Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4700522 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #19560 on: July 14, 2023, 07:20:46 am »
Got a good weekend planned, we have our critter shoot this weekend and that is always fun, hope the weather cooperates  :-\ you never know this time of year. Got a few things going in the shop also but this weekend will be mostly hanging out with friends and maybe even get a chance to shoot the course. Hope yall have a good one also. Stay cool  ;) :) :)
 Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19561 on: July 16, 2023, 06:24:24 pm »
Spent most of the day Friday getting stuff ready for the shoot on Saturday but did spend some time in the shop on #3 bow and finaly got a shooter  ;) :) :) :) Had a run of bad luck but this one worked out very good. :) Greg made me a sheath for one of my knives, as yall know I ant much on leather work and he loves doing it and is very good at it, I just wanted a plan sheath, he really don't do many plan but did this one for me,Prefect  :) :) He is also really been it to making bows lately, this is his 4th in about a month, he don't shoot them any more and is making these for friends in the club. The bow I am working on it a take down, plan on using it on  my trip. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19562 on: July 16, 2023, 06:26:56 pm »
Got the shelf cut and tips on, tillered to 52@26, now got to figure out what I am going to wrap the handle with, hemp wrap or leather  :-\
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19563 on: July 16, 2023, 06:33:01 pm »
1 of the tips is deer antler and the other had a nice little knot in the end so I just left it and made it into a nock, the knot is hard as a rock and should be fine, the sleeves fit really nice, easy to take apart and no popping when stringing. Got busy Saturday so no pictures of the shoot, it was a small turn out, rained all morning so had lots of time to take the grand kids out for a tour of the farm on the Kobota/shoot/cook burgers and watch them play in the creek,great time. Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #19564 on: July 17, 2023, 04:01:26 am »
Turtle Skin would look real nice on that Bow. Thanks as always  (=) - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19565 on: July 17, 2023, 07:22:42 am »
Good idea Bob, ;) got no turtle skin but do have some gator and elephant , may go with one of them.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #19566 on: July 17, 2023, 09:48:54 am »
Nice work on the take down bow, Pappy. I love the knot nock especially. Glad to see Greg building bows again. I've gotten into making bows again and it feels good. I imagine it's been pretty hot there lately. It's been hot here for us lately, low 90's, but we are getting afternoon showers that bring our night time temps down pretty good. It was 57 here this morning.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19567 on: July 18, 2023, 07:25:35 am »
Thanks Pat, I will show some full draw pictures when I get help, this bow has been in the works for a while as most of my projects lately.  :) Ya I am glad to see Greg back at it also, it seems to be helping with his mental attitude and that's a good thing.  :) Been very hot here but HA it's July and is usually hot this time of year.  ;)  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19568 on: July 23, 2023, 06:01:29 pm »
Great weekend, done a couple of 5 mile hikes, got some bow work done and also got some stuff packed and ready for ElmHall next week and Co. in a month, still several things to get ready but getting there. Got Bob's wife new bow tillered to 25@25 and looking good, she checked it out and can handle that weight. Got my 2 CO, bows ready to put the sealer on, the RD turned out 50@26 and the take down 52@26 just about what I was wanting, both shoot well and I think will be great for my trip and of course later for deer season. Helped Greg recurve another bow he is making for Dan one of our members.  :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: July 23, 2023, 06:24:33 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19569 on: July 23, 2023, 06:10:37 pm »
Got a wrap on my take down bow then shot them both, also got another bow set up with arrows, it's Osage 57 N-N 49@26 hemp wrap handle,the arrows are spruce with /wild turkey feather, 160 ace heads and weigh in at 568-575 , shoot like darts, Asbell style side quiver,should be good for Elk.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19570 on: July 23, 2023, 06:16:08 pm »
Then I went to work on unloading my trailer and checking everything to make sure it still works, also get the stuff I need for next weeks trip to ElmHall, once I get everything checked out I will reload to get ready for CO. Seems everything gets scattered over a year and some things don't work as they should so I have to get started early.  :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19571 on: July 23, 2023, 06:23:21 pm »
Long day for the girls, they were worn out, when I do my packs they always go with me, I am doing about 5 miles now so they are probably doing 10+  :) it was quite Saturday evening so I settled down by the fire and cooked up some back strap for supper, one good thing about all the bow work going on is no problem finding something to get the fire going. Probably no pictures for a couple of weeks, I am headed North this coming Saturday and plan on returning home on the 7th I should have some good pictures from the trip to Elm Hall, it is always a hoot, see yall in a couple of weeks.  :) Life is Good.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #19572 on: July 24, 2023, 10:10:40 am »
Your bows and arrows look ready for an elk, Pappy and the GFA style quiver is my favorite hunting style quiver. You ought to be in pretty good shape for Colorado. I'm excited for you and Beau again this year. I think it's your turn if I'm not mistaken. Looking forward to seeing Greg's recurve finished too.
 Safe travels to Elm Hall and say hey to my friends up there as well.  :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline chamookman

« Reply #19573 on: July 25, 2023, 03:00:21 am »
See You soon Pappy! Thanks as always  (=) Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19574 on: July 26, 2023, 07:08:36 am »
Thanks Pat, I think if I can do my part they will do theirs , I will tell all our up north buddies you said ha. You are welcome Bob, got most everything laid out except filling the coolers, hope to head that way Saturday morning, can't wait to see all you guys. Should be a peaceful first part of the week and the weather looks very good for us coming out of the hot box.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good