Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4611183 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #19515 on: June 09, 2023, 08:05:28 am »
Headed to the cabin for a few days, most of our bunch has gone to Cloverdale so will probably be a quite peaceful weekend, hope yall have a good one .Life is Good. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19516 on: June 12, 2023, 07:01:05 am »
Very peaceful weekend, only a few showed up to work on bows and I spent most of it putting together some knives/back packing and working on gear for my trip, a little early but I am slow and need time to get myself and my stuff ready so I always start early. Got 4 knives put together, not sure what I will do with all these but fun putting them together.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19517 on: June 12, 2023, 07:03:36 am »
Had Greg and Kenny come by to work on bows, good to see Greg back at it and this is Kenny's first and seems pretty excited about it, who knows he may stay with it.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19518 on: June 12, 2023, 07:06:18 am »
Bob and Chuck also came by, Bob debarking and sealing some Osage he just cut and Chuck working on an English Long bow style bow, bow is coming along nicely. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19519 on: June 12, 2023, 07:07:40 am »
Knives ready to sand and seal. :) Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BrianS

« Reply #19520 on: June 12, 2023, 08:39:01 am »
Pappy,
Your knives look great! Thanks as always for posting your happenings at your place. It has inspired me many times to get out and do something.
Take care,
Brian

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #19521 on: June 12, 2023, 10:01:07 am »
A nice, productive weekend, Pappy. I love the look of these new knives with the bone handles and metal bolsters.
 As far as getting ready for your fall hunting trip I say you can't start too early. The first time I went to Colorado I had 8 months to get ready and by the time I left in late August Marcia was well ready to see me leave plus I was in good shape to go hunt at 9000'.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline chamookman

« Reply #19522 on: June 13, 2023, 04:30:21 am »
I think that You have this Knife thing down  (lol) - lookin' good. Thanks Pappy  (=) - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19523 on: June 13, 2023, 07:37:49 am »
Thanks guys, much appreciated, I do enjoy working on them. Pat you are right, can't start to early, I stay in decent shape just for all the stuff I do around the shop and farm but to back pack with 50 or so lbs on you and hunt in the mountains it's different, we base camp at about 8000 and hunt between 9 and 11 so muscles aren't the problem usually it's the lack of air, ??? being in shape does help though, I have just learned to slow down, if I start to feel a little winded I just stop till I catch up. ;) :) Beau's father in law as had some problems that required surgery so we have had the grand babies the last 3 days, been interesting and fun around here. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #19524 on: June 13, 2023, 02:59:54 pm »
Boy, those knives look good Pappy! I really like the first one with the bone handle. Looks like I have an appointment with an Orthopedic Doctor coming up. The knee just isn't getting any better. My Doc thinks I've been walking around on torn tendons. Enjoy the Grandbabies.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19525 on: June 14, 2023, 07:13:28 am »
Sorry to hear about your knee but glad you are getting it looked at and repaired, you are going to be the bionic man if you keep it up.  :) Guess that's what happens when we work hard and play hard all our lives. :) Beautiful weather around here the last few days, cool and low humidity, headed out for a hike with my pack this morning, need to get in as much as I can because I know this weather ant going to last much longer.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19526 on: June 16, 2023, 07:30:39 am »
Heading to the farm for a day or 2 for some fun, a little bow work and some shooting, also got a club meeting in the morning so will be good to see my old friends. Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19527 on: June 19, 2023, 07:05:40 am »
Great weekend, lots of bow work and a couple of good hikes with the pack, Got 3 or 4 guys building bow right now so the shop is staying busy, I love that. I even got another one going from a nice piece of Osage I roughed out in 2005, been in the corner for years and I thought it was time. ;) :) I managed to get it floor tillered and on and off the form over the weekend, spent most of my time helping Greg and Kenny on their bows.Also got the finish on my latest knives, guess I will call them done. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19528 on: June 19, 2023, 07:09:33 am »
Jimmy Blackmon is wanting to build another bow so Shawn and I went to the barn and picked him out a good stave. Got Kenny's bow out to 45@22, getting close to what he wants and looking good right now. Greg is building a couple of bows for a good friend so I have been pitching in to help. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19529 on: June 19, 2023, 07:14:58 am »
Shawn is working on another set of billets , seems he likes them better than stave's. ??? Greg is a great bow builder but don't have much experience is  flipping tips and R/D bows so I been helping him out and have really been enjoying it. Good to be back scrapping on bow and bending wood. ;) Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good