then turn it off, after I take the files out of the forge I put them in the warm sand to cool slow, will soften them where they work easy every time. It was cold and ice on all the trees and Joe showed up, we decided to go out and shoot the practice range, it was cold but beautiful out in the woods and we both shot pretty well also.  :)
 Pappy

Pappy:
More fun on the range. :)
 Pappy

Pappy:
The last shot is a 120 yard white goat, don't hit it often but fun to fling and arrow at. Decided to finely finish my yew RD bow and also laid out another knife blade. Put the Finish on Bodhi's bow and flute, now he should be happy. :)
 Pappy

Pappy:
Put a shelf on my yew bow and finished tillering to 48@26, shot it quite a bit and it shoots really well, cooked some deer brats on the fire for lunch and the sun shined just enough Saturday for me scrape another hide, down to 2 now.  ;) Hope yall had a good one also. always a good time at the cabin for me even in the ice and cold. Life is Good.  :) :)
 Pappy

chamookman:
Really like the Yew Bow, makes a beautiful Bow. Too bad it's not a durable as Yellow Wood! Thanks as always Pappy  (=) - Bob/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version