Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4650544 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #19350 on: February 26, 2023, 06:23:41 pm »
I am still having a little trouble with my balance so I decided not to go to SCI Convection with them, they had a great time and I just stayed at the cabin and worked on stuff Thursday and Friday while they went to Nashville. Turned cold so my girls stayed close to the fire. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19351 on: February 26, 2023, 06:26:09 pm »
Got my knives finished all but sealing. They brought me a beautiful knife from the show, made from a pre WW2 saw blade, outstanding work, makes mine look kind of sad. :( :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19352 on: February 26, 2023, 06:30:42 pm »
Rocky giving orders in the kitchen  ;) :) and Kevin taking them. We went to the Spring Fling Saturday and had a great time, I couldn't shoot but had a great time seeing old friends and looking over the vendors, it was a good event, cold and rain but who cares. Got back Saturday evening and finished another knife and stand then went to bed early, them boys kept me up way passed my usual bed time. Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #19353 on: February 26, 2023, 09:40:15 pm »
The knives look great Pappy!
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline chamookman

« Reply #19354 on: February 27, 2023, 03:24:26 am »
Pretty Rough Crowd there Pappy  (lol) ! I know You had a good time  (=). Thanks - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19355 on: February 27, 2023, 09:48:46 pm »
Thanks Clint ;), ya Bob they are pretty rough,and yes had a good time with them as always. Never a dull moment with them 2 around. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19356 on: March 03, 2023, 07:49:00 am »
Headed to the farm as soon as the storms pass and I know everything is good here at home, got a few things going in the shop and headed to Buck hollow in the morning for the annual Pappy cup  ;) :) :) our club against theirs , they won last year so we need to be on our game, :) I got cleared to shoot, not sure how much help that will be but I will give it my best. :-\ It is always fun either way. :) Hope every one stays safe as the storms pass through !!!  Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #19357 on: March 03, 2023, 08:30:38 am »
Good luck to you and team Twin Oaks. 

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #19358 on: March 03, 2023, 01:10:04 pm »
Sorry to hear you've been ailing, Pappy.  Good luck at the shoot!
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19359 on: March 03, 2023, 08:14:55 pm »
Thanks, Ya lots of damage today from the storm , lots of big trees down all over, lights out and they say May be several days, lot of clean up but we are tough and will get it done, shoot has been canceled till we can get stuff cleaned up. Hope everyone else is good, it was really bad here, straight lines wind in the 70’s they say and I believe it, wind like I never seen before and I been around a while . Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #19360 on: March 03, 2023, 11:06:09 pm »
Sorry to hear that, Pappy. Hope there wasn't too much damage.
 We only got 1" of rain today and some wind but not that much. We've had strange weather so far this year. Last month(Feb) there were 23 days with over the normal temps with some 15 degrees or more over and night time temps in the 50s.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #19361 on: March 04, 2023, 12:00:20 am »
Hope the damage isn't too bad.  We had the same weather up here.  Lits of trees down and one path of straight line winds tore some roofs off a few houses. 

Offline BrianS

« Reply #19362 on: March 04, 2023, 01:07:00 pm »
Sorry to hear about your storm damage, hope You and your family and friends are ok.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19363 on: March 05, 2023, 07:56:20 am »
Thanks guys, all good here, just lots of clean up, nor real structural at home or cabin, some damage on my barn roof and siding but mostly just lots of big trees down and of course some widow makers left hanging in the trees. We just have a lot of chain saw work and clean up around the farm. Hope everyone else is safe, man what a wind !!! My son Beau works for Cumberland electric and said when the storm came through it was rated as strong as a cat 2 hurricane , clocked 79 mph winds in Clarksville, trees and lights out everywhere and said it would be days for some to get it back on. I sent Friday and Saturday morning at the farm, mostly in the shop just riding it out, then came home Saturday morning to start clean up here, I live in a pine thicket, about 100 pines in my yard so have a lot of clean up for sure. Did have a little peace with some more knife work and helping on Bob's first bow. Knife blade ready to heat treat and temper, just waiting for the wind to lay a little so I can use the forge, and Bob's bow ready for the form again for some tweaking. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19364 on: March 05, 2023, 07:58:59 am »
My girls stayed close through the storm. My blade heat treated and quenched and Shawn's blade ready for heat treating.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good