Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4652166 times)

Offline chamookman

Re: Life is good
« Reply #19530 on: June 20, 2023, 03:31:55 am »
Glad to see the Yellow Wood back out ! Thanks Pappy  (=) - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #19531 on: June 20, 2023, 07:22:28 am »
Thanks Bob, I do fool with a lot of different things but scrapping on wood is still my first love.  :) seems every piece is different and has it's own issues to figure out, keeps you mind sharp and Lord knows I need that.  ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19532 on: June 25, 2023, 04:47:43 pm »
Great weekend, short for me at the cabin but still a lot of fun. Beau and Christina went Saturday to canoe the red river so we had the grand kids Saturday, I went home early Saturday morning to lend a hand, Miss Joanie can handle them when all the play is in the house but a 2/4/6 year old around the pool is another story, she needed PapPap so I of course went.  ;) :) :) Greg and I have been helping 3 buddies with their first bows.  :) It has taken a while but we finely made it Friday !!!
 Pappy
« Last Edit: June 25, 2023, 05:03:32 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19533 on: June 25, 2023, 04:50:27 pm »
Got Buckys shooting first, came in at 55@26 and shooting very nice. Got Kenny's 2nd it was a R/D and came in 42@26 both shooting well and the weight they were looking for.  :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: June 25, 2023, 05:03:58 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19534 on: June 25, 2023, 04:54:21 pm »
Got Doug's shooting last, 50@26 as hard as I tried I couldn't get a full draw, he is just way to fast on the trigger, ;) :) :) then I had a peaceful Friday night around the fire. :) Very pleased with how their bows turned out, they were so happy and that made all the time and effort worth it.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19535 on: June 25, 2023, 04:58:34 pm »
Went home Saturday morning to be with the kids, we had a couple adventures in the back area and they helped put out my salt lick, it has been there for years and 1 of their favorite spots to check out when they are there. great fun , but keeping up with them is getting to be quite the challenge. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: June 25, 2023, 05:37:28 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19536 on: June 25, 2023, 05:02:07 pm »
Then some cooling off in the pool, not as beautiful and peaceful as BJ'S beach but we do enjoy it and the kids really do. :) You really got to keep and eye on them though, especially Tanner the youngest, he will jump right in with no fear at all. Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #19537 on: June 26, 2023, 02:59:42 am »
Great weekend Pappy ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19538 on: June 27, 2023, 07:13:22 am »
Yep it was Bob, great having the grand kids, they keep me young at least at heart. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #19539 on: June 27, 2023, 08:58:20 am »
They can be a handful at that age. Growing up and raising kids around a pool in just about every backyard and water everywhere, that's a good age to start teaching them to swim.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19540 on: June 28, 2023, 07:15:04 am »
I agree Eddie and we are working on that, Margaret Ann is getting there and Bodhi ant far behind, now Tanner I think will be easy to teach, he already dose pretty good with his arm floaters and has no fear.  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19541 on: June 30, 2023, 07:09:51 am »
Hope everyone is safe after the storms yesterday, we must have gotten 2 + inches in about 20 minutes and lots of thunder and lighten , I was under the work shop shed and man did it pour. :o Headed to the cabin this morning for a good hike and then get stuff ready for brat making tomorrow, got 52 lbs of ground venison and all the fixings, hope to make around 350/400 for Beau and I [the grand kids love them]and another 100 or so for Shawn, should be a fun day. Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #19542 on: June 30, 2023, 08:09:12 am »
That pool looks very inviting Pappy and probably doesn’t have the seaweed and critters living in it our beach does. I’m sure the kids love it.

I’m with Eddie. Teach them to swim. We didn’t have swimming pools around when I was a kid. We had ponds and gravel pits though. We learned really young how to swim or at least float. The big kids taught us. It was kinda a sink or swim lesson, but very effective.

There were literally 50 or more kids there on a hot evening and no adults in sight. The big kids did throw us in, but they also watched out for us

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Online BrianS

« Reply #19543 on: June 30, 2023, 08:35:02 am »
Pappy,
Have a good weekend at your place. Looking forward to seeing and hearing about it next week.
Take care, Brian

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19544 on: July 02, 2023, 06:59:23 pm »
Thanks Brian their always seems to be something going on. Had a good weekend, some bow work in the shop, some brat making and lots of just setting around shooting the bull or I guess you could call it fellowship, it was hot so a good day to stay under the fan although I did make a 4.4 mile pack Friday morning but I did it early, still was hot but bearable.  :) Still had a fire, just something I have to do hot or cold. Some bow work in the shop, Kenny made his first a couple weeks ago and is back for another, I have another one in the works also, my last one didn't make the cut, went powwwww at 24 inches, ??? O well on to another. ;) It's not like it is my first to blow, you just have to move on. :) ;) Sister and Sally just digs a hole and lays in them when it get hot. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: July 02, 2023, 07:17:10 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good